• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFP Questionnaire

Dawd

MBTI Type
IxxP
Enneagram
5/9
1. Type/Gender/Age (gender/age are optional of course!)

INFP 4w5/16/M

2. I've often heard ENFP's are the most introverted types, and that INFP's with strong N can mistake themselves for ENFP's. ENFP's, do you relate to the title of introverted extravert? INFP's: same question but in reverse.

Kind of? I can relate to other extroverts, but when I want to be like one I can't bring myself to act that way.

3. How does your auxilary function manifest itself?

I'm really spontaneous and quick to think of new concepts.

4. How would others describe you? How would you describe yourself?

"Others" being people that I'm not really acquainted with might see me as aloof, while friends see me as fun, spontaneous, and kind of eccentric. I can't really describe who I AM without over-thinking, but if I had to, I'd say that I'm someone who doesn't know what to do with himself.

5. How do you react to being put on the spot?

I either freeze up, or try to "act" like someone cool and collected.

6. How does your inferior manifest itself?

I can be cynical at times... I guess?

7. How do/did you perform in school? What were your strengths and weaknesses as a student?

I'm in all of the AP and honors classes that I can take, and my unweighted gpa is usually around a 3.6. I'm great at cramming and quick at learning about new things, but I lose interest and procrastinate A LOT.

8. Do you journal/blog? What are the things you usually focus on in your journal. I ask that in a general sense, I'm not looking for specific events on your life you wrote about, but if you don't mind including specifics, feel free.

Nope.

9. Do you have an easy time hiding your feelings from others? When do you usually hide your feelings?

If I have really strong emotions about something, I usually give subtle hints that I feel that way.

10. What types do you click with the best, what types do you clash with worst?

Out of the people that I've cared to type, I get along well with other FPs. One of my best friends is an ENTP, but we fight a lot. I'm not good around INTPs and ENTJs.

11. How do you feel about sex? Is it a positive healthy thing in your life?

Um....

12. How do you make friends (Geographical convenience/mutual interests/shared values)? Do you tend to initiate the friendship, or does it just sort of happen?

Shared values and a little bit of the other two. Friendship just kind of happens.

13. Same question as 12, but about romantic relationships.

Never been in one, but I have trouble initiating them.

14. Do you mind being alone?

I like being alone for a while, but I need face-to-face interaction often or I start to get bored.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Type/Gender/Age
INFP/Female/16

2. I've often heard ENFP's are the most introverted types, and that INFP's with strong N can mistake themselves for ENFP's. ENFP's, do you relate to the title of introverted extravert? INFP's: same question but in reverse.

No way, I'm very introverted. It's not that I don't have friends or anything, I'm just much more contented in my own little world cutoff from the outer landscape. It's just so...boring. It drives me nuts. Oh well, once I get older I'll adapt. Eventually.

3. How does your auxiliary function manifest itself?

Well, I'm creative and love to express it through writing and making pieces of art, usually romantic/sexual fantasies of mine laced with humor and the few odd paintings and doodles. I also love to wear unique clothing as my outfits are one of the few things that I plan ahead of time. I'm spacey, loopy, and quirky, so yeah, my Ne is pretty strong and my mind usually runs at a million miles an hour, although I'm definitely not an extrovert.

Well, the ones that are really close know me best, and they know that I have an odd sense of humor, am energetic, and to them I might seem emotionally callous, although I'm just really good at hiding them, burying them deep inside until they burst out.

As for my own description, I'm imaginative, creative, sensitive, spacey, and consequently profoundly lazy. It's a wonder that my ass isn't much wider from sitting on it all of the time.

I hate it; it makes me nervous, anxious, and blush like a buffoon.

I'm pretty anal about wasting things for some reason. Don't ask me why. When my mom puts more soap into the dishes I get irritated. I also am fond of telling my dog what to do, although she doesn't listen to me the best, and then I get really angry and give up.

7. How do/did you perform in school? What were your strengths and weaknesses as a student?

I'm currently in high school and doing very well (3.75ish GPA) with minimal effort on my part. I've always been tremendous at English, even though I don't really like the class itself because it's way too easy and the same goes for Spanish. My favorite classes are social studies and music because they're interesting and they challenge me (a bit). I have a crush on my social studies teacher. I'll admit that. It's only because he's a brilliant and funny ENTP. Jeez. And he's fifty-four...Well, he doesn't look his age, but still. Weaknesses include making jokes in front of said teacher (social anxiety usual triumphs over the funny quips that I can come up with, although recently I brought up the fact that two of our vice presidents have shot people. I was so proud of myself!) and math and science. Not how my mind works. Oh, and gym. I imagine that if hell does exist (which it probably doesn't) that I'd be forced to have gym class every day for the rest of eternity.

