• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Weight of the world

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
Do you ever just, feel the weight of the world's hurt on your shoulders?
Like we should be saving the world?
Like we should be doing something to somehow cure the darkness that is in people's lives?

I know there's nothing I can do. Really, big picture-wise, there is nothing I can do.

I can talk my friend out of suicide one night, but that doesn't mean that tomorrow, a month, a year, 5 years from now, they won't feel the same pain they felt then.

I don't know. Sometimes I just feel it all. It's weight holds me down and depresses me. It hurts me to see people hurting. To think that I could be having a great day, and someone else could be having the worse day of their life.

Sometimes these emotions cripple me. I should be doing things around my house right now, but instead I'm reading, researching, googling how to help my friends who are hurting. Listening to music that makes me feel the pain that they're feeling.

I mean, how can people ignore the clouds of other people's lives?

Standuble

I agree with all of that. Supposedly it is the weight of the Fi. But perhaps it is the automatic perspective of all NFs?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No, ENFJs (Fe) feel it too, we just feel it a little differently. We try to create harmony and peace in our environments, for ourselves and for everyone around us, we advise others and sometimes we even "butt in" (not as much as the ESFJs, lol); generally we try to be there for people in real ways. We try to save the world. Unfortunately, we fail, time and time again, because as much as we want to save others, people have to want to save themselves. All we can really do is offer kindness, love and practical helps hoping that people will realize that they are in more control over whether their end is neigh then anybody around them.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I have a lovely friend like this. She describes it this way: She feels so old because she has gone through a lot, but when she sees other suffering and going through so much she realizes how much of a child she is ...how much she doesn't know and she really wants to understand (she does understand very well, so she is a good listener).

I could be wrong, but it seems like people like you guys can really get at the heart of what's important for a person... or maybe even all of humanity lol... but seriously...

ENfiniTy x INFinity

Permabanned
Like we should be doing something to somehow cure the darkness that is in people's lives?

I know there's nothing I can do. Really, big picture-wise, there is nothing I can do.

I can talk my friend out of suicide one night, but that doesn't mean that tomorrow, a month, a year, 5 years from now, they won't feel the same pain they felt then.

I don't know. Sometimes I just feel it all. It's weight holds me down and depresses me. It hurts me to see people hurting. To think that I could be having a great day, and someone else could be having the worse day of their life.

Sometimes these emotions cripple me. I should be doing things around my house right now, but instead I'm reading, researching, googling how to help my friends who are hurting. Listening to music that makes me feel the pain that they're feeling.

I care, yet I can only do so much to help people. Ultimately, people are the masters of their destiny. They have the capacities to transform their situation. I cannot force their hand, I can only guide, and lead by example.

When I feel the weight of the world crushing down on me, I have a great cry, and I look at something funny. There's no point in carrying baggage with me where I'm going.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have major empathy for kids...like my heart physically hurts whenever i witness how kids are treated by most adults. i want so badly to hug them and tell them how beautiful and special they are and make them feel like their thoughts are interesting and worthwhile. ughh...so many people just make them feel like annoyances. it pisses me off greatly.

but...as a typical 7 i usually shut out most of the sadness in the world...just sort of as a reflex...it's like feeling it is dangerous for me...or something.

i do get in those moods where i'm very aware of it all and it sucks. i'm glad they're infrequent.

Last edited:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i have major empathy for kids...like my heart physically hurts whenever i witness how kids are treated by most adults.

Oh god some neighbor of mine yells to his kids like hell, the kids ofc are disobedient and i can hear them yelling "COME EAT" "NO" "COME EAT NOW!" "NO!" "YOU COME EAT NOW!!!!!!!!" "NO!!" and bla bla bla all the time.. It really pisses me off because its the parents who dont know what they are supposed to do that causes the kids to act the way they do, which again infuriates the parents and the vicious circle continues.

But what comes to weight of the world, you people need to chill. Sure the world is full of shit, but also full of good things. ENFPs are one of the good things in the world, so basically just be existing you are doing a good job :D . So just do your thing, dont stress and you will be wiping the shit off the world :yes:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Encourage them to slit their wrists? Tell them you'll post 666 photos of them bleeding out.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, but I try to keep it shut off unless there is something I can actually do about it for sanity's sake. It's why I don't watch the news, especially if there's been a natural disaster or mass killing, etc. :emot-emo:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I've learned is the world is full of crap.

That doesn't mean you need to add to it though.

Small things do wonders for peoples lives. It may not fix their long-term troubles, but just a smile means a lot. It makes things less crappy.

When that person chooses to do something about it, that is when you know you did something, however small it was.

But when a push isn't enough to get the person started, all you can do is wait...

What that person chooses is ultimately up to him/her.

That is really all we can do.

sarek

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to heal the world. But there's just so much healing to be done out there, and the task is so daunting. I think the only way to stay sane is do our own little part in it and be that little bit of change.

S

Stansmith

I don't think about that stuff much at all tbh. Life and humanity is neutral.

MBTI Type
Mann

Puke.

Do what you can where you can with what ya got. Fuck the rest. Keep moving.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love that there are people who feel this way, but like the other S posters, I can't relate. At my worst, I'll feel the weight of my family or the people I know personally on my shoulders, but the range meets a hard end there. Being able to put a real dent in the world's sadness is so unlikely for an individual that I can't feel anything or even think about not being able to help on that kind of scale. My first knee-jerk reaction to the OP was that it was grandiose, but that's only because it would be for myself.

But the way to get the most out of whatever global potential you might have is to find and stick with what you're best at. It's like what a friend told me recently when I was hurting at work and considering whether it would be to much trouble to seek a position in, well, a FiSe department instead of a FeSi: if you do what you do best, you'll make the whole company more $$$ than if you stay in a place where what you were born with limits you. Using what you've got is worth it for everybody, even if, for an overwhelming majority of people, just a little bit.

momoness

I once witnessed a woman being verbally abused by her husband and it depressed me for a few years.

I once met an intellectually disabled/low-functioning schizophrenic and wished God that She/He would make me the same as him so I know what it feels like to be him.

So, yes, I do take the pain of the world on my shoulders. I am trying to pull myself out from my depression to take a Master's in international development.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm apparently one of those selfish, self-absorbed Fi-users, and I don't think about that stuff a lot, to be really honest about it. I'm too lost in my own affairs.

Yeah, I do have tendencies to see the truly warped stuff about the planet I live on, and I often wish I had magical powers to avenge everyone, but it tends to make me feel angry rather than hurt. I'm remarkably...not good at feeling for others unless I make deliberate attempts to do so. It'd have to be someone close to me before it blips the radar. (Sorry)

Other times, I want to fix problems simply because I know it's going to affect me personally (climate change, for instance).

I've seen other NFs feel deeply for others, though--my stepfather for instance. He's an INFP, and my mother, who may also be an INFP, insists that he "feels too deeply for others".

I guess each NF really is an individual.