• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INF Mannerisms on Video

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
An interesting discussion began in Tiltyred's thread about INFP and INFJ types mannerism and speech styles on video. This is a thread to post and compare styles based on either external typings or personal typings. It would be interesting to include celebrity, strangers, and our own videos for comparison. I think there are some interesting distinctions to examine as well as cross over types of mannerisms. It will just be interesting to see the discussion develop.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have a theory that Ni-Ti loopers have really laid back demeanors, but it's mostly because I know Ni to be a perceiving function and everyone I've ever struggled to type as an INFJ, including myself, and finally resolved that they were a laid back breed of the type, they always seemed to have strong Ni-Ti qualities, but quite withdrawn so that Fe was less visible. I can't come up with a celebrity example, except for character examples of Mulder from the "X-Files" and Allison Dubois from "Medium". Perhaps it has more to do with being from the 90's when everyone was so droopy. I couldn't find good video clips of them simply speaking individually, but if you can imagine the characters perhaps you will know what I mean. Perhaps I'll come back and post a link to the typing video clip I made about a year ago. I'll also try to think of better examples of what I'm talking about.

I hope others will post here... :)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I love Mulder. haha...but I know what you mean. I did a horrible job on my video and a friend told me that it was not like me in real life. I restrained myself from talking with my hands or showing too much facial excitement. I didn't want to come off as all "touchy feely" or anything and I wanted people to know that I'm a calm thinker. Maybe that just comes out TOO much? I think I'll try making another one and try to be more myself, but somehow when I know I'm being taped, I suddenly get all calm and stoic. It's a weird phenomenon.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love Mulder. haha...but I know what you mean. I did a horrible job on my video and a friend told me that it was not like me in real life. I restrained myself from talking with my hands or showing too much facial excitement. I didn't want to come off as all "touchy feely" or anything and I wanted people to know that I'm a calm thinker. Maybe that just comes out TOO much? I think I'll try making another one and try to be more myself, but somehow when I know I'm being taped, I suddenly get all calm and stoic. It's a weird phenomenon.
That would be great to see. There can be a switch of modes between Ni-Ti and Fe-Se for INFJ types, but I'm not sure if you are that or INFP. At any rate, personalities are complex with many dimensions to them. I'll go ahead and post my link here. People typically read strong Ni and Ti in the content of my communication, but my manner is not the stereotype J from what I know of it.

This clip took forever buffering on my computer, so hopefully it will work more quickly for others.
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/anwnnia/media/AnwnnTypocVid1.mp4.html
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/anwnnia/media/AnwnnTypocVid2.mp4.html?sort=4&o=1

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
That would be great to see. There can be a switch of modes between Ni-Ti and Fe-Se for INFJ types, but I'm not sure if you are that or INFP. At any rate, personalities are complex with many dimensions to them. I'll go ahead and post my link here. People typically read strong Ni and Ti in the content of my communication, but my manner is not the stereotype J from what I know of it.

This clip took forever buffering on my computer, so hopefully it will work more quickly for others.
http://s1221.photobucket.com/user/anwnnia/media/AnwnnTypocVid2.mp4.html?sort=4&o=1

You remind me of the ‘Mrs. Darling’ character from Peter Pan (2003), though I’m unsure whether it’s mainly the actress who’s playing the role or the features of the character. You definitely seem like a very sweet person, regardless.

*I've just watched some of her interviews, and she appeared like the soft-spoken variety of INFJ’s. You’re so lovely and feminine, fia! My best friend is also very feminine; I’m more of the Evangeline Lilly type. I'd try to wrestle her sometimes (my best friend) and it'd freak her out... haha.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

I will definitely do it then!

I really enjoyed watching your videos and think that you do come as having a kindness or a gentleness about you that isn't as apparent in your written communication, but written words are so limiting.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
give me a topic, and i'll talk about it for 5 seconds than go into what i want to talk about. if anyone needs INFP guinea pig for this thread

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I really enjoyed watching your videos and think that you do come as having a kindness or a gentleness about you that isn't as apparent in your written communication, but written words are so limiting.

I wish someone could explain this to me. How I come across online and how I come across in person are nearly completely opposite. It always stuns me to hear people's impressions of me as they see me online -- I've heard things like "I thought you were 6 feet tall," "I thought you had a deep, stern voice," and when they find out I'm 5' 3.5" and my voice is unusually soft and gentle, as is my demeanor, they flip. I wonder how many other INFJs have this experience.

ETA: This is what makes it hilarious when I make a smart-ass oneliner, too.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I wish someone could explain this to me. How I come across online and how I come across in person are nearly completely opposite. It always stuns me to hear people's impressions of me as they see me online -- I've heard things like "I thought you were 6 feet tall," "I thought you had a deep, stern voice," and when they find out I'm 5' 3.5" and my voice is unusually soft and gentle, as is my demeanor, they flip. I wonder how many other INFJs have this experience.

Tiltyred

I would love to watch your online video. Yeah, people always get mental images of each other and these images are so often so far off base. I'm not sure what makes us, as people, do that to each other. I guess we just have to have some image to tie things to in order to form an anchor in our minds. Not sure.

Anyway, I couldn't get the other link you posted to open. Do you mind posting it again? I would very much like to watch.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

I don't know if I thought you were 6 foot tall, but you do have a very large presence via the written word! :D It's interesting how people come across in different contexts.

You should post a video for us!

The video played just fine! Seeing/hearing you, makes you seem much more immediate. But I guess that's an obvious advantage of videos over written communication. Very interesting stuff! You certainly seem very INFJ here. I see more Fe in this video than I see in your posts...not that you aren't tactful, it's difficult to explain, but I saw it!

