• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What happens when NF explodes?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I kicked a door off its hinges the last time I went volcanic. That disturbed me.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Oh goodness! How could I forget the vigor of my youth (so long ago... 5, 6 years, is it?*)?! Yes, I punched a hole in my sister's wall, kicked a hole in her door, and cracked my mom's shin bone (not intentionally... she was behind me as I was kicking my sister's door, and got my rebound swing-back). I was a violent little lass. I haven't done anyhthing like that since. These days, my sister and I get along great, and my mom's leg is A-OK.

*sarcasm

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good on ya, Mom's Leg! :D

heart

heart on fire
Since my verbally abusive episode towards the vacuum cleaner in the early 2000's, I have been trying to be very careful when I am angry. Anger is no excuse to tear someone else down emotionally like that.

Most of the time, driven far enough, I just go dictatorial Te and start barking out "You need to do this" "You should do this" "DO THIS NOW!" "Get off my back!" "Stay away!" etc.

Then cry. (only with husband)

Then silent treatment.

Hot, tempermental anger tends to make me nauseous in the past few years so predictibly I allow myself to get angry like that a lot less. When I feel anger sweeping over me, I have to pause and stop it or else feel sick and what person in their right mind wants to feel sick?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks for the replies. I can see now that it isnt just me, and that my fear is not just my imagination..

If I actually get to that point from the high tolerance I've built up.. you will be in pain.

Whether it's because I break something physically or start sarcastically stabbing you emotionally with all the weaknesses and personal fears of yours that I've picked up on but not mentioned out of courtesy.. really depends on the situation.

And most likely either way I'll be staring you down the whole time. And I will feel absolutely no remorse because at that point, you WILL have deserved it and I won't hold back.

This is very close to what I was talking about. Have you read the norse myth about the wolf that gets loose from its chains and eats the sun (prophecy of the seeress)? Thats how the possible scenario of me raging looks like in my mind.

The second time the target of my fiery wrath ran away and yelled "She went crazy!"

Whew..

Major upsets, however, tend to result in implosion followed by barely controlled, moderately focused explosion at the one who's wronged me. Perhaps it's learned, but I tend to numb myself by default when the transgression occurs, take a day to figure out why the hell I'm so pissed off, and then shove a stick up their ass the next day.

Sounds familiar. I mostly retreat and find good reason why I should forgive. If it doesnt work, I stay away a bit longer.

In the last month I can say that I lost my temper really bad in public at least 7 times on complete strangers.

Thats weird.. I cant imagine myself getting angry like that.

Oh goodness! How could I forget the vigor of my youth (so long ago... 5, 6 years, is it?*)?! Yes, I punched a hole in my sister's wall, kicked a hole in her door, and cracked my mom's shin bone (not intentionally...

:shock:

Maybe we should be locked away. It is funny that the idealist stereotype with all the happy little bunnies and rainbows can be so wrong at times.

Jive A Turkey

MBTI Type
INFP
The last time I lost it was at work. I made a decision that ended up tremendously insulting someone I cared deeply about. When he explained to me that he had never been treated so horribly in all his years with the company I broke. I grabbed the closest thing I could find, a canister of sugar, and slung as hard as I could across the hall and shattered one of those stupid framed "teamwork" posters. I stormed out of the building. I was done. I went home and cried for hours.

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm about 50-50 E/I NFP and I heard that the negative part of our opposite comes out under stress..so usually I become E/ISTJ, brew my feelings, become extremely cold and angry and want to be left alone, then become pissed and let it out at whoever if they confront me about it. Then I become my regular self and feel bad... sometimes.. The problem with all this is that it takes time for me to get past the initial shock of whatever happened. Whenever something blow-up worthy happens I am in my NFP yeah whatever it's okay state, and then as time goes on I become more stressed and angry enough to let loose..

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I can take a lot of shit (lack of a better term) from someone for a long time, but when I explode LOOK OUT. I will go after all their weak points and purposely call them out with what I know will truly hurt to their core. It's not so much the current thing they did to upset me, but everything all wrapped up in one and it is not pretty.

