• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you calm down?(!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sleep for me, too.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya I always fall asleep like a baby when I'm worked right up. It's sorta like, I'm sooo angry I think ill take a little cat nap.

The OP didn't say anything about being angry. She mentioned anxiety, melancholy, and exhaustion. Best remedy for that is sleep.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Sleep is great, but if you're too wound up to sleep melatonin or Xanax works for me. Also, as mentioned above, sex, reading, exercise, and chamomile tea (sleepy time tea) are all relaxing as well.

Evil Otter

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Drugs.jpg

Otters and they're drugs. nice avatar btw

Susah

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Thanks for all the replies :) I do find taking walks quite helpful... things like meditation I've never quite got the hang of, but I should probably give it another go... I have got less anxious since I posted, mostly just time passing in this case, and now I'm down instead - yay...

...that's probably your first mistake.

well, to be honest you're probably right there. But as I said, not much to do about the cause, and also I've already discussed similar matters here before, so I thought I'd take a more specific approach for once. But I do know that my general cause of anxiety is definitely people... Why does there have to be people?!? (I feel a rant coming up but that will probably be another post :p)