• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

heart

heart on fire
I wondered if the introverted NFs would define the question as to whether they found themselves boring as opposed to other people.

Nice dodges!

I have no problem admiting that many people find me boring and at times have not been shy at all in telling me so. My SP/SJ in-laws in fact have said that I am the most boring person they ever met. What is it to me? I am never bored so I see it as other people's problem, not mine. I am grateful that the leave me alone so I can focus on reading and thinking more and less on catering to their ridiculous egos and fancies. People tend to annoy me and try to avoid making deep contact with them if they do... which may very well explain why many of them find me boring.

I'm not drained by interacting with "boring" people. Actually, it's the "life of the party" types who drain me and I often find them boring.

I could not agree more.

heart

heart on fire
Hey, I did say to be fair that every ENFP and ENFJ I've known was great fun. It's just that some INF's I've known have been that way, the whole "if you haven't anything nice to say then don't say anything" vibe... gets annoying when you actually want to get to know someone - all of them, including their negative side. Or just to be able to judge for yourself what parts of them you consider negative - but they'll only share their fluffy side.

Like I said 'over there', it's not so much that I think the INFJ that I mentioned is actually boring - she has a personality alright, and she's intelligent - but God knows what it takes for her to actually feel like showing it!!

How old is this INF? I was like that around most everybody except my husband and father until my early 30s.

Cindyrella

MBTI Type
INFP
I would say according to my age group, my peers would consider me boring (non-drinker, non-smoker, non-partier). I know I put off a very muted, nondescript impression to strangers. I am not animated or lively unless I know someone well.

I don't consider myself boring though, because I can literally be alone all day and never feel bored.

Cindyrella

MBTI Type
INFP
Originally Posted by LadyInWaiting
I'm not drained by interacting with "boring" people. Actually, it's the "life of the party" types who drain me and I often find them boring.

I agree with this as well. People who make the most noise often have the emptiest minds. Highly energetic, loud, attention seeking individuals are like little yappy dogs in my opinion. I tune them out.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I agree with this as well. People who make the most noise often have the emptiest minds. Highly energetic, loud, attention seeking individuals are like little yappy dogs in my opinion. I tune them out.
Often, but not always!

The only people who have ever found me boring are people with empty heads (who I found far more boring than they found me).

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ha! Patchaow!

I don't think they're boring either. When you poke them with sticks. It's just a shame you have to do that to get them to be interesting. That's all I was saying... :D
oh, you are an entp. of course you think infj's are boring. it just makes sense. hate to say it but entp's are kind of loud and hog the conversation. I have a friend who is an entp. he is great. he is a comedian (so he's funny - ha, ha. that kinda goes with the territory) and he talks about himself, his ideas, etc. almost all the time. i cannot get a word in edgewise so i am sure if you asked him he would say i am boring. now my introverted friends who listen to me would tell you i am not boring in the slightest and that i am one of the most interesting people they have ever met. so, that's my two cents. maybe if you stop talking so much and give your infj friend some space she might just surprise you. look deeper.

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
ok, after all I have said to challenge you I just realized that I know some introverts (mostly INFP's) who I find totally boring for the very same reasons you gave...they don't bloody talk! I ask them questions, I share things with them, spend time with them, listen if they ever do talk but it's so much damn work and I usually do most or all of the talking since I cannot stand that much uncomfortable and awkward silence. But there are other INFP's, ENFP's and INFP's I know or have known where this is not the case at all. Even some ISTP's can be interesting to me. I can find almost anyone interesting depending on the situation. I don't find my ENTP friend boring as much as I find him to be selfish and arrogant. Can we start a thread called, are ENTP's arrogant? :D

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
There is no way I'm boring- I entertain myself thoroughly,lol!

To most people I seem like an extrovert- because I am very much a lively character. I love rocking the boat- and not just by way of words but by also expressing myself through clothing and any artistic venue. I don't like concensus mentalities- even if I agree with the mentality being presented- I like balance and full representation and inclusion of all sides.

I don't think NF's are boring- I think perhaps NF's don't let eveyone in on their thoughts and their jokes- there is a rich secret world going on and it is a emotional studio 54 where you have to be found worthy enough to be invited in,lol. I think if the NF is confident and passionate about a subject they are very interesting- it is a matter of them feeling accepted first perhaps. NF's might be more fun and interesting in person too where as I could see NT's being more interesting online. A lot of the entertainment of NF's is facial and body language- eyebrow raise of judgement a classic I like to sport,lol.

It is only in recent years that I have formed and have been openly shairng my opinions so I don't think that it was natural for me in the beginning.

