• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] INFJ?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
$75 for a personality test!!!

Polly, I would say that you are probably N-first based on things. So that leaves ENFP and INFJ. You are also dealing with trying to figure this out in your non-native language, yes? That makes it a lot more difficult, especially when a lot of understanding about this stuff comes from nuance. For this reason I would pay attention to how you extrovert. When you talk do all of these ideas come out, almost like you're thinking out loud? (Ne) Is that how you converse? Or do you converse by being nice, friendly, and considering the other person's feelings? (Fe)

75$ is really just way too much! My ideas seem to come more from the inside, I wouldn't say it's thinking out loud. But then I don't pay so much attention to others, more like what the ideas mean to me, which I think is more Fi, than Fe. I usually tend to get the best idea, when I listen to some good music I catch its meaning and message, than figure out what does it mean to me, what could it me to others, and then for example I create my own poem based on the feelings I got from the song or music, or just some art work... Heh now I think it's really like Ne+Fi :D .. But in my own work and inspirstion the conncetions with my basic inspiration (song) seem to be very random. More like realizations maybe...For example the poem I wrote lately is inspired by one song, but I think none would ever say it's inspired by that song, because my inspiration was based on very random and subjective suggestions I got from that song. Just one suggestion reminds me of something else and write this poem about something else, but it's stil based on that song inspirstion...do you know what I am trying to say? :D

B

brainheart

Yeah. That sounds like Ne.

I'll tell you what I do a lot of the time so you can compare. When I do visual art I tend to get out my supplies and put on music that is congruent with my current feeling state and what I want to get out. And then I get it out. I will, in the moment, 'feel' what medium would be the best to put it out there with, and I may have some ideas, but for the most part it's just about getting the feeling out. I will use my ability at grasping random associations and metaphor (Ne) as a tool to express my feeling. Feeling is definitely the core orientation and core objective of my art. If you want to get a message out of it, cool, but the feeling is what matters most.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah. That sounds like Ne.

I'll tell you what I do a lot of the time so you can compare. When I do visual art I tend to get out my supplies and put on music that is congruent with my current feeling state and what I want to get out. And then I get it out. I will, in the moment, 'feel' what medium would be the best to put it out there with, and I may have some ideas, but for the most part it's just about getting the feeling out. I will use my ability at grasping random associations and metaphor (Ne) as a tool to express my feeling. Feeling is definitely the core orientation and core objective of my art. If you want to get a message out of it, cool, but the feeling is what matters most.

Yes I think I can relate to this... Well message metters to me, but I also try to match my mood and my feelings with for example music I listen to. So feeling I get out of something is pretty important for me too.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's the official test. Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Sometimes you don't have the money to pay :D ... seriously... I am student, I had a part time job during the summer and the money I saved are just enough for me to have a lunch, or to hang out with friends...nothing more and no extra money, or I will sit at home and drain the money from my mother for the rest of the year...

Starry

Oh Starry you're really such a nice person :) . I thought I am an ENFP for the longest period of time, even though I really don't totally fit into ENFP description. My long pauses between the words are actually my not perfect knowledge of english language. I am not used to speak in english and most of the time in the vid a literally fish for the right words in my memory. But in my native language I have problems with speaking too fast, even though I worked hard on my speach, 'cause I was doing alot with acting, performing and speaking in front of the audience as I study to become a media's reporter/speaker/journalist I still have problem with talking slowly. It's just not natural for my pretty high temperament :D . And thank you for your compliment about my make-up and hair :) , it means pretty much for me :) .

Oh Polly, I need to quickly defend myself here and I hope you will understand... Please, please know that what I was referring to has nothing to do with English being your second language...

Very recently a forum member, in spite of repeatedly stating and proving with their responses that they had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about...still thought it was approapriate to accuse me of 'making cultural assumptions' and of some form of ignorance. <--That post still sits undefended and I do occasionally worry what people reading it might think of me in the absence of a response. But at that point I was beyond livid at all the bullshit being hurled at me that I would have verbally torn this member limb from limb...and chose to walk away instead.

