• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Too Fragile For Life

A

A_priori

Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?

Ya life's hard. I think that the more we move forward into the future the more we feel the added pressures
of thigs like technological advancements, media and all the rest of the negative burdens that the 21st century insidiously has in store. My philosophy is that the more I have had the less I have gained.. Your probably a super awesome person living a life that's not cut out or you. We are not one size fits all creaturs so finding the right path can be tricky to say the least.

I know in my life I wasn't able to find happiness, balance or whatever you want to call it, until I made some prty substantial changes.

Cheers bro

mirrorghost

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really sure where to post this, but does anyone ever feel this way?

I just feel like not cut out for dealing with mounds of responsibilities every single day of my life. I feel like I can't handle it and shut down. I look around and see people doing way more than me. wtf is my problem?

yeah i do!! part of me is like, "eh who cares, there are more important/interesting things." another part is like "why is this so damn hard to deal with?!"

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i do!! part of me is like, "eh who cares, there are more important/interesting things." another part is like "why is this so damn hard to deal with?!"

hah, yep. exactly.

i'm happy i am who i am though. i really feel like i like my interests and priorities despite them being inconvenient sometimes.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya life's hard. I think that the more we move forward into the future the more we feel the added pressures
of thigs like technological advancements, media and all the rest of the negative burdens that the 21st century insidiously has in store. My philosophy is that the more I have had the less I have gained.. Your probably a super awesome person living a life that's not cut out or you. We are not one size fits all creaturs so finding the right path can be tricky to say the least.

I know in my life I wasn't able to find happiness, balance or whatever you want to call it, until I made some prty substantial changes.

Cheers bro

Thanks for the encouragement, man!

Yeah I've already begun to make some changes, and I know I'll need to find lots of other ways to custom fit my life to who I am. It's actually a really exciting prospect! Glad you've found your balance : )

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks for the encouragement, man!

Yeah I've already begun to make some changes, and I know I'll need to find lots of other ways to custom fit my life to who I am. It's actually a really exciting prospect! Glad you've found your balance : )
You are a beautiful woman...
I have been struggling with the same problems, and I hope I can have enough income to be middle class--comfy, and able to father a few children someday...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are a beautiful woman...
I have been struggling with the same problems, and I hope I can have enough income to be middle class--comfy, and able to father a few children someday...

Thanks, Qwan!

I had/have similar goals, but the older I get, the more I'm trying to focus less on what I want out of life in those terms (ends) and more on how I want or need my daily life to be in order to be happy (means). Those ideals are surely a lot less "happy" than they appear in our imaginations. Every second of your life matters. It's good to work for what you want, but I'm trying to look at what I want a little differently these days. I hope this is making sense.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thanks, Qwan!

I had/have similar goals, but the older I get, the more I'm trying to focus less on what I want out of life in those terms (ends) and more on how I want or need my daily life to be in order to be happy (means). Those ideals are surely a lot less "happy" than they appear in our imaginations. Every second of your life matters. It's good to work for what you want, but I'm trying to look at what I want a little differently these days. I hope this is making sense.

It does, now.

á´…eparted

passages
Yes I do. There are some things that just make be super uncomfortable that I just can't seem to get past, but are required for life. The biggest one is money. Money scares the crap out of me. More than ANYYTHING else. You link something to money? I'll freak out. If you don't have it, you can't buy food, and thus can't live. It's required in the modern world, yet it's so fragile and can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I am afraid to look at my bank account. I get anxious every time I log in, even when I know it's fine, and this has been going on since I was 18 and I still have issues. I want money to be simple: you earn it, you spend it. No interest up, no interest down. Just simple. Yet, it seems like life demands all kind of things to complicate money (and thus increase the risk of losing it). I am in the dark with a lot of its complexities, but I am honestly to scared and confused to look into it more. I'm 24 and still don't own a credit card, and am not getting one until I have to (which I hope is never). Luckily I have gotten comfortable with the concept of bills, but it still makes me anxious every time I have to pay even when I know I can afford it no problem. I also never want to have a car payment, I just want to buy one down. I also plan to never own a home.

With all that said... I refuse to accept that I am "too fragile for life". I don't want to be too fragile. I absolutely hate it. I try and force myself to be not-fragile. Much of the time I force myself to break through it and move on. I have to. I do not define myself by my weaknesses or shortcomings. At the same time though... it's really draining. I wonder sometimes if the reason I have depression issues is because I force myself to do things that I really am not emotionally cut out to do all the time. I sort of just keep trying until I run myself into the ground. I suppose in a way I am just angry that I have all these internal shortcomings and flawed coping mechanisms, so I am like "you know what... FUCK YOU! Fuck these short comings! I'm going to do this shit anyway *nanny-nanny-boo-boo* you can't stop me.". But it's pretty patchwork. It's all of this that when the hyperbole and a half book came out it was super comforting.

So, yes I am too fragile for life, but I refuse to accept that and try anyway, and just get beat up in the process.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dunno how I missed this thread. The daily maintenance necessary for survival makes me shut down at times too. I have to prioritize and totally drop certain dimensions of life from time to time to keep afloat. I tend to respond to what's demanded of me by distancing myself from the physical and living more in a realm of thought, performing actions automatically while my mind wanders. When I was younger I composed a lot of writing in my head while I was doing less interesting things.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am exactly this way, it drives me crazy. Even if I have the ambition to do something I don't have the energy to do it.

R

RDF

Yes I do. There are some things that just make be super uncomfortable that I just can't seem to get past, but are required for life. The biggest one is money. Money scares the crap out of me. More than ANYYTHING else. You link something to money? I'll freak out. If you don't have it, you can't buy food, and thus can't live. It's required in the modern world, yet it's so fragile and can be taken away in the blink of an eye. I am afraid to look at my bank account. I get anxious every time I log in, even when I know it's fine, and this has been going on since I was 18 and I still have issues. I want money to be simple: you earn it, you spend it. No interest up, no interest down. Just simple. Yet, it seems like life demands all kind of things to complicate money (and thus increase the risk of losing it). I am in the dark with a lot of its complexities, but I am honestly to scared and confused to look into it more. I'm 24 and still don't own a credit card, and am not getting one until I have to (which I hope is never). Luckily I have gotten comfortable with the concept of bills, but it still makes me anxious every time I have to pay even when I know I can afford it no problem. I also never want to have a car payment, I just want to buy one down. I also plan to never own a home.

Sounds like a good example of an ENFJ's Ti-Inferior in action: Lack of trust in formal systems (finances, credit, home ownership, etc.). Throw in some weak Se, and you have a recipe for someone who likes to live off the grid (which is true of a couple ENFJs whom I know).

Anyway, thanks for the detailed description. I made a note for future reference on Ti-Inferior.

your problem is weak Te and weak Si. Too lazy to read a book and too oblivious to know when its time to piss. lmao.

This is basically true of most of the other posters (the FPs) in the thread. ENFPs have Si-Inferior and weak Te; INFPs have Te-Inferior and weak Si.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha! thanks for quoting [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION]'s post, [MENTION=204]FLD[/MENTION]. that really is the whole thing. got a second laugh outta that one. so good.