• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What happens when NF explodes?

Endolori

MBTI Type
INFP
I remember the one time I lost it I threw a chair across the room, narrowly missing the head of the instigator.

Then I stormed out of the room and went home.

After that my friend told me that I was really scary. Thing is, I don't even remember what the hell happened to make me so angry.

But anyway, to answer your question, I think it's highly probable that an NF will end up hurting someone really deeply if he loses control, but in my experience I usually become afraid that I've done just that and ingratiate myself back. Or act all normal to suggest that I haven't lost all respect for the person. I think it's pretty much something common to NFs, that they don't like to be in discord with others?

Anyway I'm usually not angry at the person himself. Just parts of his character. ;)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ya know(since you don't, i'll just explain)......
my imagination is a lot more violent than i will ever care to be, or could afford to be

example
if someone is truly annoying me.....
more often than not, i will paint their murder with some really twisted method
and wallow in that
its quite comforting......much like warm green tea

does anyone identify with such a demented yet normal notion as this ?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I start throwing tomatoes, pfft, like it'd be great had I used knives instead. I lost control once, but I never really did when I got to my darkest state I imploded shortly after, this affected me more than the people I upset because I got into this self doubt funk and had to repair that reality. I mean I started to question what were my values and belief system constructed on and was I wrong or right to explode. Then I stopped trusting that anything I said was good. And promptly decided to deconstruct everything that I stood for which caused me to fall off my perch into high level of insecurity for a long time. Until I got back and thought well that was weird. Why did that effectively cause me to falter, and I'd say it was because I was trying to prove myself that that instance wasn't as bad as it was. And in the act of wanting to prove I disproved and got more stubborn about it until I let it go. :violin:

Endolori

MBTI Type
INFP
hey AvereX, that happened to me too. When I was younger my sister used to annoy me so much (sibling rivalry) but she made it more problematic by being an ENFP and kept trying to get me to like her, but it only exacerbated the whole thing. So I'd sit in my room after particularly annoying episodes involving her, and start imagining torture scenes in which I'd rip off her head or strangle her or tear her apart from limb to limb.

Then I'd start questioning myself about how psychopathic I am.

I grew out of that of course, and it didn't happen to anybody else other than my sister. But now we're great friends and all. And no, I don't think it's normal AT ALL. :biggrin:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Ya know(since you don't, i'll just explain)......
my imagination is a lot more violent than i will ever care to be, or could afford to be

example
if someone is truly annoying me.....
more often than not, i will paint their murder with some really twisted method
and wallow in that
its quite comforting......much like warm green tea

does anyone identify with such a demented yet normal notion as this ?

Yes. :)

Though I verbalise what I will do to people who peeve me - hence I've got a reputation as being incredibly violent in thought, though not deed.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. :)

Though I verbalise what I will do to people who peeve me - hence I've got a reputation as being incredibly violent in thought, though not deed.

uh huh
people call me the gamut of " evil ; sick ; scary ; "
not all that far of a stretch for an NF
just to think that (N)T's are more harmless anon brings to mind why i like them

annihilation is a passionate act,......:sleeping:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
One time someone insulted my favorite composer. This was may response:

"I hope you get skinned alive and eaten by hungry maggots before being dipped in a pot of boiling oil whilst a fat coloratura sings Wagner in your ear!"

It later occured to me that that may have been slightly creepy. I don't know how anyone is still my friend...

(btw, Wagner isn't my favorite composer, but his music requires LOUD opera singers)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One time someone insulted my favorite composer. This was may response:

"I hope you get skinned alive and eaten by hungry maggots before being dipped in a pot of boiling oil whilst a fat coloratura sings Wagner in your ear!"

It later occurred to me that that may have been slightly creepy. I don't know how anyone is still my friend...

now..........i have an erection

that was resplendent in the darkest of ways

as far as you wondering
you are what you attract/if you want a butterfly, you gotta be a butterfly

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
now..........i have an erection

that was resplendent in the darkest of ways

as far as you wondering
you are what you attract/if you want a butterfly, you gotta be a butterfly

Thank you, you made my day. I'm glad someone appreciates my sick humor...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you, you made my day. I'm glad someone appreciates my sick humor...

i too am looking for someone as sick as me
so i won't spread the disease to someone weak enough to be killed by its humor

Pseudonym_Alpha

MBTI Type
INFJ
My temper is pretty far gone, I use to go off like a bottle rocket, now I try my best to keep things under wraps. Only if someone keeps compounding the subject will I snap and its usually verbal moreso than physical

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My twin jokingly calls me Mr. Furious (from "Mystery Men"). She thinks Fe must be a total curse.

