• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] IXFPs are surprisingly capable of tremendous acts of evil

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read somewhere that IXFP’s are surprisingly capable of tremendous acts of evil - more so than any other type. However they tend to be incapable of bringing these realities to fruition. It's an Fi dom thing that is at the root of this.

Any truth to this? Thoughts/opinions?

Last edited:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I read somewhere that ISXP’s are surprisingly capable of tremendous acts of evil - more so than any other type. However they tend to be incapable of bringing these realities to fruition. It's an Fi dom thing that is at the root of this.

:rofl1:

I'm sorry, I was just thinking it was hilarious to imagine that IxFP disorganisation and bad follow-through are the central impediments to their potential villainy - "you know, if I could only get my shit together I could be truly evil". :laugh:

I don't personally feel capable of tremendous acts of evil; I'm just not angry and hateful enough to plot out the demise of others, nor do I typically feel any satisfaction in watching people suffer or fail. So basically, if you don't have the drive, and the pay off isn't going to fulfil you, you're not really inclined to go down that road.

OTOH, I can perhaps see why that has been said. I'm pretty good at figuring out people. I can spot the chinks in the armour, or the soft underbelly, or the things that matters most to them in the world. I suppose there is that potential that a IxFP could use those weaknesses to not only hurt, but completely crush another human being. I almost never to go for those sore spots, even in the heat of the moment; even when I'm completely losing my temper and not exactly thinking straight, I know that those parts are below the belt, and will consciously avoid going for them. In my mind those kinds of attacks are so far beyond the line it would sick to go there, even when the other person might be doing everything they can to hurt you in return. It's like the physical fights I used to have with my sister when we were kids: she would often hit me as hard as she could, but I never hit her with my full strength, even when I was infuriated - because I knew just how much harder I could hit.

I can only think of a few occasions where I've crossed that line. Mostly it was when I was a child, and it was pretty tame in the scheme of things. I didn't boil a bunny or anything.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been called "devil, tempter, seducer, evil" more times than I can remember. Granted, women were the ones that called me that. I can see the inherent + honed manipulation of the psyche to such an influential degree that it becomes a sort of "black magic" of its own. At least its a black magic to those who are being influenced.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I've never been actively malicious, I have from a pretty early age carried a sense of containing the full range of human potentialities inside, but also believe it's a universal thing. It's every individual's power and responsibility. In that way, hearing that I'm capable of evil is no newsflash, but so are you.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm sorry, I was just thinking it was hilarious to imagine that IxFP disorganisation and bad follow-through are the central impediments to their potential villainy - "you know, if I could only get my shit together I could be truly evil". :laugh:
:laugh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This thread only validates what I've known all along, which is that, even though ExTJs have a bad rap for being evil in an organized and successful way, IxFPs are just as evil as we are... but quieter about it. :devil:

That's why the ExTJ/IxFP couple pairing is so frequent: complementary forms of evil!

W

WALMART

Have you read the Jung profile on Fi?

I got chills.

Never again.

momoness

I read somewhere that ISXP’s are surprisingly capable of tremendous acts of evil - more so than any other type. However they tend to be incapable of bringing these realities to fruition. It's an Fi dom thing that is at the root of this.

I once molested a cat, sexually harassed a 13 year boy, gaslighted someone, slapped someone, verbally abused someone and I nearly killed my mother.

;)

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
IxFPs are more the power behind the throne types I would think. Why do the dirty work when you can get others to do it for you? :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IXFPs are surprising capable of tremendous acts of evil

BRTky.jpg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What do you mean by 'surprising' ? :D

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
behind the fluffy exterior lies a heart of evil.

yeah, that seems about right.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can spot the chinks in the armour, or the soft underbelly, or the things that matters most to them in the world. I suppose there is that potential that a IxFP could use those weaknesses to not only hurt, but completely crush another human being.

I could see that in these terms. If Fi's gift is to really, deeply, genuinely know the interior of something... then its potential is to be able to know how best to destroy that.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
No, I don't see it at all. All humans can have a darkside, but I don't see IXFPs as being capable of 'tremendous acts of evil'.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'll be curious to read along the I FP responses, but I'm rather unconvinced.

Have you read the Jung profile on Fi?

I got chills.

Never again.
Really? Is there any info online? I'd just be curious to read it because it sounds off. Also, I didn't think that these personality theories were about morality, but just how people process and think.

W

WALMART

Really? Is there any info online? I'd just be curious to read it because it sounds off. Also, I didn't think that these personality theories were about morality, but just how people process and think.

(This is the original source for all theories on cognitive functions, btw)

http://psychclassics.yorku.ca/Jung/types.htm

He talks a bit about the ways morality can and cannot be derived by the functions, and in what manners they will manifest themselves and such.

To be fair, the Te profile is just as scary, in places - but the Te parts are more like being afraid of your dad. The Fi parts are more like being afraid of what's under your bed.

wolfy

awsm

How can you be capable of something you are incapable of?