• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Se] Se Behaviour When Stressed

Lykourgus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm currently struggling with certain function analyses. And after reading somewhere that your inferior function tends to be the one you resort to when stressed, I asked myself what I do when stressed. Usually, I feel a tribal need to go outside - away from people - in nature. This would suggest that I use Se as my inferior function. And eventhough I have a tendancy to like staying at home and surfing the web all day, I do enjoy being in the middle of nowhere just breathing the fresh air and hearing the sound of leaves, especially when stressed. So, since INFJs have Se as their inferior function, I wondered if this resonated with any of you.

Last edited:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread might be helpful in clarifying how Inferior Se manifests in INJs, [MENTION=19662]Lykourgus[/MENTION]. My experience with Inferior Fi is that I'm less conscious of the Fi-type things that I do that are on an outlet for me, or their necessity to my psychological well-being. I've always been pretty involved in the arts, but their significance to me is oddly compartmentalized.

On the other hand, I'm very much aware of the things that relate to my tert Se valve. I love to dance, for instance, and partied a lot to when I was younger as a way to relieve stress. Your description in the OP sounds more like Si, frankly, than Se. And that you have more of a conscious awareness of it points to it in the tertiary position.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Se dominance (ESXP)

it gets bigger and louder
more impulsive and hedonistic
more attention seeking
more shit stirring

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm currently struggling with certain function analyses. And after reading somewhere that your inferior function tends to be the one you resort to when stressed, I asked myself what I do when stressed. Usually, I feel a tribal need to go outside - away from people - in nature. This would suggest that I use Se as my inferior function. And eventhough I have a tendancy to like staying at home and surfing the web all day, I do enjoy being in the middle of nowhere just breathing the fresh air and hearing the sound of leaves, especially when stressed. So, since INFJs have Se as their inferior function, I wondered if this resonated with any of you.

This is my stress response too. And nature is awesome to improve mood, both when stressed or just all the time. I think it's just a human/introvert thing. :)

My inferior is Fe and I definitely don't want anything to do with other people when I'm stressed, just leave me the hell alone. I've never really agreed with the theories about when inferior functions come out, anyway. Doesn't really make sense to me.

W

WALMART

I think your understanding of inferiors needs some tuning.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I do a bunch of self-indulgent things under stress that I wouldn't normally - buying make-up I don't need or celebrity magazines like People, eating stuff that's bad for me, staying up really late, doing a compulsive circle of checking email, checking facebook, checking typec over and over even though I know there's nothing there right then and I should go to bed, sleeping too much, putting off easy decisions and so on.

When I'm dealing with it in a more healthy way, I go for walks outside, I listen to music that makes me feel better and I take care of myself more.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Not Se, but I also enjoy nature whenever I'm stressed, especially mountaineering. Reaching the top of *insert any mountain above 2000 metres* is usually my way of recharing batteries.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Overindulgence in music, food, sensory pleasures.
Anger towards the outer world.
Aggression, moodiness....

Inferior Se rollercoaster. lol

Sunny Ghost

Having an appreciation for the outdoors doesn't necessarily make you Se.

Being outdoors has a zen affect on any type.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Being Se can be really fun sometimes, but most of the time at least places I am at, it's not very pleasant and people get ticked off easily, and my Fe stops me in my tracks fast and lets down some people haha. :( It usually comes after overindulging in Ni-Ti mode.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I do, too...
That is why I actually felt anger when they built the forest behind me into a subdivision...
That was my sanctum...

I virtually never get TRULY angry about anything, rather feeling pity first...
But that got me...

At least they kept a little swath...
but it's next to a cemetary, so it reminds me of death...