• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] Trying to understand ENFJ's

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
So, enfj's are basically a mystery to me. When I hang around them, especially when they're close to me, there are frequent hurt feelings.

I have no idea why or what is going on. All I know is I feel like I"m hurting my ENFJ friend by just being myself. It almost feels like, if he can't be of assistance to me 24/7, he just radiates pain or anger or something. I think he also gets pissed when I'm closed up or guarded nearby.

Idunno, someone tell me things cuz I'm clueless, thanks.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
So, enfj's are basically a mystery to me. When I hang around them, especially when they're close to me, there are frequent hurt feelings.

I have no idea why or what is going on. All I know is I feel like I"m hurting my ENFJ friend by just being myself. It almost feels like, if he can't be of assistance to me 24/7, he just radiates pain or anger or something. I think he also gets pissed when I'm closed up or guarded nearby.

The surest way to win ENFJs acceptance is to let them be your personal life guru and worship them as Messiahs that they are. Once you commit your very soul to their superior understanding of metaphysical world which importance superceeds that of physical world (by far), you can finally be amongst a loyal Friend who will always be there for you with a delicious cup of kool aid in hand every time your mind feels thirsty.

Oh and don't call them "snake oil salesman". They hate that shit.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
The surest way to win ENFJs acceptance is to let them be your personal life guru and worship them as Messiahs that they are. Once you commit your very soul to their superior understanding of metaphysical world which importance superceeds that of physical world (by far), you can finally be amongst a loyal Friend who will always be there for you with a delicious cup of kool aid in hand every time your mind feels thirsty.

It certainly seems that's the case sometimes. I don't want to believe it but it seems like it. The worst part is when they want to help but usually fuck everything up.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The worst part is when they want to help but usually fuck everything up.

You just have to keep looking for the right one. You'll know you found him when he tells about his awesome commune in Guyana.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The things to understand are that they are narcissistic attention-whoring drama-queens and masters of manipulation; I much prefer ISTPs.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

that sounds like me and my entp friend. check up socionics entp introverted ethics: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=ILE

also estpäs have a similar weakness, however, never experienced this with an estp.

@ other comments: wow, we have such a fine reputation it seems! =D (tip: encourage us to deduce instead of induce. getting us into the right conclusions is about that simple strategy change.)

W

WALMART

They strive to know you.

In matching their energy,

A conflict is born.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find that STPs in general can..hurt you without realizing it coz they do not naturally check up on you as you would expect from a friend. It's like..they are so in the moment that every time you come accross them, the question will be...will you be the most exciting thing in that moment and will they be in the mood for your particular type of stimulus? Or are they going to ignore you this time? It is like this all or nothing thing, and it can be highly exhilarating to be their focus yet really cold when you get ignored by them.

It is sometimes hard to feel connected to stps due to that, and makes them 'slippery'. It also leads to insecurity as to where you stand with them I find and takes a lot of adjusting on the other persons part. I think especially NFs perhaps are sensitive to this. Considering an Fe-doms need for checking up on people and keeping track of their network, I can imagine it being hard on them, especially if they havent realized yet that other people perceive the world differently.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems more Enneagram 2 related than anything.

Tell him how important he is to your life, that you're so lucky to have such a good friend (be as effusive as possible), BUT you need a break. Then vanish for a while.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I find that STPs in general can..hurt you without realizing it coz they do not naturally check up on you as you would expect from a friend. It's like..they are so in the moment that every time you come accross them, the question will be...will you be the most exciting thing in that moment and will they be in the mood for your particular type of stimulus? Or are they going to ignore you this time? It is like this all or nothing thing, and it can be highly exhilarating to be their focus yet really cold when you get ignored by them.

It is sometimes hard to feel connected to stps due to that, and makes them 'slippery'. It also leads to insecurity as to where you stand with them I find and takes a lot of adjusting on the other persons part. I think especially NFs perhaps are sensitive to this. Considering an Fe-doms need for checking up on people and keeping track of their network, I can imagine it being hard on them, especially if they havent realized yet that other people perceive the world differently.

Hmm, good point. I've actually experienced this with other ESFP's.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I doubt hes in any emotional pain. People have told me I look like Im suffering or Im in pain in some situations, so they want to cut me off because they care too much about me and dont want to see me in pain. Im not in any pain in those situations so Im not sure what theyre talking about. Im in pain when they leave, though.

G

Glycerine

Seems more Enneagram 2 related than anything.

Tell him how important he is to your life, that you're so lucky to have such a good friend (be as effusive as possible), BUT you need a break. Then vanish for a while.
You might be onto something. Show appreciation, be honest and diplomatic? I hang around a 2w1 ESFJ a lot and a bulk of our conversation is a bunch of superfluous compliments and showing of gratitude. Weird but interesting.

Something like, "Thanks for trying to help but I need some time to myself...." Then go away and do your own thing. :)

Valis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6

Excellent post.

This has been my experience of them too.
(
They seemed to act with an attitude of superiority (I know that sounds a tad hypocritical coming from an INTJ). Ultimately there was never any substance to them (the ones I have met that is) and I found it extremely difficult to make a connection. I felt as though they were judging me, especially morally. Patronising: that sums it up.

Starry

Quoted for...

truth [trooth]
noun, plural truths [troothz, trooths]

1. the true or actual state of a matter.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Excellent post.

This has been my experience of them too.
(
They seemed to act with an attitude of superiority (I know that sounds a tad hypocritical coming from an INTJ). Ultimately there was never any substance to them (the ones I have met that is) and I found it extremely difficult to make a connection. I felt as though they were judging me, especially morally. Patronising: that sums it up.

Stop hatin.

G

Glycerine

Until you figure them out.... :devil: so many odd contradictions.