• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] telling Fi from Fe based on smile and eyes

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be curious to see some pictures - especially of Fi and Fe dominants' smiles.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Reading this thread, Mona Lisa reminds me of what is being discussed of Fi smiles.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd be curious to see some pictures - especially of Fi and Fe dominants' smiles.

I don't know if that is possible. Because context is a large part of it... and it's not a 2D thing, you need it anchored in time to pick up any vibe associated. :(

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know if that is possible. Because context is a large part of it... and it's not a 2D thing, you need it anchored in time to pick up any vibe associated. :(

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe some examples from movies would help?

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
i would put some up but in most of the pictures i have with my infp friend i am making silly faces... you could compare julia roberts with robin williams/jack black?

Julia roberts is much prettier than the others though so that may make some biases..

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know about smile and eyes but in my experience Fe feels warm and Fi doesn't feel that warm.-And I don't mean physically warm but mentally warm.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I giggle like a little child when I laugh. My family says I laugh the same way now as I did when I was three. In fact, my laugh is so crazy but infectious that it makes even the stodgiest guy with the biggest pole up his rear end laugh to spite himself. Hehehe :hug::blush:

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
it's just preference i suppose.. i've been told by several people that my whole self lights up when i smile

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i was going to post some pictures ,but i can't find any pictures that have me genuinely smiling, they are all forced smiles. hmph.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i was going to post some pictures ,but i can't find any pictures that have me genuinely smiling, they are all forced smiles. hmph.

it's tough for any INFP do artificially smile.

S

Stansmith

Fe formal smile

Barack-Hussein-Obama-Smiling.jpg

jon_hamm_smile_sexy_smile.jpg

Fi formal smile

James-Franco_7.jpg

tumblr_md9n12Fg9g1qbgn3lo1_500.jpg

I feel like Fi users can only smile with the whole face when they're genuinely happy, whereas Fe users can turn it on for the sake of a picture or the person they're communicating with. As a Fi user, I can't help but feel umm, "fraudulent" and tense when I fake a gummy-smile lol. I've noticed some xNTJs are really good at it though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i can't fake smile for shit.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, i think i smile with my mouth but my eyes stay serious/melancholic..

the main difference i see between Fi and Fe dom is the sadness in Fi eyes...there's always some pathos there...

PS: but this thread could benefit from the discussion on the INF-something thread...they had a cool website and all

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i smile with my eyes tho when it's for real. people comment on my sparkly happy/lovey eyes haha

oh but right...i know what you mean about the sad eyes tho...that never goes away. it's like super vulnerability.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't know what type justin is...never thought about it but he does have fi eyes. he's also got sxness going on too i think.

eta: sx/so isfp ?

S

Stansmith

i smile with my eyes tho when it's for real. people comment on my sparkly happy/lovey eyes haha

oh but right...i know what you mean about the sad eyes tho...that never goes away. it's like super vulnerability.

Yeah, when I laugh my face is loose as hell

S

Stansmith

Jay-Z's (ENTJ) smile and expressions strike me as more open than Fi-Dom/auxes, but still not as "selfless" as Fe-users. It's more devious and deceitful :D

jayz_shawn_carter_smile_black.jpg

Jay11.jpg

Alec Baldwin (ExTJ) is similar

alec-baldwin_l.jpg

alec-baldwin-smiles.jpg

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is an interesting idea. I think there might be some truth to this Fe/Fi thing and type of smile. I think ISFPs tend to communicate with their eyes for example. Fe dom or aux express emotions for a means/ends, so maybe they are a bit less genuine on average. I think all types can fake smiles though. Look at any person who is a dancer for example and they learn to do this.