• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Am I INFP or INFJ?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And for what its worth, the source of my information is experience. I also run a typing business where people call me and I walk them through a process of questions so that they arrive at a type on their own. I have a lot of experience in identifying what personalities actually look like.

Our experiences & observations are not any less valid just cuz we don't charge people for it.

And yes, it is true I am a socionics officionaire. From my point of view, [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] is a part of the "make mbti whatever the hell you want it to be" school of thought.

No. I have probably read more than you on MBTI and Jungian psychological types. I frequently reference other sources when making assertions, and I've yet to see you do that.

And wouldn't you and your "subjective Ti logic" be making it whatever the hell you want it to be? I thought Te means I just go by the book? Oh wait - that's a gross over-simplification, isn't it?

Socionics does not equal MBTI. It not use the same function definitions. It took some ideas from Jung & went in another direction.... the way it describes introverted judging functions directly contradicts much of what Jung says about them. It describes feeling as emotional responses & expression, when Jung clearly says that's not what it is.

That's fine if you want to use the Socionics model, but since it's not the same as MBTI or Jungian theory, then for the sake of clarity be open about what you're referring to. The functions are not the same in both theories. Because this forum started out with a focus on MBTI, that's the default interpretation for these terms.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
about socionics...the first test i took said i was an INTP lol

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

why would you assume that? I think if you met me in real life, there'd be no question. I'm an extremely introverted person. I can pretend to be more outgoing as situations require, but it's hardly natural for me.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Our experiences & observations are not any less valid just cuz we don't charge people for it.

No. I have probably read more than you on MBTI and Jungian psychological types. I frequently reference other sources when making assertions, and I've yet to see you do that.

And wouldn't you and your "subjective Ti logic" be making it whatever the hell you want it to be? I thought Te means I just go by the book? Oh wait - that's a gross over-simplification, isn't it?

Socionics does not equal MBTI. It not use the same function definitions. It took some ideas from Jung & went in another direction.... the way it describes introverted judging functions directly contradicts much of what Jung says about them. It describes feeling as emotional responses & expression, when Jung clearly says that's not what it is.

That's fine if you want to use the Socionics model, but since it's not the same as MBTI or Jungian theory, then for the sake of clarity be open about what you're referring to. The functions are not the same in both theories. Because this forum started out with a focus on MBTI, that's the default interpretation for these terms.

I would like to see the sources of your functional definitions.

Also, you're missing the point. I'm not correct because I charge people money. I don't use authority fallacies in my arguments. I'm correct because I ask a lot of people questions and they give me genuine answers. They arrive at their own conclusions, and I learn a great deal in talking to them. I have more real life hands on experience than most people here.

me: are you an objectivist?
them: no
me: hmm, that excludes these things. are you one of these things?
them: yes
me: ok. what about this?

etc.

Frankly, I don't even need to know anything about myers briggs to run my business, lmao. That still doesn't discredit my experience and what I know with the 3 hours conversations with the several dozen clients I've had.

Yeah, Ti makes things up. But it doesn't proclaim them as truth until they yield objective and predictable results. Just because I have Ti doesn't mean access to Te is blocked off. Its not like einstein just slipped in the shower and came up with the theory of relativity after returning from a day of elementary school.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still waiting for an explanation on how I could possibly be an Extrovert.

The only possible way is if I were an ENFP with asperger's. But I've really come to question the extent of my autism spectrum disorder recently, or whether it even exists in me.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Still waiting for an explanation on how I could possibly be an Extrovert.

The only possible way is if I were an ENFP with asperger's. But I've really come to question the extent of my autism spectrum disorder recently, or whether it even exists in me.

Extroversion has to do with the orientation of your dominant function, not the frequency in which you speak to people. Many, many extroverts mistype as introverts. Especially ENTP's and ENTJ's. Especially myself. Especially ENFJ's and ENFP's. Super especially ENTJ's. I know a great many enfp's who think they are INFJ. I know many ENTP's who think they are INTJ. I know many ESFJ's who are actually ISFP's, etc. Even ESTP's and ISTJ's get mixed up on occasion.

Often times when people only sorta identify with the first 3 letters and can't choose the 4th, extroversion/introversion is the deciding factor.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty certain my dominant function is my introverted feeling.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would like to see the sources of your functional definitions.

Also, you're missing the point. I'm not correct because I charge people money. I don't use authority fallacies in my arguments. I'm correct because I ask a lot of people questions and they give me genuine answers.

excuse me, just for curiosity, no 2nd meaning here: did you actually go to uni or take any course or degree or certification on MBTI/socionics/Whatever? Or does your credibility come only from what you said above?

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm picking up on Fi and Ne for sure, I could give you reasons your avatar (provided that's actually you), the way you write and in all honesty, your inability to decide. 4w5 is the most common for both so that's not really of any help but my call is INFP.

Also, no INFJ wants to be an INFJ because well, that shit's terminal, if you tell an INFJ they may be another type I'm guessing they would get excited. So your uncertainty says INFP to me, I don't think your lives are any easier but INFPs seem to be able to tune it out better with the dominant Fi. But shit, what do I know /: You should call somebody that's good at typing, 5 minutes on the phone with you and I could rule this out.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I could choose to be any type, I'd be INTJ :wink:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm getting zero INFJ or INTP vibes from you.

You seem very much INFP. That's the rather unscientific conclusion, anyway.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
excuse, just for curiosity, no 2nd meaning here: did you actually go to uni or take any course or degree or certification on MBTI/socionics/Whatever? Or does your credibility come only from what you said above?

I went to marlin brando's school of typology. I have a doctorate.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One time I was out with my wife and some friends. She said something that hurt my feelings and embarrassed me. I suddenly became very quiet and sulked the rest of the night. Our friends obviously knew something was wrong and the whole mood was basically soured because I was butthurt over some stupid comment.

Would that reaction be more typical for INFP or INFJ?

Or does the fact that I was so sensitive to begin with indicate one or the other?

INFP!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=19700]Lyedecker[/MENTION]

Have you considered making a video where people can see your mannerisms, communication style and body language? That might be helpful.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting, but I've already settled this.