8. Do you journal/blog? What are the things you usually focus on in your journal. I ask that in a general sense, I'm not looking for specific events on your life you wrote about, but if you don't mind including specifics, feel free.

I used to have a journal and I'd talk about my constant struggles with my bipolar ENFP (BAD. COMBINATION.) ex best friend but now I don't because I don't usually think sad things. I don't know what to write if it's not sad things! If I'm happy (and I have been now that I started taking meds) I just write about characters that I make up.

9. Do you have an easy time hiding your feelings from others? When do you usually hide your feelings?

I have a rather easy time hiding my feelings when they're about a deep personal issue, as they often are.

Typically fellow introverts but it's just creative people in general. My current closest friends are an INFJ and an IxTP, which provides an interesting Fe clash.

I'd love to have it and I fantasize about it all of the time :)newwink:) but I'm kinda young anyway so I guess I'll just have to wait.

12. How do you make friends (Geographical convenience/mutual interests/shared values)? Do you tend to initiate the friendship, or does it just sort of happen?

It's usually mutual interests, i.e. reading a lot or being artistic. I've noticed that the two usually come in conjunction with the shared values as creative people often are more willing to accept my various idiosyncrasies. I never initiate, it always just happens.

Never had one.

No, I'm alone all of the time.

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. Type/Gender/Age

INFP/Female/19

Sometimes when I'm around people I know, I feel like an extravert, but it's when I'm in a huge crowd of people or I'm by myself that I know that I'm an introvert for sure.

It keeps me open minded and allows me to adapt well to differing situations. It also accounts for my randomness, for sure. :)

One of my "friends" described me as a weird loner with a terrible sense of fashion who always has her nose stuck in a book. She also said that I had a strange sense of humor and that I am overall an off-putting person. (Not sure how I feel about this...) Others have said that I am nice and very funny once they get to know me.

I would describe myself as a caring, funny, intelligent sloth.

:shock:

It's that little voice in my head telling me to get my ass into gear when I'm avoiding homework, housework, and other various works... It also comes through in blunt statements that shock even myself sometimes.

I managed to graduate high school with a 3.8 GPA. After my first semester of college, I now have a 3.3, the worst I have ever done, though admittedly, it was due to my laziness. My favorite subjects were/are English and Social Studies. I've been trying for my whole life to like science, but even the simplest concepts baffle me (I didn't know what density was until the 9th grade :blush: ). Me and Math are sworn enemies. I guess one of my strengths as a student is being able to grasp (non-scientific) content well. My biggest weakness is laziness.

No. Every time I say that I'm going to start one, I either don't have the supplies on hand or lack the motivation to start it right at that minute. Maybe one day...

I usually always try to hide my feelings for fear of getting hurt, though if I am extremely irritated I can't seem to hold it in.

I don't know that there's any type that I do or don't get along with. I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, though really domineering people rub me the wrong way.

I feel great about sex! I would feel even better about it if I could convince someone to do it with me.

I don't know. I can usually tell if I'm going to like a person and then we usually end up becoming friends. It's like magic.

I usually repel the opposite gender. Maybe this means that I'll be alone forever :cry:

Definitely not! Sometimes knowing that I'll be alone later is what gets me through the day.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
1. Type/Gender/Age (gender/age are optional of course!)
INFP, female, 18

I considered ENFP during a period of high anxiety/over-analysis that exacerbated some characteristics associated with inferior Si, but for the most part, it's been pretty clear to me that I'm an introvert.

Like you’d expect.

Comments from others: quiet, easygoing, smart, funny, warmhearted, scattered, distant. I'm much more emotional and abstract than I seem.

I had my first ever job interview recently and almost blacked out when my interviewer asked a question I wasn't prepared to answer. There are rare moments when I respond well, though. But normally it's like inferior-Te stress suppresses all Ne and I go with whatever generic, low-effort response I can think of.

Wildly nonlinear thought process and trouble articulating myself as a result. Not easily remembering connections between concrete information, being hopeless at strategy in impersonal contexts. Random bursts of inspiration to organize everything possible. (When I was little, I tried organizing my mind to resemble a Windows 95 desktop. It's hard to imagine that I was even remotely successful then, as cluttered and non-visual as my mind is now.)

...I just looked up inferior Te and I'm not sure I answered the question. I think part of the above may have more to do with Ne and poor Thinking. Parts from this article are true

Inferior Thinking often comes out in an unrelenting search for accuracy' in a precise, nitpicky logic and focus, and an almost legalistic standard of validity. One INFP said, 'I home in on precise logic and truth and am very critical, detailed, picky, frustrated, and irritable.
somebody else's incompetence that reflects on my own will set me off.
I was in the gifted program in elementary and middle school and was always one of the top couple students in that, too. I never felt challenged in any of my classes until high school, when depression got worse and I stopped trying/focusing. (Not to say that I'd be highly intelligent and academically successful if it weren't for that.) Reading comprehension is a major strength. The only other specific strengths I can think of are that I'm mostly self-educated and easily see multiple perspectives. Weaknesses are laziness, perfectionism, and self-consciousness.

