• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Too Fragile For Life

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?
GIRL. YES. not specifically about the responsibility. i think being a J makes you crave responsibility, or at least, it does for me. however, on other issues, i am definitely looking around the world and wondering why i am way more sensitive to [insert issue x, y, or z here] than everyone else around me.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've seen people get up off of the couch and thought, "How the hell do they do it?"

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

oh but sorry, in response to your question, nicolita, it is not your problem. i really mean it. we are born with vastly different innate skills and abilities, and true success is about getting to the optimal 'you.' it might sound cheesy but it's true. i was just thinking about a guy who has been a friend of mine for ten years - he is from a very wealthy family, he has the most tight-knit community of any person i've ever met, and he is truly brilliant (a doctor in training at stanford). he's very, very handsome. he's super popular. he has always had women throwing themselves at him from the day he set foot in college, all of whom he kindly turned down to focus on his studies. he has loving parents who would do anything to support him, but he doesn't need any help from anyone - so high is his potential - and to top it all off, he couldn't be a lovelier or more humble person. he and i were in different cliques in college so i didn't see him much, and i don't know why it never hit me before, but when i recently talked to him, it all struck me at once. if i compared myself to him talent-wise or if i compared what i was born with (in terms of both financial and social capital) with what he was born with, it would make me feel pretty inferior and unlucky. you have to judge yourself on a metric that has been designed to accommodate the circumstances of your life - capital, personality, talent, etc.

CheshireCat

MBTI Type
GOO
Enneagram
Yea. I can relate. I needed to impose the responsibility of watching my kids onto someone else and I don't like burdening other people; I avoid situations that force me to do it! I don't want to impose that on anyone, I don't want to be in a position of criticism, and I don't want to rely on people who, quite frankly, I don't care to get to know. Not to mention, it feels frightening to be in a position of NEEDING something from someone ... So I confided in my ISTJ friend "I feel like too much of a pussy to have kids." His response " Well that's to bad." x.x Yea, I can appreciate the truth... but OUCH.

:mellow:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

your problem is weak Te and weak Si. Too lazy to read a book and too oblivious to know when its time to piss. lmao.

Just use your super Fi Ne charm and get other people to help you get dressed in the morning.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yea. I can relate. I needed to impose the responsibility of watching my kids onto someone else and I don't like burdening other people; I avoid situations that force me to do it! I don't want to impose that on anyone, I don't want to be in a position of criticism, and I don't want to rely on people who, quite frankly, I don't care to get to know. Not to mention, it feels frightening to be in a position of NEEDING something from someone ... So I confided in my ISTJ friend "I feel like too much of a pussy to have kids." His response " Well that's to bad." x.x Yea, I can appreciate the truth... but OUCH.

:mellow:

Aw I for sure relate. That ISTJ doesn't get it man. He's wired for that kinda stuff. I don't have kids yet, and am reeeeally afraid to because of exactly what you said. I really feel like I'm just way too big of a pussy for that! I also *hate* the feeling of like needing others and relying on them, so I get your dilemma. I mean I think I could do real life, like part time. But this full time business is just too much!

Like [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] said, we all have different skills and strengths. I feel like people like us (major pussies) have so much more to offer than hack-job adult responsibility juggling. Wanna run away to Never Never Land? I'm thinking about getting a time share.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
your problem is weak Te and weak Si. Too lazy to read a book and too oblivious to know when its time to piss. lmao.

Just use your super Fi Ne charm and get other people to help you get dressed in the morning.

LMAO! You're actually right! Definitely about weak Si. My Te is strong, but I just have no desire to apply it to these kinda of things. You should see me plan a party though. My Te is all over that shit.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Aw I for sure relate. That ISTJ doesn't get it man. He's wired for that kinda stuff. I don't have kids yet, and am reeeeally afraid to because of exactly what you said. I really feel like I'm just way too big of a pussy for that! I also *hate* the feeling of like needing others and relying on them, so I get your dilemma. I mean I think I could do real life, like part time. But this full time business is just too much!

