• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Do I seem like an ENFP? (Video)

S

Stansmith

I feel like a bit of a downer compared to most ENFPs on youtube who are all WACKY(!) and shit, makes me wonder if I have Se-Ni instead of Ne. I relate to their energy, but something seems off. What do you think?

I smack my lips alot.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah ya do. you're actually super likeable. you gotta start believing that about yourself man!
you're cool...and i totally relate to your feeling like you seem like an introvert but your energy is directed outward. i feel the same way.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. I can be super chill and self-reflecty too, and I relate to a lot of your responses. Around my teens-early 20s I developed an even less bubbly demeanor than I had before and have now. It's almost like I've accepted myself again without fear of coming off like a dummy just cuz I'm enthusiastic. I've always been very curious about myself and asked lots of input from others about their outside observations. It's like I'm so in analyze mode that I can't see things for what they really are so I need outside input. Maybe you can relate to that?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree. I can be super chill and self-reflecty too, and I relate to a lot of your responses. Around my teens-early 20s I developed an even less bubbly demeanor than I had before and have now. It's almost like I've accepted myself again without fear of coming off like a dummy just cuz I'm enthusiastic. I've always been very curious about myself and asked lots of input from others about their outside observations. It's like I'm so in analyze mode that I can't see things for what they really are so I need outside input. Maybe you can relate to that?
I can...

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Yup! You seem like a potential ENFP to me :) And you are not at all a downer. ENFPs can be a lot less bubbly than Internet descriptions make them sound, although, I think they feel the love inside. I think FJs tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves more than FPs.

I relate to this too, nicolita! I like hearing other people's observations and getting their input - sometimes people mistake that for you not being confident about yourself because they don't seek input from others that much but that couldn't be further from the truth. Ns love analysis, I guess.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like a bit of a downer compared to most ENFPs on youtube who are all WACKY(!) and shit, makes me wonder if I have Se-Ni instead of Ne. I relate to their energy, but something seems off. What do you think?

I smack my lips alot.

Guy, when I watch you you answered almost every question the same way as I would! I also read some posts from your NF blog here and I have to say I pretty much deal with the same problems, so I can relate to you pretty much. It's also hard for me to catagorize just as an ENFP, or just as 4, but I guess you're trying to find something that is not in MBTI. And I did this too, so I understand you, but I feel like you think MBTI shows you a way of life, or tells who you are so you wouldn't have to be confused? It can't... It's just functions with whom your mind is processing the enviroment, so it can't tell you who you are, or who you are not. Also why did you change to ennea 6? You're 4w3, because you sound like me! :D :D Lame argument I know... :D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yup! You seem like a potential ENFP to me :) And you are not at all a downer. ENFPs can be a lot less bubbly than Internet descriptions make them sound, although, I think they feel the love inside. I think FJs tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves more than FPs.

I relate to this too, nicolita! I like hearing other people's observations and getting their input - sometimes people mistake that for you not being confident about yourself because they don't seek input from others that much but that couldn't be further from the truth. Ns love analysis, I guess.

Interesting about FPs and FJs showing their feelings in different proportions. I definitely get that self-curious feeling from you too. I don't know if that's typical of all Ns though. Maybe a combination of N and something else? I dunno, but I feel like I want you to go further with this line of thought.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Interesting about FPs and FJs showing their feelings in different proportions. I definitely get that self-curious feeling from you too. I don't know if that's typical of all Ns though. Maybe a combination of N and something else? I dunno, but I feel like I want you to go further with this line of thought.
Mmhmm, I think there is a difference with the way FPs and FJs show their feelings. I'm not a believer in the cognitive function theory (i.e. that there are introverted or extroverted variants of the functions), but I do believe that perceiving/judging has an effect on the way one expresses F. The big difference, I think, is that I notice FPs observing people much more often than intervening to change their emotional state, whereas I have an uncontrollable desire to change "sad" to "happy" in others. You know? It's a very quick reaction. My observation of INFPs and ENFPs in comparison to myself is that they are seemingly more "detached," not because they don't feel sympathy but because they don't have that instinctual need to intervene quite as often.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you've looked into the socionics quadra, but here's an interesting link:
http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

I have this suspicion that I'm actually INFJ, even though I can be chatty and interested in others. If that's true, then we'd both be "delta quadra" types, and it says that delta quadra types like discussing internal motivation and self-development.

CaddyQuinn

MBTI Type
ENFP
As an ENFP male I notice a lot of ups and downs. The bigger and longer the Highs the same result with the lows. With close friends I am bubbly and social, with strangers I'm quiet. I hear ENFP's are the most introverted of the Extroverts. Not sure if it's true, but it sure feels like it. After each question you look around for answers and sort of expand on your answers when you let the information out into the external world. That's Ne IMO. You seem like an ENFP to me because I can relate to a lot of things you do.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
NFPs seem to have more difference between them than other types due to the Fi I'm guessing. An e6 wouldn't seem as "fun" or whatever as an e7 or 4 so that may be it. Try to find an e6 ENFO to compare to, if you are a 6 that is.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mmhmm, I think there is a difference with the way FPs and FJs show their feelings. I'm not a believer in the cognitive function theory (i.e. that there are introverted or extroverted variants of the functions), but I do believe that perceiving/judging has an effect on the way one expresses F. The big difference, I think, is that I notice FPs observing people much more often than intervening to change their emotional state, whereas I have an uncontrollable desire to change "sad" to "happy" in others. You know? It's a very quick reaction. My observation of INFPs and ENFPs in comparison to myself is that they are seemingly more "detached," not because they don't feel sympathy but because they don't have that instinctual need to intervene quite as often.