I can entertain myself extremely easily- I can make myself laugh more than anyone else in the world,lol-and am interested in everything so if another person isn't so easliy interested in anything then I can imagine that they would perceive me as boring. I don't know if this is more because of my introversion though- finding mental/emotional stimulation from the inner self and all. I feel that that is one of my strengths- being able to be in any surrounding and entertain myself.

Plus I think thinkers will either find amusing or annoying but enterained nontheless at the emotional craziness and whimsy of the NF's. Not making sense can be quite mysterious and interesting.:)

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People seem to be complaining about people that don't talk or whatever. I'm perfectly fine with silence. When people start to find the silence awkward, I become amused and stare at them and make them uncomfortable. It's great fun. I don't need to talk to communicate feelings; only ideas. And sometimes, I'm just not in the mood to think. I like to relish in the silence and pure emotion that I often feel alone by myself, with a companion.

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
People seem to be complaining about people that don't talk or whatever. I'm perfectly fine with silence. When people start to find the silence awkward, I become amused and stare at them and make them uncomfortable. It's great fun. I don't need to talk to communicate feelings; only ideas. And sometimes, I'm just not in the mood to think. I like to relish in the silence and pure emotion that I often feel alone by myself, with a companion.
yes, I find this to be the case at times, with certain people.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I can be boring if I'm still in 'shy mode', but I'm actually very lively and goofy once you get to know me o.o

Sheila

MBTI Type
INFJ
NF's are you boring?

To most people I seem like an extrovert- because I am very much a lively character. I love rocking the boat- and not just by way of words but by also expressing myself through clothing and any artistic venue. I don't like concensus mentalities- even if I agree with the mentality being presented- I like balance and full representation and inclusion of all sides.

I don't think NF's are boring- I think perhaps NF's don't let eveyone in on their thoughts and their jokes- there is a rich secret world going on and it is a emotional studio 54 where you have to be found worthy enough to be invited in,lol. I think if the NF is confident and passionate about a subject they are very interesting- it is a matter of them feeling accepted first perhaps. NF's might be more fun and interesting in person too where as I could see NT's being more interesting online. A lot of the entertainment of NF's is facial and body language- eyebrow raise of judgement a classic I like to sport,lol.

It is only in recent years that I have formed and have been openly shairng my opinions so I don't think that it was natural for me in the beginning.

I can entertain myself extremely easily- I can make myself laugh more than anyone else in the world,lol-and am interested in everything so if another person isn't so easliy interested in anything then I can imagine that they would perceive me as boring. I don't know if this is more because of my introversion though- finding mental/emotional stimulation from the inner self and all. I feel that that is one of my strengths- being able to be in any surrounding and entertain myself.

Plus I think thinkers will either find amusing or annoying but enterained nontheless at the emotional craziness and whimsy of the NF's. Not making sense can be quite mysterious and interesting.:)

I've been reading posts here for the past few days to help figure out if I am really INFJ. I thought I might be an extrovert because I can be extremely outgoing with people I know well, and am generally very friendly and always smiling. When I read this I thought OMG, that's me!! A secret emotional studio 54...exactly!!! :smile: Thanks for the post, ladypinkington!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've been reading posts here for the past few days to help figure out if I am really INFJ. I thought I might be an extrovert because I can be extremely outgoing with people I know well, and am generally very friendly and always smiling. When I read this I thought OMG, that's me!! A secret emotional studio 54...exactly!!! :smile: Thanks for the post, ladypinkington!

Glad that it made sense to you and it just tcikles me that you "got" that and could relate-referring to the emotional studio 54 :) INFJ, Look inside your heart- you know it to be true,lol, JOIN US,lol.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
In the words of my friends "you are full of suprises".

I think people find me amusing when I'm in a good mood... a lot of people enjoy my humour, it seems. Other people like how I can seriously discuss things, too... but I hate parties and being surrounded by people, so people don't like me in those situations.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
NF's are spazzes...

The opposite of boring. Maybe that is just the 'E's, but NF's either make things happen or get other people to make things happen.

That's not boring!

Sahara

MBTI Type
INFP
Some people will find me boring and some won't, the ones that find me boring just don't get my jokes, or I am intentionally being cold and dull to make them leave me alone.

Then again it would depend what you mean by boring, boring in that I really have nothing new to relay about my life, then yes, the best I can do is tell someone about a new book I read, something new I discovered, some new dream or vision, I think an extravert may find me boring because I lead a boring life, but to anyone on my wavelength then no I am not boring.

I find some people boring too, people who can't laugh at the world or themselves, who can't let go, I find really dull.