I have relatives that never learned English... that actually refused to learn English. I have worked curriculum for cultural courses in higher education. I was a point person for ESL students... On more committees than I can count concerning diversity and inclusion. And I have lived in 3 different countries where I was very much a 'foreigner' butchering each country's native tongue on a daily basis as I struggled to say whatever needed saying in the moment :)

I struggle to put the impressions I have into English as well and I appreciate your willingness to have patience with me. I thought you spoke beautifully and again what I was referring to had nothing to do with pausing to search out an English word. I hope you can trust that my experiences have provided me with the ability to tell the difference between the two...And if I think of a way to better explain my meaning I will send that off to you. You are a lovely human being Polly.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh Polly, I need to quickly defend myself here and I hope you will understand... Please, please know that what I was referring to has nothing to do with English being your second language...

Very recently a forum member, in spite of repeatedly stating and proving with their responses that they had absolutely no idea of what I was talking about...still thought it was approapriate to accuse me of 'making cultural assumptions' and of some form of ignorance. <--That post still sits undefended and I do occasionally worry what people reading it might think of me in the absence of a response. But at that point I was beyond livid at all the bullshit being hurled at me that I would have verbally torn this member limb from limb...and chose to walk away instead.

I have relatives that never learned English... that actually refused to learn English. I have worked curriculum for cultural courses in higher education. I was a point person for ESL students... On more committees than I can count concerning diversity and inclusion. And I have lived in 3 different countries where I was very much a 'foreigner' butchering each country's native tongue on a daily basis as I struggled to say whatever needed saying in the moment :)

I struggle to put the impressions I have into English as well and I appreciate your willingness to have patience with me. I thought you spoke beautifully and again what I was referring to had nothing to do with pausing to search out an English word. I hope you can trust that my experiences have provided me with the ability to tell the difference between the two...And if I think of a way to better explain my meaning I will send that off to you. You are a lovely human being Polly.

WTF Starry ? :unsure: No sorry, really I didn't want to talk about if my english is good, or not... I just reacted on that "you make pauses to think about what you want to say to make it deeper..." at least I cought that meaning from your post. I just tried to say, that what might look as thinking deep about my speach, it was more just looking for words and not thinking that much about what I want to say... Do you understand me? You said its Pi I call it's speaking in not native language... I just tried to tell you, that it's not a mark of a Pi in my opinion, nothing really about my english skills, but I needed to point them out, to put it to the context... you know?

Starry

WTF Starry ? :unsure: No sorry, really I didn't want to talk about if my english is good, or not... I just reacted on that "you make pauses to think about what you want to say to make it deeper..." at least I cought that meaning from your post. I just tried to say, that what might look as thinking deep about my speach, it was more just looking for words and not thinking that much about what I want to say... Do you understand me? You said its Pi I call it's speaking in not native language... I just tried to tell you, that it's not a mark of a Pi in my opinion, nothing really about my english skills, but I needed to point them out, to put it to the context... you know?

I kinda like messages that start with 'WTF Starry?' haha...but not at the expense of causing you alarm. I very much understand what you said and why you said it...why you thought you should explain as I have been in the same exact position before myself. Because of my own life experiences it doesn't occur to me to say 'what I'm talking about has nothing to do with when you pause to to search your mind for the correct English word...' because I take these things as 'a given.'

But because of this more recent experience... I've never really had anything like that happen to me before and like I alluded to I am unable to determine what type of influence these things have. So okay none here haha whoops. But I appreciate you allowing me to speak to it... To say for myself who I am.

B

brainheart

Yes I think I can relate to this... Well message metters to me, but I also try to match my mood and my feelings with for example music I listen to. So feeling I get out of something is pretty important for me too.

But we are both fours so expression of feeling is important. That needs to be taken into consideration.

On a different note, this goes back to what [MENTION=8074]Seymour[/MENTION] said. If you take a regular mbti test, not a cognitive function one, what's your result in order of strengths? For example I get INFP, but based on the percentages of my preferences, it comes out FIPN. This says to me that feeling is far more important to me than intuition.

