• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I was just thinking; I don't remember the last time I met somebody I found boring. There's always some angle that makes people interesting to me. I probably wouldn't notice if I found someone boring, since I just zone out and answer automatically and look interested.

I don't think I'm boring. However, my mother gets an extremely 'eyes glazing over' look when I tell her about something I'm passionate about. That might just be because she doesn't share my fields of interest and I often overwhelm her with information in a desperate attempt to avoid discussion of, say, my sex life, which she over the last couple of years decided that 'grown-ups' can talk about.

Heck, I'm probably quite boring, but sheltered from the knowledge since the rest of the world hides it from me :smile:

lastrailway

I was just thinking; I don't remember the last time I met somebody I found boring...

Oh, that's because you have never met me. You would have found me absurdly boring :)

It seems I cannot give any serious/not off-topic/relative answer today.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Where's the poll? I'd like a shorthand way of knowing which NFs to avoid.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where's the poll? I'd like a shorthand way of knowing which NFs to avoid.

You will deal with boring NFs, it will be inevitable. Your resistance is futile.

Yes, I am very bored at work today.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
I have to say that I am completly unboring. Trust me if you are with me I will make you laugh unless you refrain yourself from my charms.:D

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have to say that I am completly unboring. Trust me if you are with me I will make you laugh unless you refrain yourself from my charms.:D

really? lol. what if the person who wants to hang around you is a friend? hehe.

charming doesnt work when your friends are the same sex.....well, afaik.

INFJ's are good people when it comes to design apparently, yet the creative side of me is in developing relationships on higher levels, not necessarily to achieve "the perfect level" but to grow in relationships, which i find is quite the challenge and very rewarding, whether it be friendship, or a full on relationship! :D

;)

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
really? lol. what if the person who wants to hang around you is a friend? hehe.

charming doesnt work when your friends are the same sex.....well, afaik.

INFJ's are good people when it comes to design apparently, yet the creative side of me is in developing relationships on higher levels, not necessarily to achieve "the perfect level" but to grow in relationships, which i find is quite the challenge and very rewarding, whether it be friendship, or a full on relationship! :D

;)

Well by charms I really didn't mean me trying to seduce them or anything like that (I should have said personality), I like to think that I am a like-able(sp?) person.:)

Celtinfj

MBTI Type
iNFj
I think I'm pretty boring externally, but internally I believe I'm quite a fascinating person. Of course this is the side that not many people are privy to. As for others, I find all people fascinating. Not always in speaking with them, that can sometimes get boring, but in watching them, particularly in an environment where they're not really aware that they're being watched, like a coffee shop. (No, not in a stalking way!)

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well by charms I really didn't mean me trying to seduce them or anything like that (I should have said personality), I like to think that I am a like-able(sp?) person.:)
I saw the likeability a bit with my ENFJ, people did tend to like him and such. I'd consider him to be a bit arrogant about such, but then he just dumped me. :( So I am probably a bit biased about such.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
In discussing non-INTPs over at that other board, one poster commented that he found NFs kind of dull.

I can see why this statement is made, some NFs will never do anything that rocks the boat or take a controversial position to avoid offending others.

I don't agree with this, I find other aspects of NFs very interesting.

But I wonder, do you view yourself as boring? Non-NFs, do you find NFs boring?

Not to poke at a dead thread but I feel a need to say hell no!

My goodness, you must not have been thinking about ENFX when you asked that. I can't believe anyone would think the typical ENFP is boring.

Uncontroversial? HA HA HA HA. Remember the NF Crusaders, MacGuffin, crusaders.

And no, I did not bother reading through pages 2-11.

:harhar:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
What? Me boring?

*shrugging shoulders* Personally, I don't think I am boring. I can, however, talk my boyfriend to sleep over the phone. (He's so sweet; he says it's because my voice is so soothing and hypnotic, I lull him to sleep.) He's good, isn't he? :rofl1:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Regarding the statement about NFs not rocking the boat, there are instances where conflict is boring to me. It is those times when you are forced to think, "here we go again." What many people find stimulating, I find boring in the same way a fire alarm is boring, or the constant ringing of a phone. Predictable intrusions are really bleh to me. Actual controversy, not just for the sake of it, can be rather interesting. My perspective on keeping things "pleasant" is a kind of emotional efficiency. In the way an INTJ prefers efficient technical systems, I prefer efficient subjective systems including emotional ones. It's close to how wild animals function. They conserve energy in ways that could appear mundane. They do this so they have the reserves to meet the real challenges with all their ferocity.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just finally noticed the name of this sector (to use SW phrasing): The NF Idyllic

I can see how that image is a bit dull.

I'm so boring, I cause people to see through time. Hideously, preposterously, eye-rolling, brain-death-inducing DULL. I make a grey world greyer, I make the demotivated even more disenfranchised. My personal color at the make-up counter: putty.

Bland bland bland. Like a Lutheran potluck. :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Regarding the statement about NFs not rocking the boat, there are instances where conflict is boring to me...Actual controversy, not just for the sake of it, can be rather interesting...They do this so they have the reserves to meet the real challenges with all their ferocity.

:nice:

Well said!

And Pink Piranha, no fair! You get to have all the fun in your answers! :pout:

And there really are make-up colors called 'putty'. :happy2:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:nice:

Well said!

And Pink Piranha, no fair! You get to have all the fun in your answers! :pout:

And there really are make-up colors called 'putty'. :happy2:

I should know -- when the Lancome lady told me, she immediately began weeping to relieve the intense energy-draining boredom malaise settling over her.

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
I dont think I'm boring at all. If I were I dont think I'd have so many friends. I mean I probably am a bit dull around people I'm not comfertable with, I really have nothing to say to them and I am quite repetitive. (Which isn't really something I mean to do) But I would understand why that wouldn't be fun, and can be somewhat annoying. But other than those little situations, I wouldn't put myself in the boring category.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This also really depends on your definition of "boring".
For instance, a lot of people seem to define sensationalism as being exciting and entertaining, but I don't.

I find fascination to be a much more important factor in deciding whether or not something is entertaining. NF's can be very fascinating, so in that regard, I would not say they are boring at all.

...as of late, I've been unable to use the word "fascination" and not think of the Bowie song...

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
This also really depends on your definition of "boring".
For instance, a lot of people seem to define sensationalism as being exciting and entertaining, but I don't.
Agreed!

I find fascination to be a much more important factor in deciding whether or not something is entertaining. NF's can be very fascinating, so in that regard, I would not say they are boring at all.
That's so nice to hear! I've been told that, but I wonder sometimes...

...as of late, I've been unable to use the word "fascination" and not think of the Bowie song...
Agreed! :headphne:

lazyhappy

I only know one NF but the one i know is far from boring.

she is halerious (sp -.-) when talking about dreams and her oppinions on the world is quite interesting. She is also really fun when tired (tho sometimes cranky (sry brit)). we be tired drunk buddehs! ye-ah! sry... um yeah, from my experience nf's arn't boring :D.