• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENFPs: Which type(s) resemble us most?

S

Stansmith

Which type would you say looks most similar to us on the surface or vice-versa? My observations:

Female ENFPs - ENFJ, INFJ and ESFP

Male ENFPs - ENTP, ESFP, and ISFP

Honorable mentions - ENTJ, and INFP

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Id add ISFP for female ENFPs. It is hard to distinguish between the two types at times, even moreso than with ESFPs, I find :)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESFPs and INFPs, me thinks.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can't imagine being confused for an infj ever....even an enfj really. i'd say infp or entp.

and yeah...isfp for some....maybe even intp for some.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i can't imagine being confused for an infj ever....even an enfj really. i'd say infp or entp.

Same…

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's ENFJ and INFP for me. :shrug: But really all those types (minus ENTJ) have attributes I can relate to on some level.

S

Stansmith

I think some female ENFP 2s or even phobic 6s can look xNFJ. For example, Ariana Grande or Ellen could be either/or and I wouldn't bat an eye

tumblr_lzbeghEDhb1r34vqgo1_400.jpg

S

Stansmith

It's ENFJ and INFP for me. :shrug: But really all those types (minus ENTJ) have attributes I can relate to on some level.

I think over-compensating, cocky and even mature ENFPs can look ENTJ. Take Kanye West for example (most likely over-compensating). I've known ENTJs who were into humor and silliness.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think some female ENFP 2s or even phobic 6s can look xNFJ. For example, Ariana Grande or Ellen could be either/or and I wouldn't bat an eye

Ariana always struck me as really Fe, but I would love if she was an ENFP. :wubbie: She's my 2nd most played artist next to Kelly Clarkson. I could see her as ENFP 2w3 so/sx. I think Ellen is an INFP 6w7 so/sp though.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Which type would you say looks most similar to us on the surface or vice-versa? My observations:

Female ENFPs - ENFJ, INFJ and ESFP

Male ENFPs - ENTP, ESFP, and ISFP

Honorable mentions - ENTJ, and INFP

Female ENFP's:

ESFP, ESFJ, and ENFJ.

Male ENFPs: ESFP, ESTJ, ENTJ.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think it also has to do with enneatype.

ENFP 2 - ESFx, xxFJ
ENFP 3 - ENFJ
ENFP 4 - IxFx
ENFP 6 - xxFJ
ENFP 7 - ESFP
ENFP 9 - IxFP

S

Stansmith

^^^I don't think I look anything like an FJ. I mainly resemble INFP, INTP, ENTJ or ENTP. 6w7s are pretty much classic ENFP

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFPs and ENTPs are basically the same type with different flavorings.

I suppose resemblance must be subjective here......

Either that or we're that one weird sibling who looks just like you, but you insist to everyone isn't related to you :smile:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^^^I don't think I look anything like an FJ. I mainly resemble INFP, INTP, ENTJ or ENTP. 6w7s are pretty much classic ENFP

Interesting. I feel like there is a significant gap between myself and the "classic" ENFP, who I would identify as 7w6.

6 makes me far more FJ-like, and I have heard the same from other non-ENFP 6s. 6 and other elements of your personality must transform ENFP in a different way for you. How do you think 6 impacts your perception of your MBTI type?

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Echoing ENFP/ENTP similarities.

Male here and have always had a hard time choosing between ENTP and ENFP.

I am (stereotpically and on average) actively repelled by ENFJs and ESFJs. I find the Fe to be extremely suffocating. I don't see how I would be found similar to those types. :/

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: Perhaps I am alone in my FJness!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: Perhaps I am alone in my FJness!

Nah, I get what you mean. If I was a non-NFP I'd be ENFJ. I think EF types generally present themselves in similar ways to other people - energetic, excitable, and pleasant. Plus three out of the four EF types share the same interaction style (so does ENTP which I resembles ENFP a lot).

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see the similarity between ISFP and ENFP. I suspect these are ESFPs who think they're Ns or people misunderstanding what an INFP can look like (ie people think isfps and enfps may have an edge or sense of style but INFPs don't).

I think ESFJs are likely to be mistyped as ENFP and that people confuse these two. They have the same interaction style and ESFJs can display some Ne in their conversation style, plus an ENFP persona is quite trendy nowadays.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wth does that mean? an enfp persona is trendy these days?

and really? i've never met anyone of either type that looked like the other. not to say some don't...just haven't had that experience.

and...it seems a lot of celebrities have people confused as being either isfp or enfp it is an odd thing.

S

Stansmith

Interesting. I feel like there is a significant gap between myself and the "classic" ENFP, who I would identify as 7w6.

6 makes me far more FJ-like, and I have heard the same from other non-ENFP 6s. 6 and other elements of your personality must transform ENFP in a different way for you. How do you think 6 impacts your perception of your MBTI type?

I'm an unhealthy 6w7 with BP/BPD tendencies so I act like either a psuedo-NTJ, an INFP or a 7w6 ENFP. When I'm happy I just feel more ENFP. The 6-aspect makes me feel like I have a lid keeping me from expressing my actual personality.