• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Competence?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've noticed that a lot of times (most of the time) when I geniunely try to help, I either break something or make things worse. Is there something wrong with me?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Regardless, I tend to be very accident prone, and my clumsiness is a factor in things going so wrong all the time…

W

WALMART

I was waiting for a meeting earlier thinking about the subject. Without a doubt, I have forever had a paranoia built up around the possibilities of not performing. Environmental factors have HUGE pressures on me psychologically, like I have to embody the prime action in all I do or the outcome will be sub-optimal, causing me stress.

I think it might drive me towards competence, but I don't know. I planned on making a thread about it, there's another theme I want to explore.

For the record, my INFP friend is the clumsiest person I could imagine. Talkin' Mr. Magoo. My INFP sister isn't so bad, but competence is far removed from her values.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I've noticed that a lot of times (most of the time) when I geniunely try to help, I either break something or make things worse. Is there something wrong with me?

If your intentions are good and you genuinely try to help, then there is nothing "wrong" with you. You are probably being measured by or measuring yourself by someone else's measuring stick. Find your strengths and play up on them. Don't try to fit someone else's idea of what is "good" or "right" and I have found that we often tend to compare the worst in ourselves to the best in others. We will always come up short when we do that.

G

garbage

Do you have an example of where you've felt that way? That'd help us examine the "problem" in-depth.

Intentions are good. Discretion is also good.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This always happens to me...I sometimes feel I am just the most clusmy person in the world, or I just have such a bad luck :dry:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This always happens to me...I sometimes feel I am just the most clusmy person in the world, or I just have such a bad luck :dry:

Good to know.
My mother fusses about it sometimes, and I feel bad about it...

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good to know.
My mother fusses about it sometimes, and I feel bad about it...

Yeah I know that my mom bitches about it too :D ... I have an ENTP boyfriend and he said he had the exact same problem, but as soon as he learned how to more concentrate on the work he does and feels more resposnibility this is not a big problem for him anymore.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
OMG I just started volunteering at a hospital and the first day I spilled water EVERYWHERE. These sort of things are not isolated incidents.

So I feel you, [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION].

G

Glycerine

I was waiting for a meeting earlier thinking about the subject. Without a doubt, I have forever had a paranoia built up around the possibilities of not performing. Environmental factors have HUGE pressures on me psychologically, like I have to embody the prime action in all I do or the outcome will be sub-optimal, causing me stress.

I think it might drive me towards competence, but I don't know. I planned on making a thread about it, there's another theme I want to explore
That makes sense. Studies have shown that some stress/pressure can enhance overall performance (the extra jolt of adrenaline, I think) while too much stress can hinder performance. There is a fine line between sinking and swimming.