I know it's not very scientific, but I find the types give off very similar vibes. Even if you're very different than your MBTI brethren, the connecting thread comes through when you hear/see them speak and explain themselves. The vibe I get from Fia is consistent with the handful of INFJ's I have witnessed.

I made a video a couple years ago, and people claimed I was ENFP. Hopefully I don't ruin the thread's data pool with my lack of self-awareness, but I feel very INFP. It's just difficult to communicate my INFPness, Ne is much better at talking to people. Also, after about 30 seconds, you will have absorbed everything you need to know about my mannerisms, no need to watch the whole 8 minutes. I had a hard time staying on point because I was very nervous :newwink:

AaminaFlower

MBTI Type
INFP

I am 5 feet, 5 inches... depth: 8 ft 3 inches. Price negotiable. It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests. Kidding. :)

I do know how you feel. :)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The video played just fine! Seeing/hearing you, makes you seem much more immediate. But I guess that's an obvious advantage of videos over written communication. Very interesting stuff! You certainly seem very INFJ here. I see more Fe in this video than I see in your posts...not that you aren't tactful, it's difficult to explain, but I saw it!

I know it's not very scientific, but I find the types give off very similar vibes. Even if you're very different than your MBTI brethren, the connecting thread comes through when you hear/see them speak and explain themselves. The vibe I get from Fia is consistent with the handful of INFJ's I have witnessed.
I look forward to watching your video!

I know lately I've been a bit more aggressive online, but I'm wondering what the difference is. I wonder if I were to type out the content of what I said in the video if that would seem different, or if there is actually a type of contrast between having expressive mannerisms, but detached ideas. I think that could be an INFJ attribute if their internal world is Ni-Ti, their thoughts will be quite detached. Their connection to the concrete world is Fe-Se and so there is a way to be very connected in the moment of feeling and sensation. Perhaps that is why mannerisms can be very present and connected, but the ideas more distant, abstract, and structured?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made a video a couple years ago, and people claimed I was ENFP. Hopefully I don't ruin the thread's data pool with my lack of self-awareness, but I feel very INFP. It's just difficult to communicate my INFPness, Ne is much better at talking to people. Also, after about 30 seconds, you will have absorbed everything you need to know about my mannerisms, no need to watch the whole 8 minutes. I had a hard time staying on point because I was very nervous :newwink:
You do communicate a ton of Ne, but there are hints of Fi when you mention your personal preference of being around people who calm you and preferring to read and write. Perhaps someone who's thinking was dominated by Ne would enjoy a bit more stimulation socially? Not sure about that, but I'm just using backwards reasoning based on what you say about your preferences. I think that your Ne doesn't come through as much online?

It was fun to see because you are very imaginative, fun, and with a dash of nerdyness.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I think that could be an INFJ attribute if their internal world is Ni-Ti, their thoughts will be quite detached. Their connection to the concrete world is Fe-Se and so there is a way to be very connected in the moment of feeling and sensation. Perhaps that is why mannerisms can be very present and connected, but the ideas more distant, abstract, and structured?

This makes perfectly good sense to me and now I'm also wondering if it's true. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
INFJ's have ESTP functions in reverse order which makes them look similar yet opposite poles of reality.

INFJ

INFP's are same functions as ESTJ but on the opposite pole of reality.
INFP

Listen very closely to the content of their words as well. The INFJ is speaking about Fe and being a part of something bigger than himself. The INFP is focussed purely on the emotional content of her words and her individual morality.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Well, here it is, take two. I broke it into two segments so that it would be easier to load. I hope this take is a little truer to my delivery. I didn't answer all of the questions, but maybe I answered enough.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
INFJ's have ESTP functions in reverse order which makes them look similar yet opposite poles of reality.

INFJ

INFP's are same functions as ESTJ but on the opposite pole of reality.
INFP

Listen very closely to the content of their words as well. The INFJ is speaking about Fe and being a part of something bigger than himself. The INFP is focussed purely on the emotional content of her words and her individual morality.

Yes, I do see the difference.

Oh, and, btw, I love what he said about a fish climbing a tree.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], I LOVE your videos and you feel INFJ to me. There is a gentleness and conscientiousness about you. We agree on possibly everything you said. :)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here is my video, I may remove it later.

*removed*

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for sharing, [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]. Your video was really interesting to see, and you do come across very INFJ. It was interesting to see how you light up when you talk about people you like. I could feel that you were thinking about specific individuals each at a time. You had no hand gestures when talking until you talked about people, and then they were present during most of that which felt like you were more engaged in the external world.

There are a lot of distanced thought processes when thinking about universal systems. I do notice that Ni-Ti vs Fe-Se strong contrast in communication, although with your video I felt there was a topical aspect to it whereas in mine it seemed more of a parallel contrast of content vs. mannerism throughout.

I also felt a certain type of innocence from you at the very beginning when talking about what makes you angry. I felt a distinct distance between you and cruelty which could be because you have been able to keep it primarily theoretical and universalized in conception and reaction, or there could be another reason. Does that make sense? I've sometimes felt that innocence in your posts. It makes me feel like there is a certain distilled purity to your type. I don't know if you have ever noticed a certain grittiness, rawness, even earthiness in the posts by cafe, Tiltyred or myself. It is interesting because I notice similarity of thought processes, but a difference in terms of felt experience. I hope I am expressing myself correctly and not offensively because it is a rather intangible, inexplicable feeling that could mean a range of things. It is almost like there is an idealized aspect to how you experience and express type.