• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs: are you boring?

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
I can be extremely boring in boring company. I'll hate every minute of it, but usually don't seem to be able to be entertaining, funny and interesting without a playmate. Something about needing input in order to create humor and knowing that if my joke doesn't go all the way, the playmate will carry it to it's hillarious destination (or if he/she fails, I've gotten the extra second or two to think and can now pick it up again and take it in a new silly direction.)

I guess it's because I'm introverted and don't want or am able to carry an entire talk show myself.

That said, I'm rather good at creating plamates out of people who normally seem to prefer to be boring, but who have a silly side deep in them. Even some SJs can be made funny playmates if I just nudge them the right way (but it normally takes too much energy for me to try it unless I'm desperate.)

Edit: Ah, but in general on internet forums, I normally find NTs much funnier and less boring than NFs. That said, it's more about individuals than about type. 2/3 of the NTs on INTPc are extremely boring (sure they have potential, but don't use it), while prols non's like Ivy forces all kinds of beverages out through my nose. And people like Kuranes and Jen could never be boring even if they didn't make a single joke, so it's not just about humor.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't really think anyone is boring..they can only BE boring.

Haha. I think you mean "...they can only have boring actions."

[pedantic] Is is merely the present tense form of the verb to be in the second person singular, so there's not really a distinction in their definitions. [/pedantic] :alttongue:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha. I think you mean "...they can only have boring actions."

[pedantic] Is is merely the present tense form of the verb to be in the second person singular, so there's not really a distinction in their definitions. [/pedantic] :alttongue:

Better watch it, or someone's going to knock you off that pedastool!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Or even that pedestal.

<call Pedants Anonymous now, it doesn't have to be this way>

I still like the way Niffer said it better though.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ

I set it up for you to say that :smile:

edit: substitute, MacG was making fun of me because I spelled it that way in a post recently.

C.J.Woolf

respect the brick
MBTI Type
INTP
edit: substitute, MacG was making fun of me because I spelled it that way in a post recently.
I just want to mention that at least three others (including myself) considered posting a joke on "pedastool", but only Mac actually did it 'cause Mac's that way ya know.

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
I confess: I'm a snob.

Sometimes I intentionally hide my more interesting and intelligent thoughts in order to appear boring to someone because I don't find the person worth the effort. I just want that person to go away, and I figure the best way to do that is to bore them as much as they're boring me. I kind of like being able to control whether someone thinks me interesting or boring. I save my "real self" for people I value.

Of course, my "real self" might be just as boring to some people--but I'm speaking specifically to an INFJ's possible tendency to hide or misrepresent herself.
I don't think you're boring ^_^

On a bigger side-note, sometimes I'm really interested in those really boring people, to see what lies beyond that etc : )

lol I love how so many people responded immediately to this thread. Make a similar thread like "Why are INTJs not prone to using logic" and you're sure to have just as many respond in defence as well :p

Dom

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't think anyone would describe me as boring.

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just want to mention that at least three others (including myself) considered posting a joke on "pedastool", but only Mac actually did it 'cause Mac's that way ya know.

Okay, you all get smileys too:

:smile:

J1129

MBTI Type
INFJ
Some people might describe me as boring, for being an Introverted NF. I've thought of myself as boring in the past when compared to the lives of Es with tons of friends & activities & interests because my friends, activities, & interests are less in number but I'm very dedicated to them. It's weird, but when I like something, I become somewhat obsessed with it. It's happened to me for my entire life, & I'll go deeper & deeper into it, whatever it may be.

But personally I find NFs interesting because of our more positive & optimistic look on life that some consider child-like & gives us a great sense of wonder. I have always been an optimistic person because I always believe that things will out for the better in the end, whether you learn something new or succeed at something, no matter what it is.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i'm not boring:( why would you think that:cry:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NFs are wildly imaginative, so you may think they're boring, but if you even had the slightest peek inside their heads.... :happy2:

Trust me on this one.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i'm not boring:( why would you think that:cry:
Don't worry. They just had a little confusion between the words "accommodating" and "boring." The difference was too subtle for them.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
NFs are wildly imaginative, so you may think they're boring, but if you even had the slightest peek inside their heads.... :happy2:

Trust me on this one.

Yeah, my INFJ friend is very intriguing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
People who aren't my friends, think I'm boring. But if I've opened up to you. You'll realize I'm not boring.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't view myself as boring in the way most people consider boring, as in being a loner type and not a social butterfly, so I guess instead of "fun", I'd consider myself "interesting" instead of boring. As in being an abstract thinker, unique ideas, etc.

How many get to see that part?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are people who call me interesting, but I find myself bored more than boring.