• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs who want to be INFJs...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
who said i wanted to be an INFJ?

the OP suggested many INFPs mistype themselves as INFJs to feel more superior, unique, special, etc.

I wasn't aware anyone said you wanted to be an INFJ.

I haven't met a single INFP who wishes to be INFJ. I have noticed some confusion on this forum, even in myself, but it doesn't seem these people necessarily wish to be a J over P

W

WALMART

please elaborate

Put briefly, you think too much. My quote is in relation to introverted irrationals, Si and Ni types, who have a fair talent to 'float' through existence unquestioningly.

Of course, the problem I've identified with this is that this is a forum, where literal expressions of thought are nearly the primary source of intellectual convection. But still, I get a feeling...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the OP suggested many INFPs mistype themselves as INFJs to feel more superior, unique, special, etc.

I wasn't aware anyone said you wanted to be an INFJ.

I haven't met a single INFP who wishes to be INFJ. I have noticed some confusion on this forum, even in myself, but it doesn't seem these people necessarily wish to be a J over P

I'm a p, cuz my lead function is defiently Fi but I am punctual, detail oriented, rigid and I've been this way my whole life. It stresses me out when people make me late.there's another word that i can't think of.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Put briefly, you think too much. My quote is in relation to introverted irrationals, Si and Ni types, who have a fair talent to 'float' through existence unquestioningly.

Of course, the problem I've identified with this is that this is a forum, where literal expressions of thought are nearly the primary source of intellectual convection. But still, I get a feeling...

I'd say everyone thinks the same amount. Their brains just process and operate differently. How would you type me?

I am punctual, detail oriented, rigid and I've been this way my whole life. It stresses me out when people make me late.there's another word that i can't think of.

The whole thing about INFPs being procrastinators that can't show up on time seems to be a vastly overblown stereotype.

Have you ever considered that you might be on the autism spectrum, perhaps in the extremely high-functioning end? Please don't take this as an insult. I think it's a lot more common than people realize. Please please don't take that as an insult.

It's not only the INFPs that are mistyping as INFJs, it's everyone.

I didn't realize this.

It seems like there'd be more INTJs or maybe even the odd SJ mistyping as INFJ than INFPs mistyping as J.

When did you determine you were an INFJ, by the way? I noticed you were an INFP when I first joined. Just curious what made up/changed your mind?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The whole thing about INFPs being procrastinators that can't show up on time seems to be a vastly overblown stereotype.

Have you ever considered that you might be on the autism spectrum, perhaps in the extremely high-functioning end? Please don't take this as an insult. I think it's a lot more common than people realize. Please please don't take that as an insult.
I've considered this, but also, I was tested for it around 3 and I was deemed neurotypical. Of course this was like 89/90, I've considered it in part because, and I could be getting this confused with something else. I tend to make a lot of social mistakes, and not realize it til someone points it out. And unless someone is straight forward, I'll have absolutely no clue they're mad at me. But I mean, at this point in my life, I don't see a difference it would make

W

WALMART

[MENTION=19700]Lyedecker[/MENTION] - I don't think I agree. For example, with Se, "When he has sensed, everything essential has been said and done." It is easy to conceptualize this type of person. When the personality is most pronounced, it is that of complete physical tangibility with little room to err objectively, they prefer experience to logic. Rationality has little room in this paradigm, but you shouldn't mistake that for a lesser form of intelligence. It likely manifests itself as a "wait and see" mentality in regards to questions without immediate answers, as opposed to a habitual projection of past experience. It gets a little weird with Si and Ni, but the concept somewhat remains the same.

I think you've probably got a fair deal of Fi/Ne going on. You remind me of some others that have tested/self identify with Fi, at the very least.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay,

So I thought I was an INFP for the longest time, thought we were caring loving and sensitive, but I never saw myself be easily fitted in with the group. I was always the outcast and few people commented they wanted to be like me. I think I have some INFP qualities in me, but I am overall INFJ. Science and other things with more objective truths appealed to me more and sometimes I am not (which I am jealous of) is not someone just to connect and fall in and help with someone. I feel like I need a lot of time to get along with people, even though I spill my personal info guts out sometimes. Overall love fashion and still check out what great clothes what would fit on me and what girls could wear. (I'm a dude) and I can get really annoyed when things have been planned out at the longest time and nobody tells me that it's a sudden change.

I think the "3w2 part in me" can confuse people that I am an INFP. I can get people to laugh by acting like an ESTP or I just try to act cute and I have doe eyes in my physical appearance. Maybe I am just an INFJ dominant/INFP hybrid. I still don't get on time to things but if I really think it is important I will get there early. I don't like having an organized desk, but when I get mad. I clean haha. :newwink:

Edit: What's been in "" has been changed. Sorry. :(

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Okay,

So I thought I was an INFP for the longest time, thought we were caring loving and sensitive, but I never saw myself be easily fitted in with the group. I was always the outcast and few people commented they wanted to be like me. I think I have some INFP qualities in me, but I am overall INFJ. Science and other things with more objective truths appealed to me more and sometimes I am not (which I am jealous of) is not someone just to connect and fall in and help with someone. I feel like I need a lot of time to get along with people, even though I spill my personal info guts out sometimes. Overall love fashion and still check out what great clothes what would fit on me and what girls could wear. (I'm a dude) and I can get really annoyed when things have been planned out at the longest time and nobody tells me that it's a sudden change.

