• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Is wanting to be a father an NF guy thing?

Is wanting to be a father from a fairly early age an NF guy thing?

• Total voters

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for the yet-to-exist-child or for yourself?

I want to raise a happy, healthy person to make myself feel better. I will support their aspirations, and be sure to be memorable.

A strongly held belief of mine is that children should be treated well, too.

The answer will ultimately be both.

I don't want to die childless…

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think it's a human thing. I've known men of all types who have known early on they wanted to be dads. I wouldn't have dated anyone that wasn't pretty sure of it early on and I ended up with an NT. I think HelenOfTroy is right when she says the reasons for wanting it may be specific to type, though. Your reasoning does seem like specifically NF reasoning.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My ISFJ wants kids - two kids - he voiced that early in our relationship when we were talking about our childhoods and what kind of families we'd like to create in the future. I think it's been a longstanding ideal of his.

I would imagine it is a common desire among both NF and SFJ men.

:D
Alright, I am glad I'm not the only one…

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey sorry for not answering this...i just have no idea...i'm thinking it's not tho

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hey sorry for not answering this...i just have no idea...i'm thinking it's not tho

OK.
I think part of it is I want to give somebody something what I was deprived of. I've read my father's journal, looked at old memories, and decided he had to have been an ENFP Sx/So 7w6...couldn't have been anything else...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah i know how hard it is that he's not here and i get that feeling...and you will. you'll be amazing at it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah i know how hard it is that he's not here and i get that feeling...and you will. you'll be amazing at it.

Thank you for your empathy...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for your empathy...

:hug: i actually have been there ya know...i know it's hard and any time you loose family members like that it's going to make you value it so much more.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hug: i actually have been there ya know...i know it's hard and any time you loose family members like that it's going to make you value it so much more.
That is so true!
By the way, what is the girl in your sig doing? lol...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
she's just feeling her music magic don't concern yourself with her. :laugh:

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
I think your wish to be a father can stem from you losing one at a young age and not having one since then (based off of your narrative if that is true). Instead of pondering on it being an "NF" thing why not introspect a bit? Think why you would want to be a father to some girl/boy?