• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fi] Fi-Doms and Physical Feeling

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The idea of a heart symbolizing love is something along the lines of the change in heart rate or whatever (I'm not too familiar with the specifics). There is a correlation between emotions and our physical heart. Often, I find that I can feel the emotions in my heart. Either my heart feels like it's breaking, or it feels heavy, or it feels like it's been stabbed, etc. As for positive emotions, I can obviously feel it beating quicker when I'm excited or see the person I love. And then there's this state of contentment that is a feeling in itself.
Can any other Fi-Dom, or just anyone, relate to this?

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep! I feel it physically before I'm able to like recognize it mentally or emotionally actually. Not sure if it's Fi or not, but I definitely can relate to physically feeling my heart ache, be heavy, be light, or be excited.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would say the physiological connection to the psyche is independent of MBTI, honestly.
It's just the natural result of stress hormones (or pleasure/reward neurotransmitters, endorphins) being activated/released in the body when we experience emotions.

I posted this link before, but "broken heart syndrome" is a pretty interesting, albeit extreme example of the mind/body connection, imo- so I'll post it again.

And lighten up with this:

:drwho:

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My thought behind this is that Fi-Doms are much more concerned with their inner feelings than any other function. I am always feeling an emotion and I can always recognize what it is and why I'm feeling it. Everything I encounter evokes a feeling. As opposed to someone who is Ti Dom and less in touch with their feelings because they don't have as many of them. They are probably less inclined to feel their heart break when they're trying to juggle logic or whatever they do.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My thought behind this is that Fi-Doms are much more concerned with their inner feelings than any other function. I am always feeling an emotion and I can always recognize what it is and why I'm feeling it. Everything I encounter evokes a feeling. As opposed to someone who is Ti Dom and less in touch with their feelings because they don't have as many of them. They are probably less inclined to feel their heart break when they're trying to juggle logic or whatever they do.

..Come again?

Not trying to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure the T/F divide isn't a matter of one type having "more feelings" than the other. It's more a matter of where they are concentrated/how they're dealt with internally/externally, I think.

Any type has emotional reactions to various stimuli. Different stimuli trigger different responses in different people. I'll agree it may be more apt to "creep up" on Thinking types (they may not always know what they're feeling/why on occasion, but it does happen to everyone on some level), as feelings aren't the most comfortable realm for them to navigate in, but I wouldn't say it's because they have "less" of them, in general.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They spend more time in a different sector of their brain.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One not as concerned with emotions, but rather logic.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fi types might place more weight on their feelings, perhaps. Instead of being "not that important", they are "most important". Would you say that's accurate?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure, I'll reflect on that. Could you expand?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But in relation to my initial point.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think this has more to do with Si combined with Fi

S

Stansmith

Fi combined with Ni feels like being on a journey or in a trance. Time moves slowly, and you just stare into a fixed point in space, feeling whatever you're feeling, ignoring your sorroundings while somehow being conscious of them.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fi types might place more weight on their feelings, perhaps. Instead of being "not that important", they are "most important". Would you say that's accurate?
I resist it, too hard sometimes. :shrug:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm 30 now, and it's only been in the last year that I've actually noticed that my emotions have a physical feeling as well (beyond the customary "lump in the throat" and "mouth dry with fear" stuff). I was ridiculously out of touch with this prior. And I seem to be Fi-dom.

I definitely know the feeling of "heartache" though. That's another one I've always noticed--I get a sharp stabbing sensation in my left breast when I despair. It physically hurts.