• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Too Fragile For Life

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While I can be oversensitive sometimes, I'd say my issue more is that I'm not serious enough. I aspire to be a jester, a Doc Brown, maybe a Yoda, but I seem to need stability that doesn't really come with those things. I retreat from chaos, rather than embrace it. Perhaps I could train myself to embrace it, though, and maybe even create order out of it.

YES! Embrace the zane! Let me know if you find a path to professional zaniness. I'll take notes diligently.

I've always thought "absent-minded professor" might suit me well. Like, oops! all your papers have coffee stains on them, are 3 weeks late, and have like sporadic crazy comments on them, but my passion is palpable in lecture :D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EXACTLY. This paragraph you have just written demonstrates an escape from the heteronormative time and space continuum that we all been made to internalize, as we discussed in my philosophy classes. Before many inventions of modern times (including our economic system), our lives were not defined around our education, trade, and salaries, as they now are. Think about what people have been valued for in other ages of the world. It's so interesting, though, that most people don't think to or aren't able to define that for themselves and simply have to accept what they are taught is valuable and what is not. Especially when most of it is so twisted.

I can't tell you how much I think about this, Honor. It doesn't have to be this way. I just need to find a way to work within this system in a way that works for me. I'm better now than I was. And I'm still young and figuring it all out. I know I'll find my niche. I won't stop fighting til I do. Lol, and until then I'll post self-pity threads on forums hahaha! Thanks girl.

I feel that way all the time or I did when I let myself. It only made it worse, so now I just do the best I can and cover the necessities and if I don't get everything done that other people seem to be doing, well, I have a peaceful life and that's worth something. Most of that shit isn't going anywhere, anyway. It'll all be there waiting when I feel up to dealing with it.

Cafe, you have a way of making me feel like I can do it. Thanks for reminding me again that sometimes the bare minimum is juuuust fine lol.

baccheion

Goals, dreams, vision, systems, support networks, exercise, supplements, and faith helps.

If anything I'm to do is to endure for any stretch of time, then I have to cut through the BS and reduce it to a simple repeatable system. If I'm to not get stuck, I have to constantly dream and use those dreams/visions to set goals (a direction, a strategy, a way, etc). I never directly go after goals, I just always have them, and remind myself what they are. Keeps me on track, and if I have free time and I'm fully loaded up with them, then I know exactly what to do. Whenever I get an opportunity I set myself up to continue as I have been. When I get overwhelmed, I sleep on things. That is, I always try to ensure that as many things as possible aren't urgent so I can push them off. Then when I get overloaded, I just stall, go to bed, then wake up the next day clear on what I need to do. As far as keeping up momentum, I have problems gaining it, so what I do is never let it go once I have it.

Oh, and the best trick is to minimize/eliminate aggressively any obligations. Judgers guard their time, etc with jealousy, and in just the same way perceivers need to learn to guard their freedom, while still making room for what matters.

Life is not about being burdened with obligations that the status quo think you should be bothered with, it's about doing what you need to do, playing to your strengths, etc. Life can get to be a burden sometimes, but it shouldn't always be; it should be enjoyable.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Goals, dreams, vision, systems, support networks, exercise, supplements, and faith helps. If anything I'm to do is to endure for any stretch of time, then I have to cut through the BS and reduce it to a simple repeatable system. If I'm to not get stuck, I have to constantly dream and use those dreams/visions to set goals. I never directly go after goals, I just always have them, and constantly look at them. Keeps me on track, and if I have downtime and I'm fully loaded up with them, then I know exactly what to do. Whenever I get an opportunity I set myself up to continue as I have been. As far as keeping up momentum, I have problems gaining it, so what I do is never let it go once I have it.

Oh, and the best trick is to minimize/eliminate aggressively any obligations. Judgers guard their time, etc with jealousy, and in just the same way perceivers need to learn to guard their freedom, while still making room for what matters.

bingo bango! this is golden. the rest was really good too. i like what you said about having goals but not like directly going after them. i do that and it helps a lot. :hifive:

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
Aw I for sure relate. That ISTJ doesn't get it man. He's wired for that kinda stuff. I don't have kids yet, and am reeeeally afraid to because of exactly what you said. I really feel like I'm just way too big of a pussy for that! I also *hate* the feeling of like needing others and relying on them, so I get your dilemma. I mean I think I could do real life, like part time. But this full time business is just too much!
Luckily ISTJ doesn't have to get it. Him advocating the voice of reality is exactly what i need to hear from him.

You on the other hand, discovering common ground to stand on and share with another is a comfort :hug: It's definitely a struggle, and the world keeps on turning. Oh dear god I feel dizzy at the thought of it- lol.

Wanna run away to Never Never Land? I'm thinking about getting a time share.

As a matter of fact, I do!

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I can't tell you how much I think about this, Honor. It doesn't have to be this way. I just need to find a way to work within this system in a way that works for me. I'm better now than I was. And I'm still young and figuring it all out. I know I'll find my niche. I won't stop fighting til I do. Lol, and until then I'll post self-pity threads on forums hahaha! Thanks girl.
Hey girl, read my blog for good examples of that. Haha! It doesn't matter. We all need a place to vent.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YES. I constantly feel like there are a million reasons I can't do the amount of work other people can do, like I get tired when I study, I can't focus, I need a lot of sleep, I daydream too much, I have too many interests, whatever.

