• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] The Wolf of the Woods!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am the Wolf of the Woods!
Here me sing beautifully of my written goods!
Long I've followed my intuition,
So that you may enjoy my literary invention!
I create worlds in which my characters toil,
So the forces of evil don't squash goodness into the soil!
Wolves are basically good,
But they are so often misunderstood!
I choose a name wrongly imbued with such ire,
So I may inspire those who desire to write tales of fire!

—The Wolf of the Woods

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am the Wolf of the Woods!
Here me sing beautifully of my written goods!
Long I've followed my intuition,
So that you may enjoy my literary invention!
I create worlds in which my characters toil,
So the forces of evil don't squash goodness into the soil!
Wolves are basically good,
But they are so often misunderstood!
I choose a name wrongly imbued with such ire,
So I may inspire those who desire to write tales of fire!

—The Wolf of the Woods

What do you guys think? [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION]

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many days, it feels like I get on here to ramble and pass the time…

Anyway, The Wolf of the Woods is my pen name…

Starry

What do you guys think? [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] [MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=5871]Southern Kross[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=17729]Typh0n[/MENTION]

Young, busy ENFP. I must run some errands and I will return MQ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey sweets...as you know i responded in pm but for sure glad to see ya writing. :)

Starry

How long have you been writing MQ?

I started writing poetry when I was around your age... And now after many years of contests and judging I can tell you that I think you are on your way. Just keep writing and writing and writing... and take risks with your words. Toss them all up in the air a string them together in some strange new way over and over ...and watch what emerges as you age and mature.

I am reminded of Dr. Seuss. Countless people over...what? the last 50 years or so...have read his stories and have made the mistake of assuming writing verse or poetry or children's stories would be an easy under-taking... only to discover just how challenging it truly is (<-I've read about this 'Dr. Seuss phenomenon' but I've actually met a person irl that reported thinking a similar thing.) And while I do not know how much of anything can be attributed to 'natural talent'... no one wakes up one day and simply writes "Green Eggs and Ham."

Our styles are seemingly a bit different and my memory is poor but I think you are ahead of where I believe I was at your age. And I expect you to keep that a constant as we move forward in time. It's all in the risks :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How long have you been writing MQ?

I started writing poetry when I was around your age... And now after many years of contests and judging I can tell you that I think you are on your way. Just keep writing and writing and writing... and take risks with your words. Toss them all up in the air a string them together in some strange new way over and over ...and watch what emerges as you age and mature.

I am reminded of Dr. Seuss. Countless people over...what? the last 50 years or so...have read his stories and have made the mistake of assuming writing verse or poetry or children's stories would be an easy under-taking... only to discover just how challenging it truly is (<-I've read about this 'Dr. Seuss phenomenon' but I've actually met a person irl that reported thinking a similar thing.) And while I do not know how much of anything can be attributed to 'natural talent'... no one wakes up one day and simply writes "Green Eggs and Ham."

Our styles are seemingly a bit different and my memory is poor but I think you are ahead of where I believe I was at your age. And I expect you to keep that a constant as we move forward in time. It's all in the risks :)

I have been writing since middle school, and I have won multiple awards. I have also won awards for my paintings and sculptures.
I've wanted to learn music, too, but I've devoted so much time to perfecting my other crafts, it's something I'll need to learn later...

Quite simply, I love to create...
My mother and step-father are very unsupportive though.
My step-father calls me horrible and hits me just to do so...
And my mother says creative types are very common and I am just average and should pursue a conventional career...
It really warms my heart that you think I'm good.

I have my awards, but to hear somebody tell me directly how good I am...
That is worth something...

I just ate a pizza. I love pizza...

Starry

I have been writing since middle school, and I have won multiple awards. I have also won awards for my paintings and sculptures.
I've wanted to learn music, too, but I've devoted so much time to perfecting my other crafts, it's something I'll need to learn later...

And my mother says creative types are very common and I am just average and should pursue a conventional career...

