• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Your Source of Crazy

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
...no that is not the title of a cheesy sci-fi film....it's referring to my BRAIN!

Ever find yourself driving down the road and totally come to yourself and realize that you not only passed up your turn, but actually forgot where you were going because you had a brilliant insight two miles into the trip and suddenly you were contemplating the whole meaning of human existence or get some amazing insight about something you didn't know you knew, like how to cure a disease or start a school or teach Tommy to read where everyone else has failed? Or maybe you don't even know where your thoughts were but you were onto something before that guy pulled out in front of you and nearly caused an accident?

Welcome to my head.

I get an idea stuck in my head and I just can't let go of it. I dig it to death and don't know why I keep digging! I waste time [according to all of the STJs in my life] on mountains of esoterically-minded stuff and philosophical ponderings. [My ESTJ aunt accuses me of playing. She has no concept of where those hair-brained ideas, sometimes brilliant insights, come from.] I stay up late digging into MBTI even though, for the most part, it has no "practical" purpose in my life, other than the fact that I've just got to get to the bottom of this thing. It nags at me like an eternal itch.

An idea will get stuck in my head and no matter what--I can't get away from it! It nags at my brain, driving me to just dig it to death, to get to the root of it, but when I get to the root of it, there is another root and sometimes, there is a whole network of roots underground, all running in different directions to support a single plant but I have to keep digging until I find the purpose of the plant and why it's so important that it has so many connected roots. [this is a metaphor, btw].

Maybe that is why martial arts appeals to me? Maybe it's because there is no end to the understanding. Maybe that is why cosmology appeals and spirituality. Maybe that is why genealogy appeals and astronomy and the theory of relativity and anything that requires me to continue digging. Who knows? But all these things are connected and while it seems to the observer like I'm going in a million directions, I'm really going in one. I'm constantly looking for that overall, purpose. I'm looking for the single source and even then, I must continue to dig at the source. [Scoot over [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] there can only be one...just had to mess with you. Call it comic relief. haha.]

It's a good thing I'm a little nuts or else this would have driven me crazy by now:)

So...everybody...what's your source of crazy?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe that's just being an Ni-dom.

I missed two different turn-offs last Friday on the way home from work. I was on the phone however.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are you even saying? This doesn't qualify as a question. I am the source of crazy!

Okay, well to get back on topic, I get very annoyed with societal needs that pull me away from exploring the more promising aspects of being.

And what actually drives me crazy is when I'm thinking a bunch of stuff through and can't crystallize it all into a solution. But I think that's a good thing, as it allows me to break my chains and fly into random directions everywhere!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm surprised that I'm saying this, but my crazy is trying to get what I want. I didn't realize how far I would go to do it. Or, maybe I did and that's why I cultivated a sense of apathy that I've been shedding.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sense of meaning for sure. Finding truth in life to create peace and understanding inside.

Looks like we're going crazy in the same direction, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]. Let me know if you ever need a lift!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe that's just being an Ni-dom.

I missed two different turn-offs last Friday on the way home from work. I was on the phone however.

Can we make that N-dom? :laugh:

I don't have a drivers license for this very reason. I'd be a menace on the road. And yes, every SJ I know looks at me like I'm either from another planet, or a waste of air for this very reason.

G

garbage

This clock. This damned clock. It ticks too much. Apparently I have an oversensitive, heightened sense of hearing, because nobody else seems to mind or even be able to hear it.

Is it The Telltale Clock?

Maybe, maybe not. It's probably just that it was a $3 clock from Target. I'm taking it off my wall and placing it in our office's communal donate pile. Someone with a crappy sense of hearing might benefit from it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] What you described is exactly me! I do it all the fucking time to the point I really think once it will make me crazy... I don't want to generalize, but I think when most of the people hear a thought, they maybe think about it for while and then move on, or do something else, but when I hear a thought, I have to think about it over and over again. Look at every different side of it, to the point of cemplete understanding, though I've never reached this point, or I've never been really satisfied with it. All the time I still feel like there has to be something I did not notice yet...Some other side I still did not discover. So I just dig and dig to deep until sometimes it really spread all over my mind and it makes me feel a bit crazy :D . The same with MBTI...I know so much about it, but I still dig and read and think...oh maybe I missed that, or maybe it is like that and I am never satisfied. I think so much about "meaning of existence", but to the point I can not stop and then I suddenly have these realization that just makes me stop and stare to the empty place and looking like a fool thinking...I just did it...I know what it is about! Sometimes it is really a bit wierd :D ...And then I realize I am at the class and I did not pay attention the whole class because my mind was suddenly too moved by a thought I heard in a documentary movie, I think the last one was: "Do we know what is this all about?" And this one sentence made me think and sit for about 2 hours absolutly not nocting anything around. And then my classmates are like: "Hey are you going to right this work we have to do till next week?" And I am like...Wait? What? What work? What did I miss? :D