I think the 4w3 part in me can confuse people that I am an INFP. I can get people to laugh by acting like an ESTP or I just try to act cute and I have doe eyes in my physical appearance. Maybe I am just an INFJ dominant/INFP hybrid. I still don't get on time to things but if I really think it is important I will get there early. I don't like having an organized desk, but when I get mad. I clean haha. :newwink:
me minus the fashion part. I couldn't give to shakes of dog's wagging tail about fashion

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

When did you determine you were an INFJ, by the way? I noticed you were an INFP when I first joined. Just curious what made up/changed your mind?

That was a one time thing lol. I knew I wasn't INFP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no problem with that. It doesn't effect me, unless you try to dress me, which I'd let you cuz I'm too polite

Haha. Perhaps. Oh and I also am picky with grammar and spelling. Not perfect at it (obviously), but I don't like when people use words with wrong meanings and don't bother to correct themselves. (Sounds random, but reminds me of that.) So yeah, grammar police shoot down on me.

B

brainheart

Haha. Perhaps. Oh and I also am picky with grammar and spelling. Not perfect at it (obviously), but I don't like when people use words with wrong meanings and don't bother to correct themselves. (Sounds random, but reminds me of that.) So yeah, grammar police shoot down on me.

I agree with everything you say minus the fashion deal, just like [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]. Four also has a strong connection to 1, plus that inferior Te can make for a grammar Nazi at times. Seriously. I went on a month long campaign to try and get my husband to understand the concept of adverbs, but then I noticed I was turning into an annoying, naggy bitch and stopped. Thing is, I would never be uber particular like that all the time. It just comes in waves. Overall I'm pretty eh whatevs. But I am always looking up the meaning of words. No one, and I mean NO ONE, gets to dress me, though.

Oh, and I never act like an ESTP. My humor is dry as an acerbic Brit's upper lip.

A

Anew Leaf

I agree with everything you say minus the fashion deal, just like [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]. Four also has a strong connection to 1, plus that inferior Te can make for a grammar Nazi at times. Seriously. I went on a month long campaign to try and get my husband to understand the concept of adverbs, but then I noticed I was turning into an annoying, naggy bitch and stopped. Thing is, I would never be uber particular like that all the time. It just comes in waves. Overall I'm pretty eh whatevs. But I am always looking up the meaning of words. No one, and I mean NO ONE, gets to dress me, though.

Oh, and I never act like an ESTP. My humor is dry as an acerbic Brit's upper lip.

This made me laugh.

Many many years ago I was a mod on a very popular gaming site. I don't know if it's that POWER CORRUPTS AMFGS or what the deal was but as soon as I got the badge by my name I became a forum Nazi. Posts had to be (let's all chuckle on 1...2...3!) ON TOPIC or I would delete them, move them, etc.

It was like the dark kraken erupted from its watery hell of my squid ink heart and exploded all over the fucking place.

To sum up: I was not a favorite mod. >.>

Standuble

This made me laugh.

Many many years ago I was a mod on a very popular gaming site. I don't know if it's that POWER CORRUPTS AMFGS or what the deal was but as soon as I got the badge by my name I became a forum Nazi. Posts had to be (let's all chuckle on 1...2...3!) ON TOPIC or I would delete them, move them, etc.

It was like the dark kraken erupted from its watery hell of my squid ink heart and exploded all over the fucking place.

To sum up: I was not a favorite mod. >.>

You should have become a tyrant mod where you a) at least appear to violate the very rules you were enforcing and b) banned people without sufficient evidence. If you want to rage in a true inferior Te style then that's how to do it.

In any case Vicki Jo is probably the one responsible for this idea. Everyone else seems to be just following her lead.

As for me, I generally have an "anywhere but here" attitude to the whole thing which has resisted my best efforts to reform. In the spirit of "the grass is always greener" I would be tempted with an offer to change to another type if it were possible. But I would not single out INFJ as the desired destination it would be one of many favourable choices

A

Anew Leaf

You should have become a tyrant mod where you a) at least appear to violate the very rules you were enforcing and b) banned people without sufficient evidence. If you want to rage in a true inferior Te style then that's how to do it.

My favorite thing to do was to ban IP addresses. So delicious.

Now, of course, I am MUCH better about these things. Why if I became mod on here, I would only instantly ban about 10% of the population. Got to keep the forum clear of muggle-borns you know.

Standuble

My favorite thing to do was to ban IP addresses. So delicious.

Now, of course, I am MUCH better about these things. Why if I became mod on here, I would only instantly ban about 10% of the population. Got to keep the forum clear of muggle-borns you know.

Decimation is preferable to extermination I suppose. A gold star for being a paragon of ethical integrity.

A

Anew Leaf

Decimation is preferable to extermination I suppose. A gold star for being a paragon of ethical integrity.

I am easily bribed by pudding or kitten pictures. If you would like to confirm your name in the 90% then please send some to...