• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] What would it be like if NF's were the majority?

sych0

MBTI Type
INFJ
I was wondering recently what it might be like if instead of being 10% of the populous, what the world might be like if NF's were 40% of the populous, instead of SJ's.

Would it be any better of a world? Would there be less violence since we'd all be focused on making it an idealistic world or would it be total chaos and have a complete lack of infrastructure since we'd be too busy focusing on said idealism? Or would there be no infrastructure simply because we'd all be too busy daydreaming about what the world would be like if SJ's were the majority?

What are your thoughts?

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
. . . or would it be total chaos and have a complete lack of infrastructure since we'd be too busy focusing on said idealism? Or would there be no infrastructure simply because we'd all be too busy daydreaming about what the world would be like if SJ's were the majority?

This would be my guess. SJs exist in such abundance for a reason. Survival of the fittest. :)

Nah, NFs are great. But seriously I can't see myself or anyone much like me taking on the business of running the world. I'd much rather write about it. . .

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Eudaemonia for centuries before a swift and definitive alien invasion.

heart

heart on fire
These threads just seem like a blatant invitation for all the T to come in and tell all us NF what they don't like about us in the most degrading and nonsense terms possible.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
It would be one big circle jerk and lots of cuddling afterward.

:wubbie:

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
These threads just seem like a blatant invitation for all the T to come in and tell all us NF what they don't like about us in the most degrading and nonsense terms possible.

Or this could just be a cool thread that has the potential to be ruined by a few pricks.

It would be one big circle jerk and lots of cuddling afterward.

Cuddling is the best. I'm a total girl for saying it, but I could forgo most other affection in a relationship if I just cuddled with someone a whole bunch. Also, kittens.

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
And I am new enough to have faith that they won't do it every time.

Only time will tell now!

heart

heart on fire
And I am new enough to have faith that they won't do it every time.

Only time will tell now!

Well, even our own kind is saying we'd end up in some ridiculous circle jerk situation. ;) I say the thread doesn't have too far to drop at this point. :D

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think we are just as capable of running a majority as SJs are, it would just be a bit..different, in a good way of course.

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
heart said:
Well, even our own kind is saying we'd end up in some ridiculous circle jerk situation. I say the thread doesn't have too far to drop at this point

Hehe, yeah. I mean, what could they even say in the first place, though? "Oh, my you have emotions. How silly of you."

Like water off a duck's back.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hehe, yeah. I mean, what could they even say in the first place, though? "Oh, my you have emotions. How silly of you."

Like water off a duck's back.

They could say that your inferior abilities in analyzing problems cia logical means would result in you failing to produce a cohesive or productive society, in a myriad of specific ways that could be explained in detail. They could also say that the world as we know it would not have advanced beyoned mysticism as much as the real one has.

I don't really believe those things are true, but I am telling you that there is plenty of material with which to insult you.

That being said, I'd like to raise a complaint because you people are apparently stealing cuddling from me, as if I, as a non-NF, do not appreciate cuddling. :nono:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
What would it be like if NF's were the majority?

Oh god, it would be terrible. Too much emotions and too little objective decision making. LOL. Just go and check one of those only NF discussion groups. Drama, drama...

Even in group theories it states that a good team is made of different kinds of people.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I think the world would be better if NJs ran things.

NF is tough because that takes INFJs and ENFPs, two very different creatures, and bunches them into one archetype.

That being said, even if NFs were the majority SJs would still run things. That's just what they do.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
For some reason, THIS is what came to mind...

:D

sych0

MBTI Type
INFJ
For some reason, THIS is what came to mind...

:D

Hey, I'm down with that!

But ya, this wasn't meant as a "hey come insult us" thread. I was imagining what it'd be like and wanted feedback. I, like sleep, am also new here ;)

It's interesting to me to think, if we were able to accomplish an infrastructure, to see what things might be different. Can anyone say Department of Homeland Emotional Security?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why does everyone focus on our emotions? and doesn't EVERYONE have emotions to an extent? don't we just USE ours for something?
we have other qualities that could be useful to society.