EXACTLY. This paragraph you have just written demonstrates an escape from the heteronormative time and space continuum that we all been made to internalize, as we discussed in my philosophy classes. Before many inventions of modern times (including our economic system), our lives were not defined around our education, trade, and salaries, as they now are. Think about what people have been valued for in other ages of the world. It's so interesting, though, that most people don't think to or aren't able to define that for themselves and simply have to accept what they are taught is valuable and what is not. Especially when most of it is so twisted.
[MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]
Yes, this is so true! In an age where things are becoming increasingly mechanized, humans have to become mechanized too in order to adapt. Except that we're not machines, we're humans. So the fact that we're not good at being machines probably means we're good at being humans. :)

gromit

likes this
Yeah similar to what others have said, you just have to prioritize what is important and try not to compare yourself to others. It's fine if they wanna do 10 million things, you do what you need to do and what you want to do and be ok with that. I have realized that I HATE being busy, I like having stuff to do, but that includes free and unstructured time. Sometimes that means I'm not getting anything "accomplished" but maybe I like it that way, ok?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
me and i'm reminded of this song

I have no clue because I don't see the connection between what you're talking about and the song

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh absolutely! It makes me feel better that my mom and boyfriend both talk about it with me, too. We all agree that we just don't have enough resources to make everything happen that we want. And I don't mean money even as much as simply time and energy. I was super super anxious about it for a while but I feel like I've kind of started to let go of it and just be proud of whatever I am accomplishing.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought I could do it all until I essentially had a nervous breakdown. What a wake up call. Now I make less money and do less work but I prioritize my family first and my sanity. Doing everything else is secondary.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought I could do it all until I essentially had a nervous breakdown. What a wake up call. Now I make less money and do less work but I prioritize my family first and my sanity. Doing everything else is secondary.

Totally see myself taking that route too. I was nervous about like supporting myself and wanted a job that paid well, but it's just not worth it. Thanks for sharin the ENFP wisdom sista!

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally see myself taking that route too. I was nervous about like supporting myself and wanted a job that paid well, but it's just not worth it. Thanks for sharin the ENFP wisdom sista!

I still stress about money arrrrgh. But I focused on career for SOOO long. Sick of the fakey people and the rat race. I have sacrificed material things- but honestly- my peace of mind and being able to be there for my children at the drop of a hat (which it seems there is always something I'm needed for there) is more impt. Follow your heart- and remember- it's OK to take care of yourself!!

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't say I'm "too fragile", but maybe "too lazy". It's hard for me to tell. I've been chronically ill for a number of years and it's getting to the point that I can't remember the way that I used to be. But I think so. I seem to remember having always had a problem with inertia.

I think the Responsibility Chart posted by [MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] covers it all. At least as far as domestic labor and other boring stuff go (I'm remotely competent at work).

momoness

It IS a hard life, so please don't knock yourself for it.

I do fairly well in my 'responsibilities' (I don't see them that way - I simply term them the more neutral and less annoying "life tasks"). I have found that these have helped in dealing with them.

- Seek help, whether it's from a family member, a friend or an organisation that helps young people sort through their finances, for example.
- Talk to someone. When you feel overwhelmed by them, speak to someone about it. I talked to a good friend of mine the other day and we agreed that growing up and having adult responsibilities were overwhelming.
- Try practicing mindfulness, deep breathing and take care of your sleep and nutrition. A calm, mindful mind will help you to focus on the daily tasks without being overwhelmed by them.

I am an INFP, who's learned to balance her functions, so I understand that it is difficult at first. Growing up and doing the adult thing are something I am constantly learning from.

momoness

Also, it would be much easier if you trim your responsibilities.

For example, I make sure I clearly remember my values at all times, and what kind of life I wanna lead, so that leads to knowing what I should be responsible in and what not to be in.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?

I can relate and it sucks. :hug: I suck at even taking care of myself a lot of the time. My words probably don't have much merit since I'm still just a college froshie but having a responsibility to take care of yourself, make and go to appointments, pay bills, actually pay attention to how much money is being spent, etc all sucks and makes life not as beautiful as we actually see it. Just keep reminding yourself you still have a lot to get from life and you're not gonna go down without a fight. There's plenty more of the world to be explored and much more from life to discover. There's endless possibilities awaiting in everyone's future so let that motivate you and inspire you to push through the obstacles life throws your way.

Edit: woop woop, 700th post.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
See...I dunno. Whenever I see stuff like this on the Internet everyone relates. It seems like at least half of the population is like this, so why don't we let others know? Why do we all put on acts like everything is just fine?

gromit

likes this
See...I dunno. Whenever I see stuff like this on the Internet everyone relates. It seems like at least half of the population is like this, so why don't we let others know? Why do we all put on acts like everything is just fine?

Yes why?

Someone something said that I liked is that we often compare our own "behind the scenes" to other people's "highlight reels" and it's just not analogous.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is really my issue...I know I don't do much and others seem to do way more then me, but I feel like it's too much on me anyway. And then I usually feel super guilty about how lazy I am, but I am too lazy to do something about it..