My results, so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||||||||||||||| 77.42%
Extroversion (E): |||||| 22.58%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||| 68.75%
Sensation (S): |||||||| 31.25%

Thinking (T): |||| 17.24%
Feeling (F): ||||||||||||||||||||| 82.76%

Judging (J): |||||||| 31.03%
Perceiving (P): ||||||||||||||||| 68.97%

Here's the quiz. I think it's pretty good as far as these things go:

http://16typequiz.com/quiz.html

Oh and I watched your video. I lean ENFP for your type. You do the 'thinking the possibilities out loud' thing that I said was the way Ne converses. Also, that you chose to talk about a hypothetical vampire/zombie/werewolf battle.. so Ne-dom.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But we are both fours so expression of feeling is important. That needs to be taken into consideration.

On a different note, this goes back to what [MENTION=8074]Seymour[/MENTION] said. If you take a regular mbti test, not a cognitive function one, what's your result in order of strengths? For example I get INFP, but based on the percentages of my preferences, it comes out FIPN. This says to me that feeling is far more important to me than intuition.

My results, so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about:

Here's the quiz. I think it's pretty good as far as these things go:

http://16typequiz.com/quiz.html

(Oh and I watched your video. I lean ENFP for your type. You do the 'thinking the possibilities out loud' thing that I said was the way Ne converses.)

Today I was pretty assured I am an INFP. At school we have the lesson called "Psychology of communication" and we did a personality test at the end of the lesson. It wasn't an MBTI test, but the ressults were pretty similar. Different types of people, based on different styles of communication with their own selves and their traditions/social groups. I came out as "Spontaneous child type" ... Our professor analyzed every single test and based on my results he said that I am: highly creative, imaginative, spontaneous and also extremly sensitive and emotional. He also said I am slightly an intovert, which can be a problem for my high emotionality to express itself. I think this is basicly what being an INFP means... but I did the test from your link and you know what? this always happens to me and it just proove how tests suck... Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||||||| 42.42%
Extroversion (E): |||||||||||||| 57.58%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||||||| 85.29%
Sensation (S): |||| 14.71%

Thinking (T): ||||||||||||| 51.72%
Feeling (F): |||||||||||| 48.28%

Judging (J): | 3.57%
Perceiving (P): |||||||||||||||||||||||| 96.43%

I always score as ENTP in this kinds of tests... :dry:

B

brainheart

Today I was pretty assured I am an INFP. At school we have the lesson called "Psychology of communication" and we did a personality test at the end of the lesson. It wasn't an MBTI test, but the ressults were pretty similar. Different types of people, based on different styles of communication with their own selves and their traditions/social groups. I came out as "Spontaneous child type" ... Our professor analyzed every single test and based on my results he said that I am: highly creative, imaginative, spontaneous and also extremly sensitive and emotional. He also said I am slightly an intovert, which can be a problem for my high emotionality to express itself. I think this is basicly what being an INFP means... but I did the test from your link and you know what? this always happens to me and it just proove how tests suck... Your Preferences:
Introversion (I): ||||||||||| 42.42%
Extroversion (E): |||||||||||||| 57.58%

Intuition (N): ||||||||||||||||||||| 85.29%
Sensation (S): |||| 14.71%

Thinking (T): ||||||||||||| 51.72%
Feeling (F): |||||||||||| 48.28%

Judging (J): | 3.57%
Perceiving (P): |||||||||||||||||||||||| 96.43%

I always score as ENTP in this kinds of tests... :dry:

Spontaneous child type sounds more ENFP than INFP to me, honestly. Like I said, you're a 4w3, so you're emotional, sensitive and withdrawn which would make you a more introverted and emotional ENFP. I wonder what I would get on that test...

The results of the test I gave you reads PNET, or perceiving-intuitive-extroverted-thinking. Sounds like dominant extroverted perceiving to me (ENXP). You probably use your tertiary function, Te, a lot. It's kind of how I am lowest in N due to my use of my Si.

