• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs - Have you ever been diagnosed as having ADD?

INFPs - have you ever been diagnosed as having ADD?

• Total voters

Electra2

MBTI Type
INFP
I am ADD and it is REAL!!! Trust me on this one.
As a kid I was worried I had "mad cow desease" , Azsheimers or Parkinsons, honestly :/
Never knew I had the "MBD" back then ("ADD")
They want to call it CDD in sciencetific circles, I read :eek:

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Well, plot twist, an INFP who thinks they really do have ADD.

Now I was never diagnosed with ADD, but instead ADHD. The medicine was horrible, and I stopped taking it. Vyvanse is some horrible stuff. Depression in a bottle. At least for me and a friend who took it as well.

Yaru

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I havent been tested, but I usually score the highest result in the ADD ADHD tests.
I don't know people around me know what ADD is, but they often accused me of being too detached from real world and having the worse attention span.
I've suffered because of this a lot at school.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I havent been tested, but I usually score the highest result in the ADD ADHD tests.
I don't know people around me know what ADD is, but they often accused me of being too detached from real world and having the worse attention span.
I've suffered because of this a lot at school.

Which is why there is no future for us. We are the outcasts, the downtrodden, the forgotten—the defects! That is why I wish I could work with people alone. I an so sick of social games and just want to know where I truly stand with people. Let your yes mean yes, and your no mean no. No exceptions.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
people with way worse disorders and way worse prognosises than people with ADD have found success.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
no, I'm much more OCD than ADD.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
I'm diagnosed ADHD! I have almost no attention span, it's incredibly difficult for me to focus on one thing for more than a minute before wanting to jump to something else.

people with way worse disorders and way worse prognosises than people with ADD have found success.

ADHD, like all disorders, varies in severity from person to person. Some with ADHD get along relatively okay, while others struggle a lot. Plus it doesn't help that ADHD is a disorder of executive functioning, which involves skills such as planning, self-control, working memory, etc. - basically most of the things nearly required to be successful in this world.

Suaimhneas

As far as I'm aware the term ADD and ADHD represent the same condition, but the term ADD is outdated and no longer used in the DSM. Sometimes I wonder if it truly qualifies as a medical condition or if it's merely an aspect of personality. Diagnoses are at times questionable and while many people benefit from treatment, I think it as used by many as a performance enhancing drug of sorts. That being said, I can definitely see how NP types could be prone to symptoms ADHD.

In regards to myself, I was generally a good student throughout school. However, I found myself easily distracted and sometimes struggling to pay attention to topics that either didn't interest me or that I didn't feel were worth my time. I tended to procrastinate until the last minute with assignments and studying, if I studied at all. I remember standardized tests being the absolute worst... there was one specific test where my mind wandered somewhere far away... I didn't realize until they called the ten minute warning! I wonder, looking back, how much my scores would have improved had I been on Adderall or Ritalin. Later in life, I actually met with a psychiatrist where I filled out questionnaires for ADHD. I tested "extremely high" in all categories, but never received a follow up appointment for diagnosis and further testing because the facility never answered my calls. I suppose the problem wasn't enough to necessitate pushing it further. I think medication certainly would have improved certain areas of my academic career, but looking back I'm happy I never obtained a prescription for regular use. It forced me to deal with some of my worst habits... my apathy and lack of motivation.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always thought ENFPs are more often diagnosed with ADHD ... but ok.

When I was a child I had a very short attention span, was extremely active and couldn't sit still, not at school and neither at home - although I tried really hard. It was so bad that teachers worried about me a lot but they never mentioned ADHD. I don't know if the teachers in this incredibly small town where I went to elementary school (population less than 500) had any idea what ADHD was. But my mom mentioned it a few times when I was around. During puberty I became more introverted and quiet and my parents told me I should forget about the whole ADHD idea because it was clear to them I did not have it. To this day I have energy levels out of the norm. Even though I "calmed down" during puberty I seriously needed to take on different sports because I had way too much energy. I could not sleep at night, at all. Fortunately I found field hockey, badminton and kickboxing, because I needed it to be able to sleep. I did about 23 hours of sports a week and still had troubles sleeping at night sometimes. Since puberty kicked in I have not experienced any troubles concentrating on tasks - one of the symptoms of ADHD. I am convinced I do not suffer from ADHD, but unusally high energy levels, and that's it. At times it can be a fine line between being disordered and just unusual.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Yeah I was diagnosed when I was young when I had a teacher talk to my parents and say that I confused her. That I seemed to have problems with focus and that my performance was really inconsistant.

My parents didnt really investigate it but I WAS diagnosed with ADHD... just... diagnosed and then sort of nothing was done.

Got rediagnosed in college. Its weird. I probably have the combined type considering one psychiatrist didnt really see any hyperactive symptoms... but several therapists think Im a very obvious example of the combined type- and they see a LOT of hyperactivity issues.

It causes me significant trouble... mostly in school but... other places too. Because it does make me inconsistant when it comes to being able to pay attention... Ive worked service jobs where Id have to have people repeat their orders several times. Several. Because I would find myself not listening even the second or third time. Im unable to watch most TV or movies. They are too... I just get bored. Ill find myself watching a movie and then replaying scenes again and again because I start thinking about something else and then miss the scene. I timed myself recently and it took me almost 5 hours to finish a 2 hour movie. Because i replay and replay and replay and get distracted and distracted and distracted. Im not good at doing things most people do to past the time... which I wish I was better because that would make things so much easier.

But yeah. Ive had enough people throughout the years think Im stupid because I dont learn the same way a lot of people do. I have to be really engaged to learn... really engaged (or adderall)

But yes. Ive been diagnosed and I take medicine for it and it helps but there are tradeoffs. I hate having this, Im glad Ive been diagnosed but it sucks that there was so much to diagnose. But yeah. I am probably one of the most ADHD people I know

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Dreamy," "Possibly Aspergers," "Acute Timidity" (last one from a child shrink). Teacher in 1st grade thought I might have hearing problems. Not sure why, but I read in some article that Elon Musk had the same thing happen to him in his childhood.

But no, going back to the subject at hand, I've not received a formal diagnosis of anything, besides Panic Disorder (as an adult) which was situational and subsided after a time. I no longer meet diagnostic criteria for either that, or major depression (primary care doctor thought I was suffering from it). I haven't gotten my xanax script filled since like, a year ago. So I'm good.

I grew up in a bubble. I was homeschooled for most of grade school. This probably precluded any formal intervention.