• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Is ENFP and 5w4 compatible?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I could be a 7w6 ENFP that has gone to 5w4 in stress, but I've also had suspicions of rather or not it could be a core type…

7w6, 2w3, 9w1 is my tritype, anyway…

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are different theories about the possibility of unlikely or clashing enneagram+MBTI combinations. Some claim that some combinations are impossible, Others, like Pat Wyman, claim that almost any combination is possible, but some combinations clash more and are extremely stressful. In her view, people with dissonant combinations must either work through their unhealthy enneagram defense systems early, or suffer from stress, lower functioning, and other negative side effects.

I would think being extraversion would be hard for a 5w4. The gap between 5 and 4 at the bottom of the enneagram is sometimes called the "existential gap", and is the most inward-facing area of the enneagram (flanked by identity-via-thought and identity-via-feeling). Hence, it seems like being an extraverted 5w4 would be difficult to sustain, especially with the 5s tendency to withhold and withdraw.

Type 6 can also be very rational and analytic, and seems more neutral as far as introversion/extraversion goes. It might be worth considering the influence of your 6 wing, as well (just as you've done with your security point)... I could see the 7 considering of possibility combined with a 6 need to test producing a lot of analysis. (Not saying anything definitive, just suggesting.)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There are different theories about the possibility of unlikely or clashing enneagram+MBTI combinations. Some claim that some combinations are impossible, Others, like Pat Wyman, claim that almost any combination is possible, but some combinations clash more and are extremely stressful. In her view, people with dissonant combinations must either work through their unhealthy enneagram defense systems early, or suffer from stress, lower functioning, and other negative side effects.

I would think being extraversion would be hard for a 5w4. The gap between 5 and 4 at the bottom of the enneagram is sometimes called the "existential gap", and is the most inward-facing area of the enneagram (flanked by identity-via-thought and identity-via-feeling). Hence, it seems like being an extraverted 5w4 would be difficult to sustain, especially with the 5s tendency to withhold and withdraw.

Type 6 can also be very rational and analytic, and seems more neutral as far as introversion/extraversion goes. It might be worth considering the influence of your 6 wing, as well (just as you've done with your security point)... I could see the 7 considering of possibility combined with a 6 need to test producing a lot of analysis. (Not saying anything definitive, just suggesting.)

The 6 wing could cause that…

The most unclear fix is my heart fix…

I get either 2w3 or 4w3…

My desire to help others pushes me more towards a 2 fix and my search for meaning pushes me towards a 4 fix…