• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Meeting ENFPs

sculpting

Yeah.

"The morality of the intuitive is governed neither by intellect nor by feeling; he has his own characteristic morality, which consists in a loyalty to his intuitive view of things and a voluntary submission to its authority, Consideration for the welfare of his neighbours is weak. No solid argument hinges upon their well-being any more than upon his own. Neither can we detect in him any great respect for his neighbour's convictions and customs; in fact, he is not infrequently put down as an immoral and ruthless adventurer. Since his intuition is largely concerned with outer objects, scenting out external possibilities, he readily applies himself to callings wherein he may expand his abilities in many directions. Merchants, contractors, speculators, agents, politicians, etc., commonly belong to this type... If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise."

There is more to say about the type of character involved when extraverted intuition is at play, of course. But these facets do supply a cause worthy of proper ascription... it goes beyond the 'understanding' of potential (as is typically correlated with Ne), to being consumed by potential at deep levels of the psyche. Lady X actually touched on that,

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, for the record. I agree with Jung's assessment, "It is at once clear, both from the standpoint of political economy and on grounds of general culture, that such a type is uncommonly important." I just don't think many people see it for what it really is, and by extension, fail to see the other functions for what they really are.

Given all this information, I think you can find ENFP's at political rallies moreso than any other place, statistically.
I recall reading this quote by Jung and noting it was much more descriptive of the entp than enfp- we can have some of these negative traits as well as others he mentioned, but I get the feeling he didn't quite understand enfps very well. Unterestingly, Jung had an affair later on in life with a presumed enfp- his excuse to his wife was that he needed to explore his anima....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you dont consider it worth the investment and prefer having conflicts, you could certainly keep to your lack of F-awareness style of argumentation.

I think I remember reading that ESTPs like a little conflict. So I don't think he's being mean-spirited, just having fun with you guys the best way he knows how.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:wubbie: For whatever reason Rasofy your communication style never bothers me. Most NTP communication occasionally does. The way you communicate and my (ISFJ) boyfriend communicate are similarish. Maybe in part some kind of Ti/sp overlap, I dunno. Informative, chill, funny, with sincerity.
Oh sky, that's great to know. :heart:

I admire how willing you are to understand other people's perspectives, and also the way you are able to be assertive without ever sounding patronizing or excessive. Props. :)