• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

cheap

MBTI Type
F00D
I like the word boring. I tend to associate it with how beautiful sleep is, so it's never too insulting when someone calls me boring.

I usually have the droopy eyes going on. I don't know how much other INFJs relate to lethargy but I have an affinity for it... yay this reminds me of Ni fake sleeping.
infjs_mysterious3.jpg

I often respond "I'm tired" to "how are you" questions, so I can't be blamed for my lack of buoyant, jovial spontaneity. Like in this cartoon people come up to me, frown, then walk away.

But I must be cool.
I mean I bounce in dark corners. :wubbie:

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I have been named with lots of different names, like "Robot", "Assassin", "Block", "Pekka" (an old-fashioned Finnish male name [I'm not male :D]).

But I have never been told to be boring.

"You're weird."
"You're scary."
"Do you really always talk... like this?"
"You're an interesting person."
"You're funny."
"You're stupid."
"Are you living inside a hyperidealistic bubble or something?!"
"Are you serious?!"
"Seems it's never boring with you."
"You're silly."
"I think I like you."
"WHAT?!"

These are common things I hear from people that don't know me that well.

I guess I'm mainly strange :D

Last edited:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
“She covered her face with powder and paint because she didn’t need it and she refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn’t boring. She was conscious that the things she did were the things she had always wanted to do.” Zelda Fitzgerald

I abhor the word "boring", but to answer your question, no I am not. :smile:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
NF's are my best friends ever!

Once you know how to tickle or entertain them, they are the most "un-boring" creatures...

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lol, no.

Kind of like Leysing, I've been accused of many things, but *never* that of being boring. In fact I would go as far as to say, that in general, most people find me...exciting!!! :shock:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Old thread is old.

But to answer the question, yes. I am much more excitable than I am exciting.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
I've been around for some time but never had an account.

i find the most useful thing about having an account is the site remembering which threads you've read as i usually visit this site from work and home.

but back to the topic, i agree w/ the poster who said NFs are *not* boring... especially once you learn how to press their buttons, so to speak :hug:

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I am a very interesting person, but my interests are esoteric that I understand why many would see me as boring. I personally don't find NTs dull, but it's understandable why they wouldn't find me interesting. It probably just depends on the person's definition of boring. I prefer excitement in very small quantities. In fact, an enjoyable life to me doesn't consist of traveling around the world but rather having a comfortable home waiting for me at the end of the day, living with someone I love, and making sure ever moment of my life counts. I find people who are always on the lookout for any kind of instant gratification boring; for example, someone who can't stand movies with thick and elaborate plots and would rather get the instant gratification offered by an adventure or slasher movie. I value depth of breadth by far.

I might be boring but I can't remember the last time I was bored. I always find something interesting to think about or do quietly by myself. I think sometimes people don't understand that I am not always in the mood to be "entertained" by others and would like to be able to sit by myself without being interrupted. I like to sit in the lobby at my Res Hall and do my homework, but I can rarely do it because some many people come up and talk to me.

I've been told I was boring due to my passive nature. I don't like to argue or debate; there's no point to me. I would rather be informed about someone's view and not attacked. I love to listen to people's thoughts and beliefs, but I don't like it when they remain close minded to other possibilities. If you are going to tell me your view you should be polite and listen to mine too. Debating is a win/lose situation and having a discussion is a win/win situation.

I think what bothers people the most about me (and possibly many other INFJs) is that socially I am available and fun to be around, but when these same people want to go to dancing or to a big party I really have no wish to participate. Tons of people I don't know? Loud music? Drunk people stumbling around? Not my idea of fun in any way. I am always within reach but never available.

All-in-all, I find other NFs very exciting to be around. I don't think they are boring people.

And just for the record, I like WWF, but not as much as I like watching Muay Thai.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A Dylan Thomas quote :

" Someone is boring me, i think its me "

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I would vote ENFPs as one of the types that are most easily bored, lol.

Butterfly

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, since they share the dominant Ne with us, that makes sense! :whistling:

Pardon my ignorance about this, but what does Ne gotta do with it? I mean how does it actually work in relation to boredom? thanks :)