• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Too Fragile For Life

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can relate and it sucks. :hug: I suck at even taking care of myself a lot of the time. My words probably don't have much merit since I'm still just a college froshie but having a responsibility to take care of yourself, make and go to appointments, pay bills, actually pay attention to how much money is being spent, etc all sucks and makes life not as beautiful as we actually see it. Just keep reminding yourself you still have a lot to get from life and you're not gonna go down without a fight. There's plenty more of the world to be explored and much more from life to discover. There's endless possibilities awaiting in everyone's future so let that motivate you and inspire you to push through the obstacles life throws your way.

Edit: woop woop, 700th post.
I am sometimes too lazy to take a shower...money, bills? :unsure: run! run as fast as you can!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Yes why?

Someone something said that I liked is that we often compare our own "behind the scenes" to other people's "highlight reels" and it's just not analogous.

Ehh...I thought that was just regarding Facebook? I think people are a bit more transparent face to face, but there's still this barrier that everyone puts up. But then again, I suppose no one would ever have any fun if we all bitched and moaned continuously.

I was doing this weird thing the other day where I was really unhappy. I wasn't just angry or anxious or whatever. It was a terrible, somewhat dark and depressed mood. But when I was talking to other people, I was laughing and smiling like a madwoman. Talking to people usually makes me happier, but this was pretty crazy. I am normally not that excessively happy. And the second I would stop talking, I would feel like the largest pile of shit on the planet until I started talking again and went into crazy mode. I was in some type of really weird overcompensation/denial mode. What's weird is that I could feel it happening. Crazy happiness. Crazy sadness mixed with a bit of anger. Cycling back and forth.

Have you ever experienced anything like that?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is really my issue...I know I don't do much and others seem to do way more then me, but I feel like it's too much on me anyway. And then I usually feel super guilty about how lazy I am, but I am too lazy to do something about it..

Yes, the lazy-guilty loop. It's terrible. It's so good to read that so many are in the same boat as me. I know lots of SJs and they just seem to kick butt at doing things sometimes. It's just like ugh, whaaat? Can't we just chillll?

Ehh...I thought that was just regarding Facebook? I think people are a bit more transparent face to face, but there's still this barrier that everyone puts up. But then again, I suppose no one would ever have any fun if we all bitched and moaned continuously.

I was doing this weird thing the other day where I was really unhappy. I wasn't just angry or anxious or whatever. It was a terrible, somewhat dark and depressed mood. But when I was talking to other people, I was laughing and smiling like a madwoman. Talking to people usually makes me happier, but this was pretty crazy. I am normally not that excessively happy. And the second I would stop talking, I would feel like the largest pile of shit on the planet until I started talking again and went into crazy mode. I was in some type of really weird overcompensation/denial mode. What's weird is that I could feel it happening. Crazy happiness. Crazy sadness mixed with a bit of anger. Cycling back and forth.

Have you ever experienced anything like that?

*raises hand* yep!

i just like deal with feeling down that way. if i'm like at the point where i've exhausted myself and feel like i can't feel bad any more, it's usually cue mania for me. i just like start talkin to people, saying bizzarre jokes, laughing at the dumbest junk, etc. then i normally get some like broody music going right after that, to like soothe the yuck that's still in me. it's messed up. are you sure you're not a enneatype 7? lol.

/DG/

Yes, the lazy-guilty loop. It's terrible. It's so good to read that so many are in the same boat as me. I know lots of SJs and they just seem to kick butt at doing things sometimes. It's just like ugh, whaaat? Can't we just chillll?

*raises hand* yep!

i just like deal with feeling down that way. if i'm like at the point where i've exhausted myself and feel like i can't feel bad any more, it's usually cue mania for me. i just like start talkin to people, saying bizzarre jokes, laughing at the dumbest junk, etc. then i normally get some like broody music going right after that, to like soothe the yuck that's still in me. it's messed up. are you sure you're not a enneatype 7? lol.

Hellz yeah! I was about to put on some of my moody music right now.

Dunno if I am a 7, though. Is there a type for mildly fucked up?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate and it sucks. :hug: I suck at even taking care of myself a lot of the time. My words probably don't have much merit since I'm still just a college froshie but having a responsibility to take care of yourself, make and go to appointments, pay bills, actually pay attention to how much money is being spent, etc all sucks and makes life not as beautiful as we actually see it. Just keep reminding yourself you still have a lot to get from life and you're not gonna go down without a fight. There's plenty more of the world to be explored and much more from life to discover. There's endless possibilities awaiting in everyone's future so let that motivate you and inspire you to push through the obstacles life throws your way.

Edit: woop woop, 700th post.

Your words definitely have merit. This isn't a new struggle for me, and I was definitely aware of it when I was a college froshie and younger.

Exactly what you said about sucking at even taking care of yourself. I know that's a type thing, but it can just make you feel so inadequate sometimes. Like, if I can't even do basic self-care, how on earth am I supposed to tackle all of those responsibilities out *there*?!

Also, strongly agree at it kinda sucking the beauty or joy out of life. There's SO much amazing stuff out there to be seen and done, and I'm stuck trying to log into my car loan to pay my online bill and can't figure out why my routing number won't work and won't take my stupid money out of my stupid bank to pay for my stupid car. AGH!

