• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] INFJs in love!

S

Sniffles

Seriously, is there anything more pathetic in the world? :blush:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Hah! Have you never seen a smitten INTP??

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
If it is pathetic, it is not love, but attachment to a pleasing reflection of yours in another.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
If it is pathetic, it is not love, but attachment to a pleasing reflection of yours in another.
Love can begin that way, too. It's just not grown up yet. Though truth be told, my beloved is still a bit pathetic in his smittenness and I suppose that I may be a bit, too. :blush: And I'm pretty sure by now that it's as close as real love as it gets.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
That is very true... it certainly may grow after attachment has subsided... Love is so bright and attachment so dark that they cannot coexist. One engulfs the other.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not sure we are thinking of attachment in the same way. :huh:

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Hah! Have you never seen a smitten INTP??

It really is a sight to behold. I dated an INTP for three years; at the beginning of the affair, we were to travel to Utah together to do a research project for a professor, and he wrote me a letter about how the only important things in the world were the desert and me. An INTP can get DOWNRIGHT SAPPY. In a totally awesome and original way.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It really is a sight to behold. I dated an INTP for three years; at the beginning of the affair, we were to travel to Utah together to do a research project for a professor, and he wrote me a letter about how the only important things in the world were the desert and me. An INTP can get DOWNRIGHT SAPPY. In a totally awesome and original way.
People who haven't seen it have NO idea. I was really smitten with Don and it was still a bit much and kind of . . . overwhelming. If I thought he would be that extreme for fifty plus years, I would have run. Fortunately, I correctly anticipated that it was the work of infatuation and it would subside.

I mean, the first time we kissed, people on campus knew because he was lit up like a Christmas tree. :blush: I was the sensible one.

That is likely. I don't mean to offend you.
No worries. :D

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think he means the cute kind of pathetic. As in "inspiring sympathy or compassion" instead of "arousing scornful pity or contempt."

Last edited:

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he means because we idealize the person and have our head in the clouds. Well that's a guess. Actually, what do you mean?

S

Sniffles

I think he means because we idealize the person and have our head in the clouds. Well that's a guess.

Yeah that's pretty much the main idea.

Although do bear in mind, I'm also being sarcastic - a chance to laugh at ourselves. At least for me to laugh at myself, since I'm going through an episode of heart-ache now and humour is good medicine. :(

Last edited: