• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INFPs and ISFPs?

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd try to answer your question but have no idea why ISFPs are attracted to you. You're kind-hearted?

I've never been attracted to INFPs. Ever. Not romantically anyway. As friends they're the best. =)

Oh and I doubt it's just because of your looks.

FiddlePlayer

MBTI Type
INFP
Original Post:

"I still feel awkward about this, but ever since I realized that most girls that stare at me are ISFPs I haven't been the same. I can charm the hell out of these girls until they're left sprawling on the floor in a puddle of their melted smiles.

I have my own understanding of the attraction between the male INFP and the female ISFP, but at the same time, I would appreciate other opinions on the matter.

This thread exists only because I don't completely understand the reason for their attraction and that bugs the hell out of me. I guess it's the fact that a lot of it has its roots in how I look, which (again) is weird because it's hard for me not to look past surface features. A commodity is sort of what I feel like. The control is not what I'm used to and I'm afraid of hurting feelings."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

As in INFP girl who has recently realized that an ISFP male aquantance really really likes me, I appreciate and can identify with your comment "The control is [what] I'm [not] used to and I'm afraid of hurting feelings."

I've only recently immerged out of a life-long wallflower mentality, and am dealing (in this situation) with the double-whammy of being (1) newly aware that I am attractive and (2) newly aware that if I decide to go for this man I can see (with classic NF vision) exactly the path to charming him and driving him crazy.

However, since I don't believe in leading people on, I don't quite know what to do with this "control," as you put it.

You were also specifially mentioning a male INFP with female ISFP, so I suppose a female INFP with male ISFP could be a different story.......

I suppose to be fair I should also mention that I'm not immune to his charm either and he probably knows it.

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
Fi...

Well, the answer is clear from the MBTI perspective. Your dominant function is F and you will find it only in INFP, ISFP, ENFP and ESFP, but out of these the extroverts have the F all over the place, while you keep it in, as does ISFPs. So, its nice to share it with someone as deeply interested in feelings as you are.

Actually, ENFPS tend to keep it in more...in my experience.