• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INF Mannerisms on Video

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They are like themselves, not like what they were raised by. They exist completely separately, in some cases not even being aware that they had a twin, yet when they're put together, they have identical mannerisms and quirks.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if I mentioned this before, but INFP & INFJ have different interaction styles also.

http://www.bestfittype.com/models/interactionstyles.cfm

infj:
Chart-the-Courseâ„¢

The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this style focus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done.

infp:
Behind-the-Scenesâ„¢

The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result.

Chart-the-Courseâ„¢ & Behind-the-Scenesâ„¢ have in common
Responding Roles-
Internal world, reflect, slow pace

I think enneagram likely comes into play here.... I have to admit, in re-reading this, I see myself in Chart-The-Course more than I would have imagined. Something between the two is more like me though. I suspect e9s are more squarely Beind-The-Scenes.

As a 4, I don't think I'm as patient or collaborative as behind-the-scenes sounds, and I like to keep things on track & get irritated with backtracking for revisions or endless discussion on what to do; but my theme is definitely more "best result" than "course of action". I improvise more in the flow of a process than set out any kind of plan. I do like a general idea of a deadline & end result goal, but am not one to create or monitor any kind of plan, preferring to just be informed by someone else who has handled the nitty gritty details. I don't particularly want or need much feedback. If I ask for it, I want ideas to throw into the mix, not specific direction. I'm very independent as far as my "vision" goes, but I don't like to direct others much. I can foresee what needs to be done, but not in a specific way where I can plan out practical logistics. It's more like I see future possibilities for expansion, ones desirable or necessary to sustain or grow something long-term. I definitely have an informative communication also, whereas INFJs are directive.

I know that's not a video, but I thought it might help with making some distinctions.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
These are things you're looking for with INFP. (You'll have to save this pic and then enlarge it to be able to read it.)
View attachment 9787
I watched that video and it was pretty fantastic analysis. I totally do all of those things. :shock: :yes:

I thought the most interesting observations were the "giddy smile/giggle", the "pained expression", and "tentative yet silly energy which can at times solidify into cold/exacting speech" - that's just... wow :shock: . The "pained" aspect explains why people sometimes ask me if I'm upset, when I'm not in the slightest bit.

But I guess when it's pointed out to me, all those things I can see why people find INFPs difficult to read or follow. Looking at the people in the video, there's such a shifting emotional tone and rhythm in their body, face and the way they speak, that often seems out of place with the subject matter. They're saying something relatively bland or matter-of-fact but their emotions seems to shift all over the place for no apparent reason. Also it's like there's all these secret feelings attached to each piece of information they're talking about, that we're not let in on.

Fascinating!

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No NeFi! :(

Here's a vid from my fave INFP :wubbie:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is my video, I may remove it later.

There is this thing that INFJs seem to do where they pause and they look up to the left (or is it right) while they are translating what's in their head into words. There are these eye gestures - flitting here to there but not looking directly at you. You seem to do those things. It's like you can see the wheels are turning in your head.

On Enneagram, my initial thought was that you could be a 2. 4 could fit but you seem happier in that video than some 4s I've known. I don't see 1, 3, 5, 7 or 8. 9 could be a possibility but I don't think that's right.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
There is this thing that INFJs seem to do where they pause and they look up to the left (or is it right) while they are translating what's in their head into words. There are these eye gestures - flitting here to there but not looking directly at you. You seem to do those things. It's like you can see the wheels are turning in your head.

On Enneagram, my initial thought was that you could be a 2. 4 could fit but you seem happier in that video than some 4s I've known. I don't see 1, 3, 5, 7 or 8. 9 could be a possibility but I don't think that's right.

On that cool site that [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] gave us the link to I was told that this thing you're describing is caused by Ni. Sometimes, it also makes an INFJ/INTJ look down, with a half-closed lid and even "zone" out. With INFJ's it's also being looped a bit with Ti so that you are actually ARE seeing the wheels inside their [our] heads turn:) See, wouldn't you love knowing that you have wheels in your head? Explains every headache I've ever had! On another note, you're very observant, you know for a sword wielding immortal and all.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On that cool site that [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] gave us the link to I was told that this thing you're describing is caused by Ni. Sometimes, it also makes an INFJ/INTJ look down, with a half-closed lid and even "zone" out. With INFJ's it's also being looped a bit with Ti so that you are actually ARE seeing the wheels inside their [our] heads turn:) See, wouldn't you love knowing that you have wheels in your head? Explains every headache I've ever had! On another note, you're very observant, you know for a sword wielding immortal and all.

I was trying to remember who [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] reminded me of in that video and it came to me that it's Nicole Kidman. Here is an interview that is a good example. The actual interview starts at about 5:30 you only have to watch a few minutes to see the same kinds of facial expressions and the movement of the eyes.

I have wondered about Tori Amos for years - video here. I've always thought she is INF but don't know about P or J. After the interview gets in motion, she does the same thing with her eyes moving around that Nicole Kidman does but there is not such dramatic shifts - she is more focused most of the time (at least with her facial expression even if I can't make sense of the stuff she is saying some of the time).

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That visual reading site needs to get it's arse in gear and get some more sensing types on there. ;)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFPs tend to look down. I do this all the time, so I can look in my head and better see what I'm thinking as I'm trying to describe it. It drives counselors crazy.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, this is part of what I was talking about with the eye movement. I'll have to read the MBTI functional analysis of eye usages, but what has been already established has more to do with visual, auditory, and kinesthetic memories. I'll have to rewatch a couple videos noticing the eye movement.
eyemov1.gif

I think Ni+Se is characterized very well in this video. I haven't had a chance to test this out, but this is really fascinating as a way of identifying someone's type. Identifying perception by looking at people eyes for example - it's sort of a revelation for me.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5

this was for the video challenge thing about two years ago. Please excuse my horrible scar. Also, it's kinda long. Sorry.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

this was for the video challenge thing about two years ago. Please excuse my horrible scar. Also, it's kinda long. Sorry.

Ok so following on that method on the Cognitive Type site, I can see a few things:

There are times such as when you talk about what you don't like, where your eyes are looking down pretty consistently. This syncs up with what they said about after Fi judgments are made, perception drops off and so you have a tendency to look down. See 10:30 for an example of Fi in this video.

There are periods where you can see Ne perception - eyes excitedly jumping around and you're quite expressive. See 22:50.

heartshapedbox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Here's a video I made some time ago.. I identify as INFP, but I have also INFJ tendencies (much Ne and Fe).. I would like to hear your opinion about it! :)

(Excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker :unsure:)

View My Video