• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Meeting ENFPs

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
nothing. although I am sensing a bit of defensiveness. relax.

That wasn't defensiveness, that was curiosity.

I like to verify whether or not the people I'm speaking to have the mind to take people for what they are instead of what others have told them to think.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, the way I worded that was pretty incoherent.

I mean that DJ has insights about ENFPs that are true for him, but they aren't necessarily universal truth, or don't match up with other people's conclusions.

That doesn't make them less true, just means you guys should all try to find some common ground on this. Otherwise we're just beating a dead horse at this point.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That wasn't defensiveness, that was curiosity.

I like to verify whether or not the people I'm speaking to have the mind to take people for what they are instead of what others have told them to think.

No one has told me what to think of you. I can come to my own conclusions. I've noticed others seem annoyed with you. I'm not yet prepared to make a judgement and will do so in my own time.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
No one has told me what to think of you. I can come to my own conclusions. I've noticed others seem annoyed with you. I'm not yet prepared to make a judgement and will do so in my own time.

not the answer I was looking for but ok. I was more curious as to what kind of stereotypes ESTP's hold in your eyes.

as for universal truth... we're talking about a pseudo science. The only "difference in truths" I can see being valid are the subjective opinions of personality types.

Where one person views an ESTP as a shining beacon of light, another sees them as grotesque monsters. Is that what you're talking about? I don't understand what "multiple truths" means.

There can only be one!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not the answer I was looking for but ok. I was more curious as to what kind of stereotypes ESTP's hold in your eyes.

I've never professed to be an expert or know that much about types and I've spent less time reading about ESTPs than I've spent on some of the other types. My general idea of them is that they are enterprising "people persons" who tend to function well in administrative roles.

as for universal truth... we're talking about a pseudo science. The only "difference in truths" I can see being valid are the subjective opinions of personality types.

Where one person views an ESTP as a shining beacon of light, another sees them as grotesque monsters. Is that what you're talking about? I don't understand what "multiple truths" means.

I didn't mean to imply that there are universal truths regarding typology. I think there are multiple truths to be found. There is truth in what you say, but there is just as much truth to be found in what your dissenters are saying

There can only be one!

if I didn't know better, I'd read that as something an SJ might say LOL

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've never professed to be an expert or know that much about types and I've spent less time reading about ESTPs than I've spent on some of the other types. My general idea of them is that they are enterprising "people persons" who tend to function well in administrative roles.

*spits coffee*

You must be thinking about ESTJ's.

If by "administrative" you actually meant "rape and pillaging" then yes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Makes sense now. I can see why and ESTP might clash with NF types. NFs like to leave things a little open, not form concrete and final judgements, whereas it might be more in your nature to seek final, unalterable proof and answers. Am I right?

S

Stansmith

ygZSd.gif

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*spits coffee*

My dad's (probably) an ESTJ. You can imagine how that went for me growing up as a daydreaming, wussy INFP.

But I think ESTPs and ESTJs are both well suited for management roles, so long as they are willing to remain open to others' suggestions and needs.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Makes sense now. I can see why and ESTP might clash with NF types. NFs like to leave things a little open, not form concrete and final judgements, whereas it might be more in your nature to seek final, unalterable proof and answers. Am I right?

Yes.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*spits coffee*

My dad's (probably) an ESTJ. You can imagine how that went for me growing up as a daydreaming, wussy INFP.

But I think ESTPs and ESTJs are both well suited for management roles, so long as they are willing to remain open to others' suggestions and needs.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe that's why NFs are such goddamn philosophers. We like to ask questions but we can't make our minds up.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just love reading these debates. ...noticing the type of language used by the different types..

this is when the anthropologist inside of me is the most happy

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
THANK YOU!

I give practical advice. And when I give very specific locations, I suppose it sounds like I'm making judgements.

Yeah I suppose so. The OP wanted to find out exactly where to find ENFP's. I gave a very straightforward answer, albeit with a hint of implied mockery with the absolute ridiculousness that ENFP's are.

[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] and DJArendee

:D Isn't it highly ironic and amusing to see that ENFPs are all over you when you do not properly utilize the 'emotional' language we find so crucial. Especially considering the way Ti-users can crawl up your ass about grammar, spelling, definitions of words, double meanings and other logical fallacy crap in our posts.

You may find it irrelevant, just as I do when Im forced to cross the Ts and dotting the I's for Ti users as I feel they should be able to get what I mean without seemingly purposefully misinterpreting my argument. But others consider the impact a lot more severe than you. It is up to you of course, but I too had to plug the holes in my explanations and work at delivering a proper Ti-approved argument. Perhaps you should do the same for F-style communication if you don't wanna keep running into this problem time and time again, and getting frustrated. Whether you see it or not, your wording smacked of disdain, and reeked of serious bias. And yes, that will trigger Fi-users every damned time. So perhaps we just stumbled upon the reason you trigger NFPs so :shrug:

It is your choice of course. If you dont consider it worth the investment and prefer having conflicts, you could certainly keep to your lack of F-awareness style of argumentation.

Starry

Personally, I think some ENFPs might be reading too much into things.

It's like unless we mention either an intellectual sort of place or a totally generic one (thus, actively avoiding the 'wacky' ENFP stereotype), it must mean we have a low opinion on them.

Totally thought we had already gone through this but okay...

The only places you will ever find ENFPs: (or say are good places to find ENFPs if that question is ever asked of you)

1.) Louvre
2.) Steven Hawking's office
3.) NASA
4.) The Pentagon
5.) Cambridge
6.) Oxford
7.) Preforming emergency surgery at St. Jude's hospital
8.) The UN
9.) Smithsonian
10.) White House

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So [MENTION=14697]Valis[/MENTION] how goes it? Any of these hundred post prove to be watershed in your femme hunt?

sculpting

You shouldn't get upset over hatred to false concepts that you identify with. Its like getting upset because I tell you your pillow sucks.

I cant speak for other enfps-but what I tend to do is take in feedback and try to change, if I have been doing something I was unaware of that is annoying. Hearing people complain about other enfps, often enlightens me as to something I also do. But if the feedback is really generic and simply "enfps suck" it is hard to understand what to do with that productively. In addition, it is one thing to say "this crazy enfp bitch sucks" but another to say" all enfps are crazy bitches", because although it is only a pesudo-science categorization, we do sense the underlying truths at times and self identify.

do you have a goal complaining about enfps or is it just blowing off steam and ranting? enfps can totally be crazy, but one of my favorite chicks was this bonkers ass crazy estp who had fiances in three states....she taught me so much about living :) so crazy is as it does I think

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For all his apparent isfp flavored fi love he supposedly has. It certainly would help.