• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I feel NFs (ENFs?) are the exact anti-boring.
I've had people walk up to me and just go "entertain me" in a joking manner just because they're so used to me being funny or keeping conversations going (eliminating their boredom), not realizing that I'm not a damn puppet and the humor or inspiration for great conversation doesn't act on command and that it just has to flow naturally, which it does with no problem given almost any circumstance.

G

Glycerine

Sometimes I can be "boring" like the girl quietly sitting in the corner at a big social event but I also can be the unintentional class clown.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. At least I think so, given that I'm prone to daydreaming. Not exactly exciting.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
YES especially to ESXPs and SJs I think. I've been told I'm really boring a few times. :(

I'm really exciting... inside ?

sade

YES especially to ESXPs and SJs I think. I've been told I'm really boring a few times. :(

I'm really exciting... inside ?

Oh, you voiced the subject that made me say not that boring.
I've never been told that I'm boring (I've only been told that I'm strange, hard to understand and too silent.), but I can sense it coming sometimes.

They don't know what they're missing on. ;)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I feel NFs (ENFs?) are the exact anti-boring.
I've had people walk up to me and just go "entertain me" in a joking manner just because they're so used to me being funny or keeping conversations going (eliminating their boredom), not realizing that I'm not a damn puppet and the humor or inspiration for great conversation doesn't act on command and that it just has to flow naturally, which it does with no problem given almost any circumstance.

Spot-on, Evan! And the "Waaaa I'm bored, entertain me" crap pisses me off too...

So the answer is no. Even when depressed and silent, people say I give off vibes that make them uneasy somehow (ie. not boring). I'm telling you, ENFPs are too gosh darn intense to be boring...

btw, I would guess that INFxs are better at keeping things on the inside, so they may appear boring to those unaware of the intensity below the surface.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
Well I have never been called boring or anything remotely close. Infact I been told that I am funny when I am arguing with someone else. Weird huh?

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Well I have never been called boring or anything remotely close. Infact I been told that I am funny when I am arguing with someone else. Weird huh?

:D I get that too when I'm pissed...I think that's just them making fun of us in a way...or maybe I'm paranoid. It kinda makes me think of the boy teases girl to make her angry for the fun of it scheme...and I'm so damn defensive it works like a charm.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
btw, I would guess that INFxs are better at keeping things on the inside, so they may appear boring to those unaware of the intensity below the surface.

Like superheated water
[youtube=ZAqqpDF4bVw]btw, thats just sugar they're adding[/youtube]

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think it all depends on what your type of fun is. One person's dullness may be another person's lively afternoon. We all have different ways to enjoy ourselves.

mshl

MBTI Type
ENFP
it depends on my mood. on my 'up' days, i am incredibly hyper and fun to be around

on my blah days, i just don't say anything, so yeah, i'm pretty boring lol

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if this is related to being NF or not, but I've thought about it and in a way I probably am boring. I tend to deflate drama, the people who have lived with me can verify that I don't argue. I've been told I am less conflict oriented than anyone else close friends of mine have met, and I will tend to stay friends with someone (especially a close friend or family) even after they rage at me or do something really unexpected (although i really prefer they don't). I like things simple with interrelationships because I know how complicated people are inside. I feel close and detached at the same time.

The downside to this is that I don't elicit as much emotional response as someone who is moody or distant in a way that suggests rejection and acceptance in a natural ebb and flow. My natural state is not one in which I stir anyone up, so in some relationships that can be unchallenging to the point of boredom. I think some friendships need a little uncertainty or shifts in moods to shakes things up and keep things alive, but I am not able to function that way.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...i never!!
haha...uh...no ...i don't know about anybody else but i can have fun anywhere...anytime...all by my lil self if i have to...traffic...f*ck it lets dance
the sj's i know are way more boring... imo...they're just wound so tight

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
In discussing non-INTPs over at that other board, one poster commented that he found NFs kind of dull.

I can see why this statement is made, some NFs will never do anything that rocks the boat or take a controversial position to avoid offending others.

I don't agree with this, I find other aspects of NFs very interesting.

But I wonder, do you view yourself as boring? Non-NFs, do you find NFs boring?

I'm boring. I even bore myself.

cherchair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
NFs: are you boring?

I am similar to Haight with this, in that "boring" = "predictable." The people who make me laugh the most are the ones who surprise me.

Also, I get a real thrill when I see someone acting most like "themselves" -- when someone does something that seems more "them" or indicative of their personality or character. (The notion of being "true to oneself"?) I guess another way to say it is authenticity: When someone is authentic, I don't find them boring at all.

In any case, I really cannot categorize a whole group of people as boring. Each individual is different, regardless of general type, and I take each one on his or her own terms.

Very well said, as usual.:hi:

I consider myself to be neither bored nor boring. While a deep emotional conflict with a loved one can make me physically ill, I have no problem with controversial discussions and can even wax quite passionate on certain topics. People I respect aren't so fragile they can't take my disagreeing with them.:)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I've only been bored, really painfully, once in the last twenty or so years. That was an obligatory insurance sponsored two night class on auto safety. Oh lord.

Always have something interesting going on.

In my book it is people who mope around saying they're bored that are boring!

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm possibly an INFJ, and I think I'm personally somewhat boring. I don't think NFs in general are necessarily boring, but I do have to admit that NTs seem to try and hoard a lot of the more interesting topics to themselves and leave everyone else with the boring, creepy stuff.

Considering what's left in imagination after the NTs have picked over it, you could hardly blame NFs if they were a little boring.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ bf judges: you're crazy, not boring. I agree :)