I journal and rarely blog. It's pretty ruminative stuff -- helpful to me, but usually not worth sharing. Interpersonal/intrapersonal dynamics, moments that impacted me, deliberations about the future

I have a bad poker face, so if I'm not doing well, it's going to come across. I never much effort into actively hiding my emotions; I just withdraw. I never like talking about my feelings unless they're the shadow feelings SouthernKross described.

For the most part, there haven't been significant patterns in my interactions with specific types. Just the typical IxFP/ExTJ misunderstandings and a tendency to get along with ExFPs.

My attitude towards sex is healthy, I think, but it's going to take a while before it could be a healthy aspect of my life. I'd only have sex in a serious relationship and I've never had one.

Geographical convenience/shared social attitudes/shared sense of humor. I almost never initiate it. I've had a lot of friendships where the other person just kept talking to me until I started to reciprocate.

Difficulty opening up to people + high and unusual standards + age --> have never been in a real relationship

I enjoy my own company enough and find others' unsatisfying enough not to mind too often.

Curtis B

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. INFP, Male, 16 (gotta get the hard one out of the way, phew!)
2. No, typically I consider myself to be solely introverted. However, sometimes I become outgoing, hyper and giggly (perhaps this is more due to mood swings)
3. My Intuition? hmm.... I don't know. I may (or may not) come back to this one....
4.a. Other people who don't know me super well would probably describe me as emotionless. I hide everything, usually. Occasionally things slip out and I become manic and or depressed (comes with the type, perhaps manic isn't the right word but whatever) People say that I'm easy to talk to. They say that I have the ability to be incredibly funny but I don't often show it.
b. I describe myself as quiet but not always shy. Artsy but not pretentious. Lonely but not alone. Moody but withdrawn. I consider myself to be very private, sometimes irritable, but usually very easy going, so long as people don't violate my ideals (being friendly is a big one) I can't understand why people are mean. I just can't. It doesnt add up. I could never intentionally hurt someone, and if i did by accident, I'd feel like shit about it.\
5. I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE ALREADY! (is how I feel when I'm caught off guard)
6. I grew up with an INTJ brother who I was very close with. He has a strong Thinking function and raised me (I'm three years younger) to be able to think very rationally. When emotions are involved, hell no, I go with my feelings, but I am definitely able to think very rationally and from an objective standpoint, when the need is there.
7. I test INCREDIBLY well. I don't do homework and I don't take notes but I learn the shit out of stuff that interests/seems logical to me. I hate math with a passion but I have a talent for it, so I've always been pushed towards performing in it (ugh fuck society). My weaknesses are being too passive, procrastinating (that's a big one) and lack of motivation. I'd rather be doing other shit, out in the world looking at art, listening to music, BEING IN NATURE not some grey ass building full of people who I don't really care for.
8. I do not. I wish I did, I love to write and people tell me I'm good at it, I don't think so.
9.Yes. I am very good at this. however, occasionally I have outbursts when everything comes flooding out and I cry a lot or get angry at the world and become very resigned. Around my girlfriend I become very happy and smiley and love life, so I can't when I'm with her.
10. I clash with J types. I don't take criticism well and I like everything to be very indirect: no direct comments, questions, or requests. If you know about Japanese language/culture you will know what I mean. Definitivity is my enemy. Also if someone is too extroverted they annoy the crap out of me, like for reals, let me be sometimes. I need my alone time, or I become very tired, irritable and stuffs. (another reason I don't like school)
I get along very well with other INFP's, my girlfriend is one. I get along well with Introverts. People who talk a lot but don't invade my privacy, personal space, and respect that I need personal time. I imagine that would be an ExFx type, however I'm not so sure.
11. Sex. Hmm... It's a tough thing for me. Slutting myself out is definitely not me. I believe sex can be used as a way to show extreme emotional connection to someone. Having a fling is hard for me, did it twice, bad idea. Sex is a personal thing and I believe it should be used as a way to share one's love for another person. I'm in no way against sex for recreation, it's just not me.
12. Slowly. I get to know someone by hanging back and waiting for an opportunity to talk to them one on one. Often I will try to learn who they are first and I never open up to people unless I trust them, or want to be able to trust them.
13. Slowlier. I idealize the crap out of a girl. It takes me a long ass time to get the courage to talk to them, but when I do, it's all butterflies and awkwardness. If I can get past that, it's gold :))))
14. Hell nah. Being alone is great. Being lonely? not so much.

Woo, that was a lot :D