Hmm, I'm not sure if you've looked into the socionics quadra, but here's an interesting link:
http://www.socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

I have this suspicion that I'm actually INFJ, even though I can be chatty and interested in others. If that's true, then we'd both be "delta quadra" types, and it says that delta quadra types like discussing internal motivation and self-development.

I read about the quadra, and it's an interesting theory. I always wondered what those cool black and white symbols meant with the socionics types.

I gotta admit, I didn't connect with all of what they were saying. Maybe since they're broader (encompassing many types), they're not meant to cut to the core. I definitely have a strong drive toward self-development and self-actualization. I want to me my best and truest self, and actively seek out ways to explore that and work on it. I might relate to "earthy humor" if I knew more about it. I like the way it sounds, anyway haha!

I don't think I value pragmatism as much as was being focused on though. I very much choose beauty or novelty/experience over function in a lot of areas. I don't have a good winter coat because I keep finding beautiful wool peacoats that just aren't warm enough. I am drawn toward beautiful old homes with original fixtures over a well-built newer home with new, more reliable fixtures. I prefer to go on trips or 'out and about' without a purpose or direction, and just wander around soaking in whatever happens rather than having a purpose or destination.

INFJ, huh? Interesting! Gosh, I wish I was better at picking that kind of thing up with just internet interactions. I feel clueless! I do connect with the INFJ I know, and from what I've gathered the E/I difference when all the other functions are the same usually results in a very similar function stack.

Ah! I almost forgot to talk about functions! I have connected most with individual functions than any other typology. Ne, Fi, and Te make so much sense to me when I read about them and think about my life. Have you read about ENFJ and INFJ functions specifically?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read about the quadra, and it's an interesting theory. I always wondered what those cool black and white symbols meant with the socionics types.

I gotta admit, I didn't connect with all of what they were saying. Maybe since they're broader (encompassing many types), they're not meant to cut to the core. I definitely have a strong drive toward self-development and self-actualization. I want to me my best and truest self, and actively seek out ways to explore that and work on it. I might relate to "earthy humor" if I knew more about it. I like the way it sounds, anyway haha!

I don't think I value pragmatism as much as was being focused on though. I very much choose beauty or novelty/experience over function in a lot of areas. I don't have a good winter coat because I keep finding beautiful wool peacoats that just aren't warm enough. I am drawn toward beautiful old homes with original fixtures over a well-built newer home with new, more reliable fixtures. I prefer to go on trips or 'out and about' without a purpose or direction, and just wander around soaking in whatever happens rather than having a purpose or destination.

INFJ, huh? Interesting! Gosh, I wish I was better at picking that kind of thing up with just internet interactions. I feel clueless! I do connect with the INFJ I know, and from what I've gathered the E/I difference when all the other functions are the same usually results in a very similar function stack.

Ah! I almost forgot to talk about functions! I have connected most with individual functions than any other typology. Ne, Fi, and Te make so much sense to me when I read about them and think about my life. Have you read about ENFJ and INFJ functions specifically?

Ill probably change back to ENFP, since I still see a lot of that F in me.
I just think the roles I force myself to conform to drive me a little crazy sometimes. You know, you have to conform sometimes, though...even if it hurts...

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

Haha, I always wonder about those symbols too! :) I still haven't looked up what they mean, but they are amusing to look at in the meantime. Interesting that you don't identify with it that much! Although, so much of these things are left to interpretation, and I think I may have had a different interpretation of it than you - I read it more along the lines that the delta quadra prefer to leave people to their own devices as much as possible and be pragmatic in the sense that there's less expectation for people to abandon their own preferences in order to be involved in the group, etc.

Hmm, my INFJ estimation for myself is more because I don't quite connect with ENFJs completely. I get the sense from ENFJs that they think that if a person's opinion could offend other people, whether they're right or wrong, it would be best for them to keep quiet. I deeply disagree with that, for one thing. Plus, many people in my family sure are convinced that I'm an introvert. I do make friends easily (I think because I'm just friendly in general) and if I'm not connecting with anyone around me, it can be disconcerting - but I also tend to form deep bonds with a few people much more so than lots of less intimate bonds.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Wow now I'll never know [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] because you removed the video.

S

Stansmith

Ill probably change back to ENFP, since I still see a lot of that F in me.
I just think the roles I force myself to conform to drive me a little crazy sometimes. You know, you have to conform sometimes, though...even if it hurts...

Look into Fe vs Fi, that's the only way you'll know for sure.