• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF and Sensuality+ low self-esteem

Hang

MBTI Type
INFJ
Do all NFs have suicidal thoughts. It seems that we're prone to that.
But ENFXs are confindent... well most are.

And I know a bunch of NFs who enjoy writing erotica, I myself for one. Are we also consider the most sensual types? I.E: Casanova (ENFJ), Gandi (INFJ, you should read his backround)

Tell me does this only go to NFs or do all types experience this? :huh:

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
Do all NFs have suicidal thoughts. It seems that we're prone to that.
But ENFXs are confindent... well most are.

And I know a bunch of NFs who enjoy writing erotica, I myself for one.

Tell me does this only go to NFs or do all types experience this? :huh:

No, I have not had suicidal thoughts ever.

I don't enjoy writing that much either, but I'll read and erotica sounds hawt.

DynamicG

MBTI Type
ENFP
HMMM

I'm not prone to suicidal thoughts, as I tend not be depressed for longer than 12 minutes at a time. I'll occasionally venture down that road, but it's never more than a few feet before I knock myself out of it.

I do love to write though. Whether it's on an academic paper or a column for the school newspaper I get a huge kick out of it.

Actually writing has been very good in helping me with my consistency and ability to put thoughts together in a reasonable fashion.

I think this is one of those things that may divide up differently among the different NFs. I can't imagine many ENFP's being depressed for long periods of time.

Then again you said suicidal thoughts. Thinking about it briefly and really considering it are two different things.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
never had a suicidal thought.. it's not being an NF.. it's being emotionally and mentally unstable.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
I have had suicidal thoughts before, most strongly and frequently in my mid teens. I put it down to the problem I have with acceptance. Acceptance of myself and of reality and of life. I am a stubborn idealist at heart; I have had the urge to impose my will creatively on myself, my life and my world to try to make all three get closer to my ideals. As I grew older, I turned toward more realistic self-improvement and problem-solving goals. Then I reached a point where I felt I'd solved most every problem I'd wanted to solve. And then I had a baby, and now I'm trying to get used to the "new normal".

What was weird was that, while pregnant, I remember lying half-asleep on the sofa, drifting out of cat-naps all day, while the History Channel was on. All day, the History Channel had end-of-the-world stuff. Stuff about predictions about what will happen in 2012, for instance. Also about the Book of Revelations. News abounds now of peak oil, the housing bubble, the decline of America relative to the rest of the world in every way but militarily...And I feel fine. I don't know how or why. I chose to bring a new life into the world without knowing if the world will be fit for him as he grows up. But somehow I feel optimistic for no reason.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
Don't mean to rub it in or anything, but as an ENFP, you let me do my thing at school and work, and for the most part, I will be walking with a pocket full of sunshine.

Looming deadlines, a regimented lifestyle, and lonelyness killl me.

Honestly I have never contemplated suicide.

There is no shame in contacting a suicide prevention hotline, those guys are insanely cool, and I used to volunteer at one for 5 years. They won't give you any of that bullshit "keep your chin up" 1920's advice either. They will just sit their and have a nice long chat with you and try to help you figure out whats up, on the inside.

Good luck with everything.

-----------------------
On a side note, I never noticed that we had an idealistic furry on the boards. HI!!!

sleep

MBTI Type
INFP
My suicidal thoughts have not ever sprouted from sadness. It's generally just the odd, passing feeling of "You should grab that knife and cut your own throat." It sounds much darker than it is though. I'm a happy person I think. I just have weird thoughts and feelings occasionally.

As far as erotica goes, I'm seventeen, so I'm basically fascinated by sex and sexuality. I think I have been for a long time in the same way one is fascinated by a theory or style of living. It's never been the whole "Man I want to bone her" thing. It's always been "I wonder how that feels." or "What kind of emotion or notion occurs when you follow the motion of the ocean" I can't write erotica, though. I don't have much experience in that area, and if you're going to write about something so physical and subjective, you should probably know the experience first.

S

Sniffles

I used to have some suicidal thoughts, or at least thoughts about how the world would be better if I was never born.

Yet I never followed through with such(obviously), because I always had a strong innate stubborness to never let such feelings or life problems bring me down.

As I grow older, such thoughts become rarer. I honestly say that despite whatever troubles I face, I'm in love with life. Life is such a wonderful mystery, and suicide is just the cowards' way out.

As Bishop Fulton J. Sheen famous said, "Life is worth living."

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have had suicidal thoughts but only when depressed, which was, in hindsight, primarily circumstantial. Life is better now and the thoughts are gone.

I can't really imagine writing erotica because 1.) I'm somewhat prudish :blush: and 2.) why would I write about it instead of do it? :doh:

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, all NFs have suicidal thoughts. Every one of them. There are no exceptions.*

We are also the most prone to getting caught up in the senses. We cannot look beyond the touch, taste, smells, and sight of our lovers. We are very sense-oriented. *

...now that was by far the most smart-ass lame response I've given on this site.

EDIT: *Sarcasm

Last edited:

wolfmaiden14

*ears perk up*
MBTI Type
Infx
Well, type related or not, I'm well within the realm of "Hell yes" on all accounts. >.>

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Suicidal thoughts as in thoughts about suicide, or as in actually seriously contemplating suicide as an option?

If the former, than yes, I've had (and have) many "suicidal thoughts," but I've never been anywhere near killing myself.

I dunno if the thoughts are abnormal or what, probably it would be unhealthy to brood on them much, but they've never scared me. I've wondered why people commit suicide, what it must feel like to be in such a state mentally, if there is anything that could drive me to kill myself and if so what and how would I do it. I've liked some really dark poetry, and was very absorbed in Sylvia Plath's novel "The Bell Jar" while I was reading it and for some time afterward. I've never had that kind of depression, but somehow I could empathize with the main character very well. This is probably due more to Plath's excellent writing than anything. And yeah, there have been a few other short stories and fictional things about suicides that really grabbed my attention and interest.

And that is my history with morbidity and "suicidal thoughts." But it's been far from an obsession, more like a recurrent curiosity. I believe I'm a very happy person and quite committed to staying alive for as long as possible. :)

If you are having suicidal thoughts that are troubling to you, I would say you should definitely talk to someone. Take it seriously, you probably wouldn't be worried if there was no reason to be.

If it's just idle curiosity, I'd put it down to being an emo NF. ;)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
No one so far has discussed the "sensual" part of the question...

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
I used to have suicidal thoughts a few years ago. These days I don't think I'll ever have them again, but you never know in the far future. I'm pretty sure any type can have suicidal thoughts and not just NFs in general. I would say introverts might be prone to more suicidal thoughts than extroverts, but I wouldn't say NFs would be more prone than SJs.

I like writing fiction, but I haven't written erotica, though I've come close and probably eventually will hahaha. I have written romances. I'm really not sure what you mean by sensual... I would think of SPs in terms of sensuality lol

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP

Regarding the sensual, I am 22 and a virgin by choice and I am very proud of it. So it would be like a prostitute writing a book about chastity.

sych0

MBTI Type
INFJ
Serious thoughts of doing it? No. Passing thoughts and situations? Of course. I can see killing myself if the girl I passionately loved killed herself ala Romeo and Juliet. (yay, I just tied together passion AND suicide!)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Serious thoughts of doing it? No. Passing thoughts and situations? Of course. I can see killing myself if the girl I passionately loved killed herself ala Romeo and Juliet. (yay, I just tied together passion AND suicide!)

Yeah...I would never kill myself over another person.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP

Yes, I freakin did! I said erotica sounded hawt and I got a link out of it but I'm planning on it as soon as I get some alone time.