• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] How to find a balance between Ne and Si?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"To those human beings who are of any concern to me I wish suffering, desolation, sickness, ill-treatment, indignities - I wish that they should not remain unfamiliar with profound self-contempt, the torture of self-mistrust, the wretchedness of the vanquished: I have no pity for them, because I wish them the only thing that can prove today whether one is worth anything or not - that one endures."

"You want, if possible - and there is no more insane "if possible" - to abolish suffering. And we? It really seems that we would rather have it higher and worse than ever. Well-being as you understand it - that is no goal, that seems to us an end, a state that soon makes man ridiculous and contemptible - that makes his destruction desirable. The discipline of suffering, of great suffering - do you not know that only this discipline has created all enhancements of man so far?"

"I do not point to the evil and pain of existence with the finger of reproach, but rather entertain the hope that life may one day become more evil and more full of suffering than it has ever been."

--Nietzsche

That is a step backwards for me…

I've long established that if there is no meaning, we have no reason to hurt each other and we should be kind to one another. We will be dust again, so why not help each other's level of happiness…

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

That is a step backwards for me…

I've long established that if there is no meaning, we have no reason to hurt each other and we should be kind to one another. We will be dust again, so why not help each other's level of happiness…

There's a reason why the experience of the orgasm is so short lived. Imagine if our early ancestors spent all their time lying around on the jungle floor, in a constant state of bliss, and not out hunting to satisfy their pain of hunger, or making fires to keep them warm? We'd get stomped out right away.

Suffering is good because it makes us strong.

You are alive because others suffered.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do community theater. Seriously. Keeps me more focused and in tune with my body in a healthy way, while still having some Ne breathing room.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do community theater. Seriously. Keeps me more focused and in tune with my body in a healthy way, while still having some Ne breathing room.

That sounds fun.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's true, that nothing is only bad and everything no matter how horrible it looks like, can lead us to develope and to be strong. If we'd be happy ever after, then we would lie in our garden of eden and without feeling any need to change and evolve. Without knowing pain, we wouldn't know pleasure and we would get bored after all. So pain is a part of pleasure...We are here to learn, develope and change and every little bad thing is a part of us becoming who we are.