• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Meeting ENFPs

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Two qualities ENFPs and INTJs seem to share are a healthy disdain for self-styled authorities, and a desire for interactions that go beyond superficial adulation.

I'd add INFPs share this disdain as well.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It is hurtful to me that I've never done anything personally to DJ but am doubly grouped in with his hate for NFs and 6s.

But hey, I guess if you don't care about anyone but yourself, it doesn't really matter if someone else is hurt by what you say.

Or if what you say is remotely accurate, for that matter.

To be productive, here's what Jung said about finding Ne doms:

Jung said:
The [extraverted] intuitive [...] is always present where possibilities exist. He has a keen nose for things in the bud pregnant with future promise. He can never exist in stable, long-established conditions of generally acknowledged though limited value: because his eye is constantly ranging for new possibilities, stable conditions have an air of impending suffocation. He seizes hold of new objects and new ways with eager intensity, sometimes with extraordinary enthusiasm, only to abandon them cold-bloodedly, without regard and apparently without remembrance, as soon as their range becomes clearly defined and a promise of any considerable future development no longer clings to them. As long as a possibility exists, the intuitive is bound to it with thongs of fate.

Anywhere that lends itself to open-ended situations... the arts... bookstores... business ventures... nonprofit startups... political campaigns... grassroots rallies... school... coffee houses... big open creative events like street fairs... etc...

[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION], I don't remember reading that either. Can you quote it?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To say one type is crazy is ridiculous without admitting every type is crazy, in their own way.

for example, ESFJs, to me, are just as crazy, if not more so, than the craziest ENFP

sculpting

Our crankiness usually manifests as snarkiness, sarcasm, self-aggrandizement that actually has some substance, and occasionally lectures. DJ seems more like an ESFP with a bee in his bonnet about . . . something? Reminds me of those middle school boys who show off and tease the girls to get their attention.

actually you are spot on....

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think we should have a thread where no one corrects the autocorrect and see how ridiculous it gets haha

I recently had to block 3 ENFP's from the typefront facebook page because they were messaging me trying to convince me I'm an INFJ, and because they were also infatuated with me but also wanted to hate me all at the same time. And yes, the words out of their mouthes, after asking them why they were messaging me were, "Because I'm infatuated"

My bias against ENFP's is because they are crazy and won't fuck off.
I'm in. And I think do arendee is playing ing too.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Pff...

I don't hate anyone. Ya'll are reading too much into what I say.

I have a doctorate in typology from the marlin brando school of thought.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
It is hurtful to me that I've never done anything personally to DJ but am doubly grouped in with his hate for NFs and 6s.

But hey, I guess if you don't care about anyone but yourself, it doesn't really matter if someone else is hurt by what you say.

Or if what you say is remotely accurate, for that matter.

To be productive, here's what Jung said about finding Ne doms:

Anywhere that lends itself to open-ended situations... the arts... bookstores... business ventures... nonprofit startups... political campaigns... grassroots rallies... school... coffee houses... big open creative events like street fairs... etc...

[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION], I don't remember reading that either. Can you quote it?

You shouldn't get upset over hatred to false concepts that you identify with. Its like getting upset because I tell you your pillow sucks.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
To say one type is crazy is ridiculous without admitting every type is crazy, in their own way.

for example, ESFJs, to me, are just as crazy, if not more so, than the craziest ENFP

True.

I am crazy in my own right at times.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Personally, I think some ENFPs might be reading too much into things.

It's like unless we mention either an intellectual sort of place or a totally generic one (thus, actively avoiding the 'wacky' ENFP stereotype), it must mean we have a low opinion on them.

The point of this thread is not to let the world know that ENFPs can be found in shopping malls and in grocery stores (just like everyone else) - it's to find out places where the ENFP ratio should be statistically relevant.

THANK YOU!

I give practical advice. And when I give very specific locations, I suppose it sounds like I'm making judgements.

Yeah I suppose so. The OP wanted to find out exactly where to find ENFP's. I gave a very straightforward answer, albeit with a hint of implied mockery with the absolute ridiculousness that ENFP's are.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think the idea that there is a certain place to find ENFPs is a bit ridiculous. We are everywhere, just like everyone else. Be alive, interact in the world. Doing things that interests you is probably the best way to find people who will also interest you, whether they are ENFP or not. Be open. Have fun.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't know what everyones' deal with my self proclaimed status is. Maybe I'm coming off as an ass and this inflames the egos of everyone around me and thus no one is willing to admit that I actually know what I'm talking about.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I think the idea that there is a certain place to find ENFPs is a bit ridiculous. We are everywhere, just like everyone else. Be alive, interact in the world. Doing things that interests you is probably the best way to find people who will also interest you, whether they are ENFP or not. Be open. Have fun.

So, does it feel oppressive to you to be "put in a box" and predictable?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
THANK YOU!

I give practical advice. And when I give very specific locations, I suppose it sounds like I'm making judgements.

Yeah I suppose so. The OP wanted to find out exactly where to find ENFP's. I gave a very straightforward answer, albeit with a hint of implied mockery with the absolute ridiculousness that ENFP's are.

I didn't find your post insulting, just amusing. Okay, maybe slightly condescending, but that's the internet for you.

I could just as easily list where to meet INFPs. Libraries, Coffee shops (usually sitting in the corner booth on their laptop), at parties (the sulking guy or girl quietly sipping Newcastle or Stella in the corner, maybe nosing through the host's bookshelf), at a Yo La Tengo concert.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
THANK YOU!

I didn't find your post insulting, just amusing. Okay, maybe slightly condescending, but that's the internet for you.

I could just as easily list where to meet INFPs. Libraries, Coffee shops (usually sitting in the corner booth on their laptop), at parties (the sulking guy or girl quietly sipping Newcastle or Stella in the corner, maybe nosing through the host's bookshelf), at a Yo La Tengo concert.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what everyones' deal with my self proclaimed status is. Maybe I'm coming off as an ass and this inflames the egos of everyone around me and thus no one is willing to admit that I actually know what I'm talking about.

Your experience in life lends it as truth for you, but it may not necessarily be true for other people. That's, I think, where the conflict is stemming from.