• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's, what is your enneagram? Do you get along with 6's and 8's?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just wondering

billygoat

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4?9
Taking all with a grain of salt given my general inexperience with this system; I would say I get on very well with people who I would characterise as 6s, though it can be difficult to get close to them. My SO has many 6 qualities and our relationship is very good, though he often needs help to work through anxiety issues.

8s. I'm not sure, to be honest. I don't really think I have any very close contact with anybody that I would see as an 8. There may be a reason for that.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a 4w5, and for that reason, likely an NF. I'm thinking xNFP--I seem to be Fi-dom and Si-inf at the same time, so it's still under consideration.

I'm also 8- and 6-fixed (my tritype). Might as well ask how I get along with myself! I have enormous trouble seeing myself as an NF. Too much anti-idealism, too much pragmatism, stuff like that. I'm frustrating for me to deal with!

I haven't had any issues getting along with 8s and 6s IRL, though. Doesn't seem much different than getting along with the rest of humanity. I'm interested in hearing others' responses.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like 6s and respect but clash with 8s.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP 4w5 here.

6s are a mixed bag. It depends on the individual & probably their MBTI type to some degree. Some are pretty cool with lots of intellectual interests & depth. Others are too ready to fight the boogeyman, & I find some judgmental towards me because they tend to categorize people negatively when they don't easily understand them well.

I don't know many 8s up close & personal, so I cannot say. We don't seem to cross paths.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFP 4dw.

I like both 6s and 8s. Usually it takes me longer to befriend the 8 than the 6, but I end up getting along better with the 8. 6s dont respond well to my flakiness and I get anxious when they go all paranoid on me - I dont enjoy being investigated like I'm potential enemy nr 1 - especially after we've already become somewhat close. 8s do their 'who the fuck are you' bullshit upfront. I can take that, as we aint that close just yet. Once you re in though, they tend to not go paranoid on your ass as easily. And I actually enjoy the feel of their often intimidating energy as it means I don't have to curb mine for once, which can be a big relief. The blunt honesty policy helps too. It means I can take a break from social manoeuvring which can be refreshing.

Both types are intense and very loyal and protective once you do befriend them, and rather pro-active in what they want in life - something I find rather inspiring considering my own easy-going, more passive/reactive nature. They push me in to pushing back which leads to a fun interaction.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP 4dw.

I like both 6s and 8s. Usually it takes me longer to befriend the 8 than the 6, but I end up getting along better with the 8. 6s dont respond well to my flakiness and I get anxious when they go all paranoid on me - I dont enjoy being investigated like I'm potential enemy nr 1 - especially after we've already become somewhat close. 8s do their 'who the fuck are you' bullshit upfront. I can take that, as we aint that close just yet. Once you re in though, they tend to not go paranoid on your ass as easily. And I actually enjoy the feel of their often intimidating energy as it means I don't have to curb mine for once, which can be a big relief. The blunt honesty policy helps too. It means I can take a break from social manoeuvring which can be refreshing.

Both types are intense and very loyal and protective once you do befriend them, and rather pro-active in what they want in life - something I find rather inspiring considering my own easy-going, more passive/reactive nature. They push me in to pushing back which leads to a fun interaction.

I find what you've said here to be my understanding too. I have an ENFP friend 4w3 and I will have to keep in mind what you said about the investigating. lol

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFP 6w7.

6s are a mixed bag. It depends on the individual & probably their MBTI type to some degree. Some are pretty cool with lots of intellectual interests & depth. Others are too ready to fight the boogeyman

I feel the same way about 6s, actually, pretty much. Some have figured out how to mostly redirect that nervous probing energy into productive causes, while others are really caught up in it and have a hard time not blasting it at people. With 6s I know IRL I generally enjoy spending time with them and find it easy to relate, but I tend to leave ASAP if they start to get paranoid. I have enough of a challenge dealing with myself, much less another dose of that.

With 8s, what [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] said about it being nice not having to censor is true. You can say shit to an 8 that basically no other Enneatype would find acceptable, and they take it in stride, which is really nice on the sx/Te at times. That said, I'm usually pretty intimidated by 8s, and have a hard time developing relationships with them unless we're forced to work together for some reason, and even then there's tension. I can remember an 8 from high school who terrified me... I still avoid her. She had to have been 8w7 sx/so, because her intensity was off the charts.

G

garbage

enfj 3w4-6w5-1w9

Yeah, 6s and 8s are quite alright. I'm a pretty grounded person. When stuff hits the fan with the 8 mindset, I'll simply do my best to either match them pound-for-pound or ignore the 'game' entirely, depending on the situation.
That second option often produces entertaining results. :popc1:

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
My best friend is an 8, and with a 9 wing she can express herself very well. We're both emotionally dominant and she has no problem expressing her vulnerability. She teaches me to be more independent and confident. We're both highly intuitive; while I am more self aware, she is more external-socially aware.

The friend I've known the longest is a 6, and though I've known her the longest, it's exceptionally hard for me feel close to her, despite her loyalty. She is quite a private individual and sometimes I feel like she's silently judging me. It's strange how even if I can tell she disagrees with my beliefs, she won't confront me about it. I'm not keen on passive aggressiveness. 6s I find, exhibit this trait so it doesn't threaten their loyalty to/from a person.

I much therefore prefer 8s over 6s to be honest.