I'm not proud of it and usually really upset for a long period after I do it, but again these have only been directed at people who wronged me a number of times.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't lost my self-control since I was ten. It bothers me. I would like to know how I react if I lose it, but of course I can't make myself lose it, and I'm not sure that I dared if I could. Its like, I have no evidence that I would be dangerous or anything, but it doesn't feel good not knowing...

The second last time I lost it was when I was 8 or something. My brother had left scissors on the floor and we ran around the house and I ended up having the scissors in my foot. I mostly yelled some ugly stuff. Then the last time was when we were fighting outside (i was sick of fighting all the time with him, but he somehow enjoyed it) and I broke his self-confidence by laughing at him while he was trying to keep me down. Im not sure if he ever recovered emotionally. He was devastated by it.

So, now I'm quite a lot older and I don't really know what I might do if I ever lose my sence of right and wrong. I mean, it was really a big surprise for the ten-year-old-me to break someone with a laugh, and I have never done anything like that again, but it makes me think that I could possibly hurt someone really bad if I don't keep myself in check.

Experiences?

Well, Nolla, at 28 I wish I could honestly say that I never blow up anymore, but that would be totally far from the truth. Being a person with extreme emotion, I find it easy to "go off the deep end" sometimes. Yeah, I get angry, cry, and say nasty things more than I should.

I suppose delving into myself and trying to act more rational might help me to get some perspective and not react so emotionally to things. But it is a damned hard process. I find humor helps, though, which is why I have resorted to finding comical ways of expressing my disgruntlement rather than cynical, sarcastic remarks. It doesn't ALWAYS work, though. :doh:

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
I don't know if this is normal for an ENFP at all, but I have a matchstick temper. I start extremely quickly but I die down really quickly. It can happen anywhere, and be instigated by anyone. I will be fine and all of a sudden I seriously, just can't control myself anylonger.

..... Luckily for me this never lasts more than 15 minutes.

Sounds familiar ;)
Most of the time I could control it before it really exploded.

Oh, I see an INFP exploded once. It was unexpected and scary :cry:. I had never expected those behavior come from my INFP friend. But now I'm prepared ;)

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm pretty short tempered.

Usually when i get a little angry I try to not let it bother me, but if it does, I'll usually start yelling or scolding really fast, then sit in a corner quietly after that.

And if I'm REALLY angry, I'll just start to spew whatever I'm feeling and what I think of it(even though I usually don't like sharing what i feel) and then the people around me who don't know me well will just stand there, totally stunned and speechless.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I get angry I make my dog eat potato salad and lock him up in fart jail with the person I'm angry at. The gas that comes outta that dog would kill an elephant....:devil:

But, assuming that DOESN'T work, :steam:

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
What happens when NF explodes?

Glitter and confetti! Rainbows! It will rain puppies! We're pinatas full of happy good feelings!

Actually, when I get truly angry (which doesn't happen much), one of two things will happen: I will get very, very, very quiet, or I will start rampaging (which can include breaking things, swearing, saying mean things).

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What happens when NF explodes?

Glitter and confetti! Rainbows! It will rain puppies! We're pinatas full of happy good feelings!

Penny whistles and candy and soft baby chicks!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i don't recall ever blowing up
and considering what i have been through and am going through......
?

i know that my eq is high, but still
and i really don't get angry or take anything personally

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
i don't recall ever blowing up
and considering what i have been through and am going through......
?

i know that my eq is high, but still
and i really don't get angry or take anything personally

Sounds very similar to my INFJ brother as well. He can keep calm all the time. I can't recall anytime that he really exploded.
I guess the auxiliary Fe helps INFJ have high EQ.

As an ENFP, I've barely blown up either. My anger comes very slowly. I can pretty much control it unless somebody is persistent poking or nudging it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sounds very similar to my INFJ brother as well. He can keep calm all the time. I can't recall anytime that he really exploded.
I guess the auxiliary Fe helps INFJ have high EQ.

As an ENFP, I've barely blown up either. My anger comes very slowly. I can pretty much control it unless somebody is persistent poking or nudging it.

That sounds like my twin. Extremely patient person until pushed so far she wants to pull your head off. I pity the fool that goes THERE. Fi really is a calmer form of feeling.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
In my experience INFJ are as vulnerable as any other of us human beings to losing temper.

I personally have had to work on anger management, myself.