• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What happens when NF explodes?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I haven't lost my self-control since I was ten. It bothers me. I would like to know how I react if I lose it, but of course I can't make myself lose it, and I'm not sure that I dared if I could. Its like, I have no evidence that I would be dangerous or anything, but it doesn't feel good not knowing...

The second last time I lost it was when I was 8 or something. My brother had left scissors on the floor and we ran around the house and I ended up having the scissors in my foot. I mostly yelled some ugly stuff. Then the last time was when we were fighting outside (i was sick of fighting all the time with him, but he somehow enjoyed it) and I broke his self-confidence by laughing at him while he was trying to keep me down. Im not sure if he ever recovered emotionally. He was devastated by it.

So, now I'm quite a lot older and I don't really know what I might do if I ever lose my sence of right and wrong. I mean, it was really a big surprise for the ten-year-old-me to break someone with a laugh, and I have never done anything like that again, but it makes me think that I could possibly hurt someone really bad if I don't keep myself in check.

Experiences?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've gotten into brawls with grown men before. That's what happens when NF gets pushed beyond endurance.

I would never do such a thing now. I'm mostly a wall/door kicker. But my temper is still pretty fierce. I have to sit on it a lot.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I have never been the type to chew someone out and be nasty, but if I'm *really* angry, I'll break things.

Last week it was a flower pot.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I always thought when NFs explode confetti goes everywhere with ponies and rainbows and such, with a slight baby's giggle in the background.

Heh,
But seriously,
"Under stress, it's not uncommon for INFPs to mis-use hard logic in the heat of anger, throwing out fact after fact in an emotional outburst."

I think that applies to all NFs mostly though, at least INFP and INFJ.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Logic doesn't worry me, breaking stuff neither. It is the emotional sharp-shooting that I am afraid of.

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
I just yell a lot of harsh things at surprising speed and volume. I can't fight at all, so when I actually do just get so irked to the point of loss of self-control I'm just loud and mean, and if everything persists, I'll probably start crying a bit.

This has only happened twice, though.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just yell a lot of harsh things at surprising speed and volume. I can't fight at all, so when I actually do just get so irked to the point of loss of self-control I'm just loud and mean, and if everything persists, I'll probably start crying a bit.

Yes. This is exactly what I do. I don't recklessly yell random harsh things, though, they are usually focused exactly on the specific thing that annoyed me and made me lose my temper. This way I feel less terrible afterwards, and it makes making up easier.

Still. I hate it when I get like that and I usually end up feeling much more frustrated with myself than with the luckless family member in question. :blush:

edit: my version of yelling is not exactly yelling, it's more like talking louder and faster than usual. And with flashing eyes.

Kanerou

MBTI Type
_NFP
Heh heh.....hellfire.:D

Seriously. I lose rationality for a while and am out to hurt the offender. Eventually, it wears off, but the residue remains for an uncertain period of time. Then, if we work through the conflict, I feel a closer connection between him/her and me.

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
If I actually get to that point from the high tolerance I've built up.. you will be in pain.

Whether it's because I break something physically or start sarcastically stabbing you emotionally with all the weaknesses and personal fears of yours that I've picked up on but not mentioned out of courtesy.. really depends on the situation.

And most likely either way I'll be staring you down the whole time. And I will feel absolutely no remorse because at that point, you WILL have deserved it and I won't hold back.

This is extra scary considering I've never really reached the breaking point since I was little and it wasn't that bad. The worst it ever got was almost taking a chair to a 4th grade girl's face. Thankfully, I stopped myself. o_O Uh, anyway, point being, I'm usually the nicest, sweetest, goofiest person you'll ever meet, so if I get serious, focused and my eyes start flashing... it's really really scary(shadow ESTP... look out!)

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I lose my temper all the time.
Nothing serious (usually) happens.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have never been the type to chew someone out and be nasty, but if I'm *really* angry, I'll break things.

Last week it was a flower pot.

same for me. I also scream while i throw these things.
and then it usually ends in crying.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I'm still scared from the last time I exploded. I did not want to know I was capable of that.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I have few explosions and sometimes they happen when no one is around. I've broken things, like dishes, but I don't throw things at people.

Mostly I get a steely resolve that I'm right to be angry and I dig in my heels - not discussing, negotiating or forgiving until I'm ready, dammit! A silent explosion that says "you've blown it."

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, when I get angry i tend to throw things and punch inanimate objects I've broken a window before. I also yell alot, people who've seen me truly angry have been scared. I would never hurt anyone out of anger no matter how upset they made me unless they threw a punch. But only a handful of people have seen me truly pissed off. I also tend to cry.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
I have totally lost my temper only twice in my life.

The first time I threw a rocking chair against a wall.
The second time the target of my fiery wrath ran away and yelled "She went crazy!"

My explosions are extremely rare, but when they occur they are very much worse than, for example, those of my ESFJ mother. (She explodes all the time.)

When I'm angry, I usually just swallow my anger. I tend to retreat and be alone. I become quiet and bitter.

But I'm not resentful or vindictive. I can forgive quite easily.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
For me, moderate upsets express themselves as mild verbal diarrhea, nothing too extreme.

Major upsets, however, tend to result in implosion followed by barely controlled, moderately focused explosion at the one who's wronged me. Perhaps it's learned, but I tend to numb myself by default when the transgression occurs, take a day to figure out why the hell I'm so pissed off, and then shove a stick up their ass the next day.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't know if this is normal for an ENFP at all, but I have a matchstick temper. I start extremely quickly but I die down really quickly. It can happen anywhere, and be instigated by anyone. I will be fine and all of a sudden I seriously, just can't control myself anylonger.

It's crazy, It's like my real self gets pushed out of the way and I sit back and watch the freak show unfold not knowing how to stop it. Luckily for me this never lasts more than 15 minutes.

In the last month I can say that I lost my temper really bad in public at least 7 times on complete strangers.

Anger managemant anyone?