Bee

MBTI Type
ENFP
Gosh, I don't know, I haven't exploded since I was about eight. I think I broke both the girls nose and her confidence.
Usually when someone makes me mad (which is very rare) I just go very very quiet, make some kind of cutting/sarcastic remark and leave as quickly as possible so I can go somewhere quiet and cry.

gokartride

MBTI Type
INFJ
My sense of humor (looking at various sides of an occurance) generally takes over long before I ever explode.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I turn into a bossy, irritable and yet strangely emotionless person right before I go over the edge into completely losing my temper. It's rare for me to get pushed to the point that I'm unreasonable, but when I do, it's pretty unpleasant. It usually consists of me reading the riot act to the offending party, and then possibly tearing a hole in a door. I hate being that out of control - it's really scary, so I've had to learn to walk away from things that provoke me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Last time it happened I made my father cry...

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
The last time I exploded was about six years ago at work. A cocky new manager who was not my boss overheard me saying sarcastic things to my work friend about a mutually disliked co-worker. I was just blowing off a little steam. The co-worker was not around. The manager's eyes bulged out like a sargeant on a soldier-wanna-be reality TV show, and he circled in on me with a strut, while trite and arrogant manager-bot speech issued forth from his mouth. More sarcasm ensued from me in response. Whereupon he asked me to speak with him in private in his office. Whereupon I unleashed, yelling and refusing to back down, and slammed his office door on the way out.

I spent the week-end anticipating being fired on Monday, and that week-end, I experienced a whole range of emotions beginning with fear and ending with relief. But I ended up being kept on, while the disliked co-worker ended up being transfered to a position at another location. The manager's career took off, with two promotions in six months. But soon his name was mud all over the company, as apparently he could not handle success, I guess. Either that, or he got promoted to the level of his incompetence. He was the only manager who was ever demoted back to being just another employee.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
im...on verge of loosing it right now...

....but then i put on some goo goo dolls....and i somehow regain some sort of...um....composure.

it doesnt matter how many song i collect, what happens/happened, what style im into at the moment, metal, prog, pop, rap, stoner, angry or sad,

"name" by goo goo dolls will forever be a song, that i wish i had written, because it just feels like my song, it has stood the test of time, the only song that has stood the test of my short time...

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
I've only gone totally nuts four times I can think of.

The first being at my brother at the age of seven - when he blacked my eye with a slipper and I went ballistic on him, lol
The second was at this cocky homophobe at a party where I was with a dear gay friend of mine, talking loudly about this time he and his friend had 'beaten the crap out of some fag'. I was controlling the fury until he noticed my friend (who is quite possibly the most obviously gay male this side of the hemisphere, bless him) and opened his mouth. I - a tiny slip of a girl standing merely 5 feet 4 - leapt for this full-grown man's throat. And yes...I mean literally.
I guess I'm pretty lucky he was so stunned he didn't react immediately, and by the time he'd gathered his wits I'd been pulled off him.

Another time was dealing with someone who had - time and time again - offended my sense of morality and the other a patronizing asshole who was obviously threatened by strong women and sought to control/put me down at every turn. Both times I turned into this calculating minx who - using all her powers of intuition - went for the Achilles heel in a fit of cold, logical fury with a barely raised voice. I don't always loose rationality when I 'lose it' - it often becomes my ally.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
If I actually get to that point from the high tolerance I've built up.. you will be in pain.

Whether it's because I break something physically or start sarcastically stabbing you emotionally with all the weaknesses and personal fears of yours that I've picked up on but not mentioned out of courtesy.. really depends on the situation.

And most likely either way I'll be staring you down the whole time. And I will feel absolutely no remorse because at that point, you WILL have deserved it and I won't hold back.

This is extra scary considering I've never really reached the breaking point since I was little and it wasn't that bad. The worst it ever got was almost taking a chair to a 4th grade girl's face. Thankfully, I stopped myself. o_O Uh, anyway, point being, I'm usually the nicest, sweetest, goofiest person you'll ever meet, so if I get serious, focused and my eyes start flashing... it's really really scary(shadow ESTP... look out!)

Sounds like me, except I needed extra help to learn to hold it back. I can get brutally nasty once I am lost, both in what I say and in violence.

Don't get me wrong, afterwards I will usually feel an unbearable amount of guilt, and will try to make some damage control, but in the moment, there is no thought process, there is just rage.

Sounds bad lol but like you I am goofy and happy and generally a very nice person to know, I just have boundaries, and those boundaries have increased with age rather than decreased.

The more I have been hurt emotionally, the worse my rage becomes.