And one final HECK YES at I will not go down without a fight. I don't care what happens, I'm here and I'm gonna do it. SI SE PUEDE!

:hug: thanks Chanaynay. You get it, dude.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hellz yeah! I was about to put on some of my moody music right now.

Dunno if I am a 7, though. Is there a type for mildly fucked up?

:headphne:

mmhmm just groove it out, sister.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm barely functional right now, but I went to the Halloween thing at my brother's church tonight in a costume, helped two of my kids with costumes, and acted fairly functional and upbeat for a couple of hours. I'm hoping it will have worn me out enough to sleep at night instead of the standard screwed up vampire schedule. That only seems to make it worse and it's really hard to fight. Bleh.

I don't feel particularly down in mood, just like I can't do anything.

Edit: I should probably write down what I actually do because it's not unlikely I'm doing stuff and just forgetting about it because my mind is stupid right now. Knowing that I am actually doing some stuff would probably make me feel better.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your words definitely have merit. This isn't a new struggle for me, and I was definitely aware of it when I was a college froshie and younger.

Haha okay. I was worried I might have gotten the typical "UR JUST A KID U CANT HAVE OPINIONS ABOUT REAL LYFE YET" response from someone! Not you, of course, I know you wouldn't do that. :)

Exactly what you said about sucking at even taking care of yourself. I know that's a type thing, but it can just make you feel so inadequate sometimes. Like, if I can't even do basic self-care, how on earth am I supposed to tackle all of those responsibilities out *there*?!

I know! I'm such a lazy bum. I'm aware I probably should do a lot of self-maintenance and check-ins with my other responsibilities but when there's something else I know I can be doing that sounds more appealing, I'm going to do that instead. And then it screws me over in the end but I never learn because I enjoyed myself more anyway. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to see myself as an adult, I'll always just consider myself a big kid. I mean, being an adult means being the one who has to get the wasp out of the room and I don't know if I'm prepared to do that. This also reminds me of my friend's vision about turning 20 next month:

Also, strongly agree at it kinda sucking the beauty or joy out of life. There's SO much amazing stuff out there to be seen and done, and I'm stuck trying to log into my car loan to pay my online bill and can't figure out why my routing number won't work and won't take my stupid money out of my stupid bank to pay for my stupid car. AGH!

It can be really frustrating. And then you wanna go up to the people who seem to be handling this stuff easily and be like "why are you okay with this?" "Doesn't this bore you?" "Do you even enjoy life anymore" You get the point. It's so disheartening and it can even get people as upbeat as us down in the dumps every now and again after enduring it for so long. But if we keep positive and hold onto our inner child then I'm sure we'll serve as reminders that there's still fun and excitement to pull from life for those who may have lost touch with their inner child.

And one final HECK YES at I will not go down without a fight. I don't care what happens, I'm here and I'm gonna do it. SI SE PUEDE!

:hug: thanks Chanaynay. You get it, dude.

Rock on girl! :rock:

ygolo

My termites win
Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?

I feel like that right now. I feel like that most days.

I dread becoming that crazy hobo yelling obscenities at people before freezing to death on the streets with nobody to care that I once existed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel like that right now. I feel like that most days.

I dread becoming that crazy hobo yelling obscenities at people before freezing to death on the streets with nobody to care that I once existed.

awww heartbreak! but also :laugh:

you guys can do it!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know with what kind of ideal you're comparing yourself to (@the OP). A large amount of people in the world work in completely dead-end jobs, barely manage to make ends meet, plenty of them are heavily indebted, divorced, sued for random reasons, fired, late for rent, have horrible bosses, are absued daily etc. so yeah.

W

WALMART

Beached whales

Poached snails

We as humans have the unique position of inquiry

:cry:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
See...I dunno. Whenever I see stuff like this on the Internet everyone relates. It seems like at least half of the population is like this, so why don't we let others know? Why do we all put on acts like everything is just fine?

Because the other half of the population is doing the stuff!

/DG/

Stupid question...but what do people mean when they tell you to take care of yourself? Are they just talking about things like eating, sleeping, and showering everyday, or is there something more.

Because the other half of the population is doing the stuff!
Sorry, what do you mean by this?

G

Ginkgo

I tend to blow things out of proportion, which leads to difficulties in handling the simpler problems of life. My instinct is to tackle big projects head on instead of working piecemeal, which becomes an obstacle in and of itself until I gain more momentum.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stupid question...but what do people mean when they tell you to take care of yourself? Are they just talking about things like eating, sleeping, and showering everyday, or is there something more.

That kinda stuff for sure. But also like taking time to reflect on how things effect me like emotionally, mentally, physically, however. And then like acknowledging those needs in myself and dealing with them like proactively instead of when I've neglected them for too long and find myself all outta whack.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That kinda stuff for sure. But also like taking time to reflect on how things effect me like emotionally, mentally, physically, however. And then like acknowledging those needs in myself and dealing with them like proactively instead of when I've neglected them for too long and find myself all outta whack.

Summed up my problem perfectly. :yes: Except the emotional part - when something affects me emotionally I'm immediately aware of it and don't need to reflect on it. It's taking the time to figure out how to deal with it that's the problem because in that time the problem continues to fester.

G

Glycerine

Yes. I want to crawl up in a hole and just die. :D
/NF melodrama