I keep coming back to this...like 3 times in the last half-hour because I know there's something I want to say but the words are escaping me.

I know I wanted to tell you that I too love pizza - that was one of the main points I wanted to touch on...

And I think the other thing is just...try not to put too much stock into what other people say...positive or negative...with regards to your work. I know that will be a little more challenging for a so-dom...but it's true that the only opinion that matters is your own. <-you know, we're all spoonfed that adage from such an early age...as if merely hearing it over and over will allow for the absorption of that message in an environment where most of the signs and symbols seem to render it absolutely false. Still, it is true. It is a call to operate entirely on your own instincts and produce work that is pure and unadulterated by the opinions of others and subsequently your own ego.

There were two times at my former place of employment that I entered a national poetry contest representing them...not myself as an individual but them...and there was a large cash prize to be had which was to be given as scholarships to low income individuals (<-which is the only reason I did it because most of the people I worked with sucked-ass.) On the day of the submission many of my ass-sucking co-workers asked to see my poem...And I can still see all the looks of horror in my mind. The looks of disgust, of no confidence or just plain confusion. I mean, the ESFJs and ISFJs weren't even playing it off in front of me and then talking about me behind my back like they did with my clothes... No, in front of me they were unable to hide how much they disliked my work. But I submitted it...and blew the fricken contest out of the water. Of every contest I've entered and award I've taken...this I won by the largest margin. Promise me you will never listen to your mom or step-dad or me or anyone else's opinion. Ever. Go on instinct alone.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I keep coming back to this...like 3 times in the last half-hour because I know there's something I want to say but the words are escaping me.

I know I wanted to tell you that I too love pizza - that was one of the main points I wanted to touch on...

And I think the other thing is just...try not to put too much stock into what other people say...positive or negative...with regards to your work. I know that will be a little more challenging for a so-dom...but it's true that the only opinion that matters is your own. <-you know, we're all spoonfed that adage from such an early age...as if merely hearing it over and over will allow for the absorption of that message in an environment where most of the signs and symbols seem to render it absolutely false. Still, it is true. It is a call to operate entirely on your own instincts and produce work that is pure and unadulterated by the opinions of others and subsequently your own ego.

There were two times at my former place of employment that I entered a national poetry contest representing them...not myself as an individual but them...and there was a large cash prize to be had which was to be given as scholarships to low income individuals (<-which is the only reason I did it because most of the people I worked with sucked-ass.) On the day of the submission many of my ass-sucking co-workers asked to see my poem...And I can still see all the looks of horror in my mind. The looks of disgust, of no confidence or just plain confusion. I mean, the ESFJs and ISFJs weren't even playing it off in front of me and then talking about me behind my back like they did with my clothes... No, in front of me they were unable to hide how much they disliked my work. But I submitted it...and blew the fricken contest out of the water. Of every contest I've entered and award I've taken...this I won by the largest margin. Promise me you will never listen to your mom or step-dad or me or anyone else's opinion. Ever. Go on instinct alone.

I promise.
I will be using the pen name The Wolf of the Woods.
My desire to create gives me another reason to teach--if creative types truly are common, I need a steady job with lots of time off I can use to support myself until I write or paint something notable. My mother hasn't stopped me, but she has influenced me to have a safety net in place...

Starry

I promise.
I will be using the pen name The Wolf of the Woods.
My desire to create gives me another reason to teach--if creative types truly are common, I need a steady job with lots of time off I can use to support myself until I write or paint something notable. My mother hasn't stopped me, but she has influenced me to have a safety net in place...

It is always smart to have a back-up plan multiple plans when it comes to your own livelihood. But you take this on as a way of generating more opportunities for yourself. Not out of a fear of failure.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It is always smart to have a back-up plan multiple plans when it comes to your own livelihood. But you take this on as a way of generating more opportunities for yourself. Not out of a fear of failure.

