• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Eye Contact...can "depth" be inferred?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Do you think any conclusions can be drawn from how someone you know responds to locking eyes?
Depth? I seriously doubt it. If she's locking eyes with you, all you can really be sure of is that she doesn't find you repulsive.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Depth? I seriously doubt it. If she's locking eyes with you, all you can really be sure of is that she doesn't find you repulsive.

or maybe she does but so much so that she's in awe of your repulsiveness.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a really hard time keeping eye contact.
I feel like my thoughts get distracted when I look people in the eyes, when I look away I'm more capable of listening and processing the things that are being said.

i have a hard time looking people in the eye as well.

when i find myself looking another guy in the eyes, i feel like i must be projecting this ENTJ assertive asshole coldness (im actaully not, but i just feel that way lol)

and when i look a girl in the eyes...inner monologue: "well shes not looking me back in the eyes...i wonder if i should ke---oh shit! shes returning eye contact, im not sure if i can sustain this! too revealing!!!" :shock::doh:

:D

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think it can be a pretty big sign of attraction basically just based on the frequency and how long they hold it. I know with a lot of the girls that have had crushes on me I could tell by the sparkle in their eye and also how they seemed totally focused on me while also having a little submissive smile on them.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh crap... she saw me.... quickly pretend you were just turning your neck to look at something to the left... good, she'll never suspect a thing...

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I can tell a lot of shit from people's eyes, but I think I'm a fantastic reader, too.

- Evil (also in posture and gaze)
- Calmness (shape, pupil size) and excitement
- Attraction (shape, other body language indicators)
- Depth, history of suffering (can't explain this)
- Sadness (sometimes)
- Asian-ness (heh)

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
80% of communication is supposed to be non-verbal so it's theoretically possible to read someone's eyes but often I find that people tend to project as well as listen. The probability of them finding what they're looking for seems increased.

Oh and I tend to find that a whole hell of a lot of this reading of subtle nuances like eyes and posture is very much hinged on the receivers interpretation. Having stared into a girl's eyes, who was trying to convince me to ask her out, and concluded that she found my humour and thinking interesting... it's very much a guessing game in my experience.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Eyes are very expressive organs. I think they can tell a lot about the person. The eyelids, the pupils, the eyebrows and the position of eyeballs all tell something.

I like reading people's eyes. :D

Personally... I have been told that I have a "hypnotic", "piercing", even "frightening" gaze. :thelook:

Ada

MBTI Type
IntP
update? The question you should be asking is... are you interested in her? If so, ask her out... the worse she can say is "no". Seriously, is that so hard?