• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

Cordiform

MBTI Type
INFP
No. I'm the entertainment wherever I go.

Unless I'm hiding in the darkest corner of the room, watching everyone and fearfully wringing my hands.

If I'm not making you laugh ... why am I talking to you?

:bananallama:

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
My Dad thought I was one dimensional.

An ex of mine told me point blank he was "bored with me" at one point. (OUCH.) But someone else told me I'm one of the most interesting people he knows.

I don't think I'm boring at all. It's just that Introversion acting up and making me too reserved. I tend to only talk if it's already a topic, or if it's useful, and I'm not a risk taker at all. Plus I feel very uncomfortable with attention, so I don't attempt to gain it or put myself out there.

Though I do tend to be able to make my friends laugh. If for no other reason than my ditziness or.. how much they think my serious opinions or random thoughts are funny. :)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
In discussing non-INTPs over at that other board, one poster commented that he found NFs kind of dull.

I can see why this statement is made, some NFs will never do anything that rocks the boat or take a controversial position to avoid offending others.

I don't agree with this, I find other aspects of NFs very interesting.

But I wonder, do you view yourself as boring? Non-NFs, do you find NFs boring?

I'm not boring (at least I don't think I'm boring :D) but currently I'm really bored. :sleeping: Reason: too quiet, too few people and too little action compared to my needs...

Last edited:

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Yeah. I feel boring when I don't have any people around me. Like, omg, what do I do all day?

But bring on the people, and :party2:!

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
My social skills start shrinking when I'm by myself too much. I like my alone time and the freedom it gives me. But after a while I realize uh-oh, I'm turning into a socially awkward hermit. And I'm bored. My whole personality gets more depressed, not that I get depressed per sae, but I get quieter, energy levels lowers, I take longer to respond to things, I get really really toned down and more in my head. I probably dump the first person I hang out with with all this crazy energy and disconnected nonlinear talk until I sort out my levels. I also start getting less agressive/assertive, which is not good if you live in the city. It takes me longer to register when a stranger is talking to me and longer to figure out a response.

Tsk, tsk.

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
It all starts with what your type considers as boring.
I know many E's for instance who bore me to death, cause all they EVER want to do is party. I don't know about other INFJ's, but I'm interested in just about everything, and I can talk about any subject (from soccer to quantummechanics), and have fun with it. But I can imagine I'm boring for some people, simply cause I don't dance.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I think I'm pretty guarded which turns out to be boring at times. I've made the occasional off-color (for me) joke and surprised a lot of people who thought I had no edge at all.
The heaven's vaults crack from time to time.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
It's funny that some of you say that you get "bored". I don't think I've ever been "bored" my whole entire life. So many things interest me...

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
It's funny that some of you say that you get "bored". I don't think I've ever been "bored" my whole entire life. So many things interest me...

I get bored all the time.
I need constantly new stimulus, new people, new things, new happenings, anything novel keeps me enthusiastic :party2:
... at least for a while and then when it gets routined, I get bored again. :sleeping:

I would never ever be satisfied with just the routine, actually I try to avoid anything that is routine. And that reminds me of one person that seems to love routine, one of my relatives. I have lots of trouble understanding her motivation in life. She is apparently ESxJ. Her world is full of routines and must be done-happenings. She is almost too responsible, always doing what should be done, always doing chores at home, always going around. She makes me mad sometimes just to watch her going around and doing things all the time. She never relaxes. But on the other hand.. her house is tidy, clean and orderly and mine is not... :D

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It only recently came to me that I must be less bored than most people in the world.
It's a weird feeling.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only NFs I find boring are the ones that lack reading comprehension skills.

shimsham

MBTI Type
infj
I'm only boring to boring people

I found this quote on some INFJ page, and I think it describes me to a tee:

In any situation with new people, I go through several now-familiar phases:

I am the stranger, the outsider who is Not To Be Trusted.

I am harmless, pass for tame, and probably dull.

I am more interesting than previously thought.

I am very interesting.

I am beyond interesting; I am weird. But in a good way.

I am even weirder than first believed, but immensely lovable and lots of fun.

Surprise! My good nature has limits. The awesome eruption was short-lived, though, and the apology and making-up came quickly on its heels. I am still lovable, but assertive when cornered.

I am still weird, still lovable, and rapidly becoming a repository of secrets, confessions, and core-dumps despite being a goofy oddity. Was there ever a time I wasn't one of the gang? Will there ever be a time when I truly will be one of the gang?

EDIT: I worry quite often that people do find me boring. I don't exactly consider myself to be boring, but I'm not much of one to strive to "prove" myself to new people in my life. So, many people don't get to know the half of what weird, quirky ideas are swirling around in my head.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see auntie CzeCze is on the prowl again...

Tucker

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmmm. I have to admit that the quote shimsham posted is very true for me. It was exactly like that upon meeting all of my close friends.
I don't consider myself boring. A passive and slightly convoluted I’ll admit, but not really boring. I find that I choose who considers me boring. If it is someone that I don't want to see what I'm like I put on the boring mask. My eyes dim a little, my expression becomes passive, and my vocabulary becomes limited to “hi” “cool” “whatever” “wow” and “bye”.
It’s just some sort of defense that I tend to put up, and quite honestly, it works. If the person is shallow enough to think I’m boring they’ll leave me alone in pursuit of someone more interesting. If they actually try to initiate a friendship they get rewarded with pieces of who I am when I trust them.

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmmm. I have to admit that the quote shimsham posted is very true for me. It was exactly like that upon meeting all of my close friends.
I don't consider myself boring. A passive and slightly convoluted I’ll admit, but not really boring. I find that I choose who considers me boring. If it is someone that I don't want to see what I'm like I put on the boring mask. My eyes dim a little, my expression becomes passive, and my vocabulary becomes limited to “hi” “cool” “whatever” “wow” and “bye”.
It’s just some sort of defense that I tend to put up, and quite honestly, it works. If the person is shallow enough to think I’m boring they’ll leave me alone in pursuit of someone more interesting. If they actually try to initiate a friendship they get rewarded with pieces of who I am when I trust them.
First post! Howdy, Tucker! :hi:

Last edited:

Tucker

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hey. thanks for the welcome. I've been around for some time but never had an account. Eventually I got tired of just reading. So....here I am.
Actually, I got tired of listening to my family. In the eyes of the 1st and 2nd generation Lebanese immigrants online communication = rape or death. but most likely both of those. They tell me that about everything though, so it becomes less threatening. Date = rape, Failure = death, Apocalypse = death, Any-article-of-clothing-shorter-than-knee-length = rape. Seeing as posting on forums has managed to embody both of these punishments it isn't thought very highly of.
Regardless, thank you again for the welcome.