Perhaps I could get inspiration from topics I teach in my class...
I'll need to teach something where there is a constant influx of new ideas, though...
Something where every year is different..

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hey Magic! Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond on this thread.

First of all, I think it's beautiful that you love to create. I think that alone speaks for itself. You gotta do it, and you should do it. However you want or can or however feels right and does for you what you need. Writing is a lovely way to create, in my opinion. I wish I were better at writing creatively, and have always felt that I had some kind of like constipated creative writing thing unable to be realized. I think I just over-think.

It's hard to create things from your heart, put yourself out there, and get no support. It can be really hurtful and kind of make you doubt yourself and a great number of other terrible things. Just keep checking in with yourself. Do you still love it? Is it still yours and from you? If so, then it's good. If not, then that's where the opportunity for personal growth comes in, and that's exciting too.

Keep writing, Magic. I'd love to read anything you care to share. You have a palpable spirit about you that I just love to see shine.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey Magic! Sorry it's taken a while for me to respond on this thread.

First of all, I think it's beautiful that you love to create. I think that alone speaks for itself. You gotta do it, and you should do it. However you want or can or however feels right and does for you what you need. Writing is a lovely way to create, in my opinion. I wish I were better at writing creatively, and have always felt that I had some kind of like constipated creative writing thing unable to be realized. I think I just over-think.

It's hard to create things from your heart, put yourself out there, and get no support. It can be really hurtful and kind of make you doubt yourself and a great number of other terrible things. Just keep checking in with yourself. Do you still love it? Is it still yours and from you? If so, then it's good. If not, then that's where the opportunity for personal growth comes in, and that's exciting too.

Keep writing, Magic. I'd love to read anything you care to share. You have a palpable spirit about you that I just love to see shine.

I still love it, though I now feel far more detached from it as opposed what I used feel...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still love it, though I now feel far more detached from it as opposed what I used feel...

What do you think has changed? What used to make you feel attached?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think has changed? What used to make you feel attached?

I don't know...
I just feel like nobody really cares about something unless it is concrete and practical...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know...
I just feel like nobody really cares about something unless it is concrete and practical...

False.

That's like what art is. It's the beauty and freedom in it. It doesn't have to be practical, so it can be anything it wants.

People throughout time in all places have appreciated art. It's important.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
False.

That's like what art is. It's the beauty and freedom in it. It doesn't have to be practical, so it can be anything it wants.

People throughout time in all places have appreciated art. It's important.

:)
Thank you...
I'm unsure about whether or not I should have art as my main career, as I don't want it to turn into something that I do because I have to...

Half the time when I write anymore, it's simply because I think an idea sounds fun. Nobody ever gets it if I try to put in a deeper meaning...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:)
Thank you...
I'm unsure about whether or not I should have art as my main career, as I don't want it to turn into something that I do because I have to...

Half the time when I write anymore, it's simply because I think an idea sounds fun. Nobody ever gets it if I try to put in a deeper meaning...

Yeah, I feel like it works for some people, but I don't think I could make art my career (even if I were good enough at anything, which I'm not). I can become resentful of work sometimes, and I think I'd prefer to keep my art separate to kind of balance that out.

Also, in this day and age, there are so many ways to share your work through technology or the internet or whatever. It might be cool to like start a blog or something and just put it all there. Make it public, let people check it out and stuff. I dunno, just brainstorming : )

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION]

I personally dont think creative types are that common. But you have to look at it with some perspective. In our society lots of people are born geniuses. And yes, there are alot of creative types, but not more than any type of talent. I like to create as well, I write poetry too, song lyrics, draw, paint( not well, at least not with watercolors, my acrylics are ok), and play the keyboard.

I like your poem, especially the use of the word "ire". Reminds me of old English and Germanic words used in poetry, and I think they speak of mystery much more than Latin or Greek word choices.

You just have to persist. Stay on your path of creativity, I can tell you with my life experience that persistance pays off, I see it all the time.