Like [MENTION=16139]Honor[/MENTION] said, we all have different skills and strengths. I feel like people like us (major pussies) have so much more to offer than hack-job adult responsibility juggling. Wanna run away to Never Never Land? I'm thinking about getting a time share.
EXACTLY. This paragraph you have just written demonstrates an escape from the heteronormative time and space continuum that we all been made to internalize, as we discussed in my philosophy classes. Before many inventions of modern times (including our economic system), our lives were not defined around our education, trade, and salaries, as they now are. Think about what people have been valued for in other ages of the world. It's so interesting, though, that most people don't think to or aren't able to define that for themselves and simply have to accept what they are taught is valuable and what is not. Especially when most of it is so twisted.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I feel that way all the time or I did when I let myself. It only made it worse, so now I just do the best I can and cover the necessities and if I don't get everything done that other people seem to be doing, well, I have a peaceful life and that's worth something. Most of that shit isn't going anywhere, anyway. It'll all be there waiting when I feel up to dealing with it.

A

Anew Leaf

Thank god for my helper monkey, Mojo. Without him I would not have enough energy to get a single thing done. Like, "Hey Mojo, go PM that nice person on Typology for me please!" or "YO STUPID MONKEY I WANT CHIPS AND SALSA NOT CHIPS AND SALT!" Etc.

Also there is this chart that I refer to:

responsibility1.png

Most of my life is spent in a state of agitation balking at how much of a wizard I am supposed to be.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

It's all a game. Don't take it seriously. :)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
While I can be oversensitive sometimes, I'd say my issue more is that I'm not serious enough. I aspire to be a jester, a Doc Brown, maybe a Yoda, but I seem to need stability that doesn't really come with those things. I retreat from chaos, rather than embrace it. Perhaps I could train myself to embrace it, though, and maybe even create order out of it.

Standuble

I have hypersensitivity issues - they are as intense now as they were when I was five years old. Fortunately frequency has decreased (if only a little.) It's like some bastard zapping you with a taser. It has trolled the fuck out of me many a time. When I do not feel the sensitivity I can take any criticism no matter how powerful or blunt. One touch of sensitivity and a structure I see as legitimately strong and stable falters and fails and brings up a dust cloud of intrusive thought. So many avenues are not appealing to me (when they otherwise would be) because of these moments.

I am too fragile for life. Outside of personal space I desire autonomy, power and control to ensure these issues do not keep causing my sensitivity to fire off.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can sort of relate, [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION], although my problem is more that I feel like I just never have any energy or motivation to devote to myself. I put so much into being a good husband and father that when I finally have personal time, I just want to use it unproductively to vegetate in front of the TV or on the internet. I devote so much of my Mind to stressing and figuring out how to take care of my loved ones that it drains my ability to have any sort of meaningful intellectual thought anymore. I never want to write anymore and my guitar just sits in a corner collecting dust. Sorry to whine about my problems in a thread about your issues, just trying to empathize (and doing a shitty job).

This is so fucking cliche to say, but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Jesus I can't believe I typed that hallmark card bullshit, but I think its true. You're a smart, insightful chick. Being an NFP, you may often feel a little out of touch and beaten down by the world, but your ability to deeply care and relate to others and to be a caretaker more than makes up for whatever weaknesses you may have.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can sort of relate, [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION], although my problem is more that I feel like I just never have any energy or motivation to devote to myself. I put so much into being a good husband and father that when I finally have personal time, I just want to use it unproductively to vegetate in front of the TV or on the internet. I devote so much of my Mind to stressing and figuring out how to take care of my loved ones that it drains my ability to have any sort of meaningful intellectual thought anymore. I never want to write anymore and my guitar just sits in a corner collecting dust. Sorry to whine about my problems in a thread about your issues, just trying to empathize (and doing a shitty job).

This is so fucking cliche to say, but what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Jesus I can't believe I typed that hallmark card bullshit, but I think its true. You're a smart, insightful chick. Being an NFP, you may often feel a little out of touch and beaten down by the world, but your ability to deeply care and relate to others and to be a caretaker more than makes up for whatever weaknesses you may have.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, but then I have discovered things that I am completely hard to that cause others grief.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank god for my helper monkey, Mojo. Without him I would not have enough energy to get a single thing done. Like, "Hey Mojo, go PM that nice person on Typology for me please!" or "YO STUPID MONKEY I WANT CHIPS AND SALSA NOT CHIPS AND SALT!" Etc.

Also there is this chart that I refer to:

responsibility1.png

Most of my life is spent in a state of agitation balking at how much of a wizard I am supposed to be.

LOL! This chart is beautiful. So good :laugh: