• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Who is your favorite brain sparring partner?

MBTI Type
ENTP
LMFAO, dude you can't just pigeon hole all us F's, now you hurt my feelings, thats it we aren't speaking anymore. Wait, I mean texting, or foruming, or whatever the hell this thing is... aaauuuhhhh... just go away. :doh:

DUDE IT'S A JOKE!

Edit: meaning... I wasn't saying that there's some irreconcilable divide between Fs and Ts, or that either group can be stereotyped... but there have been interesting conversations about what Jung really meant when he spoke about differences in Feeling and Thinking functions, since Thinkers OBVIOUSLY have feelings and Feelers OBVIOUSLY use logic and think about issues.

"Please don't let me be misunderstood."

(wait, are you joking too? or half-joking?)

This is where verbal sparring > text sparring. We're still animals and the affects will play an important role in communication no matter what.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Mrs. Heart and Sammy boy,

I have a quick quick question... Thread-jack much?

And this is why I hate being an ENFP, I freaking helped you guys along with it, Damn, all you N's to whatever it is that you should be damned too. Where are the SJ's when you need them? Oh crap, I insulted them all away.

Anyway, get back on track people.

_________*****************____________

Yes dude, I was joking, but they didn't have a sarcasm font, and I hate to type pun intended.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Heart trust me on this one, ENTP's are like families to us ENFP's, they think in exactly the same way we do, and are even more smooth with that Fe. He really meant no offense.

I am pretty sure, like you said, that you have had a negative experience with this kind of thing before so you might be projecting it over his comment, but I promise you that I am more sure than the fact that I am male that he meant you no offense.

It seems you do know ENTPs. Thank you.

heart

heart on fire
I get you... I was being somewhat faux-enthusiastic with the "OH... MY... GOD...", though I do think there was some value in the exchange.

But as for this: "Obviously it is all my fault and I accept all blame." I realize that was probably sarcastic, but still... No!!!! :17425:

I've accepted blame too! See! ^

Wasn't being sarcastic, just wanting to end it. Confused by your style. You seem very F but if your words are taken as F would mean them then you say "Hey, I am a T." So I am used to F's and getting more used to T on these boards, but harder to read your signals. Again, sorry.

In the F speak: "I hope everyone doesn't think like you" would likely mean "you're one messed up person and I hope not everyone thinks like this" (of course not denying that I could be one messed up person!)

I'm tired...

Yes, me too. I have no business posting when I am this tired. Hopefully the mods will take these posts out of this thread and not title it anything too sensational when they plunk them in the graveyard!
Mrs. Heart and Sammy boy,

I have a quick quick question... Thread-jack much?

We're hardly the first to do this on here. :dry:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Wasn't being sarcastic, just wanting to end it. Confused by your style. You seem very F but if your words are taken as F would mean them then you say "Hey, I am a T." So I am used to F's and getting more used to T on these boards, but harder to read your signals. Again, sorry.

In the F speak: "I hope everyone doesn't think like you" would likely mean "you're one messed up person and I hope not everyone thinks like this"

I realize that... actually, it's funny you mentioned my seeming F, because most tests place me as a T by only a ten to fifteen percent margin... sometimes as low as 4 percent... (yes yes I know one can't quantify personality but it's at least something in the way of an indication) I had great difficulty sorting out whether I was T or F... but my general attitude towards things is more detached, which places me pretty squarely T.

I try to skirt the line sometimes... using heightened language but assuming people will see reason and infer a sort of neutral observer in me... that's what I aspire to when I talk... but it often backfires, because no one's truly neutral, right? I should have paid more heed to my phrasing. But anyway, glad this all worked out. :party2:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

I think it's interesting that you believed that putting blame on yourself, regardless of whether you truly deserved it, would end the situation.

In any regard, I enjoy debating with anyone who can do it without becoming preachy or judgmental. Unfortunately this trait is to be found across all type boundaries.

heart

heart on fire
I think it's interesting that you believed that putting blame on yourself, regardless of whether you truly deserved it, would end the situation.

Well apparently I misunderstood him, so I am willing to take the blame for that and move on. How ridiculous this spectacle has become. :blush: Folks let it freaking die...

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well apparently I misunderstood him, so I am willing to take the blame for that and move on. How ridiculous this spectacle has become. :blush: Folks let it freaking die...

But I like spectacles. That's what the 4th of July is for, after all :D

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Lol, the horse is still twitching heart, maybe a little more clubbing should do the trick.

I wasn't really serious about the threadjack just to let you know. I could care, less, this was more fun.

Again, ma-lady you are far too fair and sweet.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My favorites tend to be ENTJs, but I tend to get into the most fights with INFPs and SJs. Sometimes I win the fights against INFPs, but the SJ fights I never win because they go ahead and get the steamroller of majority rule and there's really no way that feeble little me can face that. :(

INTPs are a pain to fight with, and for some reason I can't fight with ENTPs -- we get along too well.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My stuffed animal I have had since I was one-year-old, commonly called Bun-Bun.

No, really...:party2:

MBTI Type
ENTP
My favorites tend to be ENTJs, but I tend to get into the most fights with INFPs and SJs. Sometimes I win the fights against INFPs, but the SJ fights I never win because they go ahead and get the steamroller of majority rule and there's really no way that feeble little me can face that. :(

INTPs are a pain to fight with, and for some reason I can't fight with ENTPs -- we get along too well.

You're a good kid.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Majority of my friends are NJs and those are the ones I tend to be able have the most intellectually stimulating conversations with.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
ENFP, I met one or two, but I am always suspicious of them, I don't know why. They always have that used car salesman smile and seem to be way to nice for any normal person. They seem just as nice as an ENFJ (nicest people) just less sincere, even though I am usually sincerely nice, I am betting people think I am fake too. Plus these bastards, are quick but try to cut me off too much.

that is sad to be sincere while others think you're fake :cry: how come? is it because of the way we put our words and give people compliments? or the way we make jokes?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I lock horns with my NTJ homieskillzOrz. They're good to bounce ideas off of. But if I'm looking for immediate problem-solving, I always find myself in the NTP camp. They make me feel like I'm not gonna explode or burn up (the Is get down to brass tacks fast and work up a solution, and the Es, while more roundabout, give me the cuddling I need when I'm in bad shape... they're also good for bursts of energy when I want to spar with someone...)

If I need practical answers or a fresh angle, I call my ESFP, ESTP or ISFJ.

If I need immediate focus, I seek my ENFP twin to cut through brain clutter, or my INFJ dad, who's usually got a good suggestion or analysis.

If I'm distraught or confused, my INFP friends are indispensable.

Frankly, ANYONE can give me an angle I need. It just depends on where I'm at.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that is sad to be sincere while others think you're fake :cry: how come? is it because of the way we put our words and give people compliments? or the way we make jokes?

ENFPs are so genial and kind that many people (society is so conditioned to be cynical now...) think it must be a put-on. My twin sister has trouble with that a lot. People have trouble believing that she really truly is THAT nice/understanding/cool a person.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
NTs - INTP, ENTP, INTJ in that order. My sister is ENTJ, and I spar with her.

NFs - great for discussions and perspective on philosophical, psychological, political, educational issues.