But I'm not going to tell you what type you are. I'm just saying what I get from the information you posted.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a ENTP, no way I can watch 22 minutes of a video, I see nothing definitive that makes me think one over the other. INFJs are the least J like of all the J types, your cognitive function stack sure points to INFP, looks wise I would say INFP but it's not like that's a science. No INFJ would wanna be an INFJ so that fact that you're not sure doesn't really help, if you SWORE you were an INFJ I'd be more likely to think you were an INFP (I know this didn't make sense but it did to me so back let it go).

Ahhhhh, flip a coin maybe?

Fi is a mystery to me for sure! Honestly, I would peg NFPs as the most varied of the MBTI types in terms of how they present. Are you a virgin and a vegetarian? If so I'm going to go with INFP as almost all seem to be vegetarians and I've know many that have held onto their virginity for dear life!

I haven't contributed shit have I? Damn, sorry /:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a ENTP, no way I can watch 22 minutes of a video, I see nothing definitive that makes me think one over the other. INFJs are the least J like of all the J types, your cognitive function stack sure points to INFP, looks wise I would say INFP but it's not like that's a science. No INFJ would wanna be an INFJ so that fact that you're not sure doesn't really help, if you SWORE you were an INFJ I'd be more likely to think you were an INFP (I know this didn't make sense but it did to me so back let it go).

Ahhhhh, flip a coin maybe?

Fi is a mystery to me for sure! Honestly, I would peg NFPs as the most varied of the MBTI types in terms of how they present. Are you a virgin and a vegetarian? If so I'm going to go with INFP as almost all seem to be vegetarians and I've know many that have held onto their virginity for dear life!

I haven't contributed shit have I? Damn, sorry /:

Okay I understand, that you can't watch video that long :D ... I wouldn't either, it's a problem for me to hold my attention still for longer than 10 minutes maybe... Of Course only if I am not doing something extremely interesting. Then I can hold my attention for longer time, than most of the people :D . But I don't understand your point about virginity, or vegetarianism... I don't think it has to do anything with the real type :D ... Well I am a normal 20 years old girl and I am not a virgin, even though I lost my virginity pretty late compared to other girls my age. And yes I am a vegetarian, but does it make necessarily an INFP? And I can't swore, that I am an INFJ if I am not sure of it...I might be and might not be an INFJ.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm thinking ENFP. But I would have to watch more of the video to be sure. My very first impression of you was ExFP and that was from some early posts you made. from your photos and facial expressions [I actually think that mannerisms can be a clue, not a tell all, but certainly a clue. I suppose it's what a lot of people call a vibe.] STILL, I will need to watch more of your video when I have the time. As for now, thus far, I'm thinking ENFP. Also, the results from your other test DO sound very ENFP like to me.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well...It's a bit hard for me to admit I am an ENFP, 'cause all the people I've ever felt close to are typed as INFPs (I mean musicians, artists). It's not just like I can like a few INFPs, it's like all the music and all peotry I've ever heard and read as the most personal and most close to what I feel/think is all made by INFPs.

B

brainheart

Are you a virgin and a vegetarian? If so I'm going to go with INFP as almost all seem to be vegetarians and I've know many that have held onto their virginity for dear life!

You've got to be kidding me.

B

brainheart

Well...It's a bit hard for me to admit I am an ENFP, 'cause all the people I've ever felt close to are typed as INFPs (I mean musicians, artists). It's not just like I can like a few INFPs, it's like all the music and all peotry I've ever heard and read as the most personal and most close to what I feel/think is all made by INFPs.

If it's any consolation one of my favorite musicians, and many of my favorite writers and directors are likely INFJs. And they all speak to me personally, and I feel very close to all of them. Different cognitive functions don't mean you don't have a similar heart :)

I would add several ISFPs and ENFPs to this list, too.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You've got to be kidding me.

Well, the vegetarian thing is a pretty common INFP joke, it's one of those funny cause it's true kind of things. I have known/met exactly 6 virgins (in the past 5 years) over the age of 30, all have been INFPs, must just be a coincident though so I will scratch that one from my list and chalk it up to chance.