• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Portrait of a 20-something INFP

momoness

This is how this particular INFP is like:

My name is M, and I am a female INFP. I like writing, reading, traveling, academia. I am feminist committed to anti-oppression toolworks such as anti-racism, anti-transphobia, anti-class stratification, anti-fat phobia and I am for animal rights.

I am a dreamer yes, but I am a dreamer committed to making my values a reality. I am an accomplished writer, having worked in a prestigious news organisation as a reporter. Currently I handle the communications of the international relief organization that I am in.

I am logical and analytical and can outdo people in arguments, but my philosophy is grounded on concerns for people. I see life as a battle between the good and the evil; a struggle for power and I see the beautiful even in the most mundane of things. I am easily touched, but I rely on facts to back-up my arguments. Over the years, I have balanced my functions and can be quite sensor-like. Sensor-like being the ability to easily switch gears and be in action-mode.

I like beauty and ugly surroundings depress me. Unlike some of INFPs who are more sensual though, I can be quite rough around the edges. That said, I also know what to say and how to not offend or offend people. I love attention and I can be sef-absorbed. I do believe that people are here to make me happy. I am loyal and affectionate to the people closest to me (including an INFJ best friend).

I am abstracted but not without theory. I am quite theoretical and as stated above, logical. I love the humanities as well as the sciences. I am good in whatever I do, and can even use my TJ side to think about business and maths. People have described me as abstract, impractical and a dreamer. I am at odds with my ESTJ mother who impose on me a set of Draconian rules composed of colonialist-style mindset and I get along well with INFJs, INTJs as well as other INFPs.

As a contradiction towards my younger days - I am only 26 by the way - I use my Ne to absorb views that differ from my framework. As a result, I am more open minded and less emotional than I was before. I am a softie and can cry easily, though that ability has been severely undermined with the cynicism of age.

I am a thinker, and love to think about a variety of things, especially on how to bring good to the world. I also identify with the healer part of the INFP description, and have nursed cats back to health. I am deeply intelligent.

I am solitary, independent and despite my nature, I reach out to my closest friends whenever I am in a funk. I am struggling with depression, and once I am healed, I would like to enter public policy. In the past, I slacked severely, and have learnt that I only feel alive when I am realising my values in the world, and this is what keeps me going. I have cultivated a network of like-minded people and to temper my emotional personality, I have learned to utilize mindfulness, deep breathing and to some extent, meditation. I am a likeable person but have also threathened some people who felt the need to tear me down. For balancing viewpoints, I seek out the opinion of my INTJ best friend.

I am a project in the making :)

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. INFPs who are traditionalists and value the purity of the old ways.