• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFJ] ENFJs (and INFJs)

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My best friends are Beta’s (or Ni/Fe/Te/Se users)… Oh, and the relationship between Socionics’ INFp and ENFj is not parallel to that of MBTI’s INFP and ENFJ.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tell me a little about ENFJs, please.
How do they look different from an INFJ when the INFJ is in social mode?
I have a new ENFJ coworker.
Maybe there is a thread comparing the two types that I couldn't find?
Thank you.
Some info about ENFJs:
ENFJ profile
ENFJ poorly translated profile

Yup. I think that interaction between ENFPs and INFJs tends to be better and that interaction between ENFJs and INFPs tends to be better ... which is exactly as Socionics predicts. I'm not 100% sure that I'm ENFJ, but it's a possibility for my type, and I'm not a very live and let live person myself. I tend to clash a lot with ENFPs, and INFJs too somewhat...but there's less clashing there.
Yep, the interaction between contrary or extinguishment types is usually pretty good.
So it's common for INFJs to have ENFP friends, while INFPs get attracted to ENFJs.

Interactions between INFJs and INFPs as well ENFJs are ENFPs are usually characterized by a lot of small-scale squabbling, as was mentioned in quasi-identical relations article.

samwisedumb

MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
so
Yes but less so. INFJs can be very strange and disconcerting to me, honestly. I was a science major in college and I was friends with a couple of INFJ girls who seemed to have no outside interest in science, like they just did it because they were able to with their dominant Ni or something. One would write poetry in organic chemistry class. If I ever tried to talk about sciency things with them outside of class they would be really uninterested.

Hah, I'm great at math and science and am very interested in both, but I only really like the theoretical approach to both. I guess that's my obscene preference for N of S. I still love the humanities and that "other weirdo shit," but I find it hard to expand my influence of power to help people in those fields. I experience the humanities on my own time.

Anyway, I don't know what sciency things you talked about; but whenever someone else walks up to me and starts talking about science, it can be interesting for a while, yet if they go on too long it can get incredibly boring. It seams that's all they care about. For me there are so many other things to discuss in the world like books, poetry, why people act the way they do, ect...

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Sometimes, as with me, an INFJ is also an ENFJ or vice versa, making the INFJ the most extroverted of the introverts and the ENFJ the most introverted of the extroverts. But when I separate my INFJ side from my ENFJ side, I would say that my ENFJ side is more talkative and giving. My INFJ side is more philosophical and woo woo.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
So...how do ENFJs do with chaos and being displaced and such?

Hmm. They can roll with it but internally I don't think they do well if it goes on for too long, at least as far as my ENFJ goes. I would be very bad in a situation like yours. This is one reason I work from home and I would imagine most INFJ's would have a similar reaction to yours. Yes you should watch P&R, we know another couple that has called us Leslie and Ron on more than one occasion. I'm Ron, obviously.

S

Society

hmm...

just throwing it out there - the easiest way to tell the difference between an ENTP and an INTP would be with the location of Fe from a distance (sly vs. passive social engagement) and to a lesser extent the location of Si from close by (eccentric habits vs. detail focused reasoning)...

while most of any type will have their two frontal functions well developed, tertiary functions seem to have a selective utility-like competence (though often immature) while inferior functions tend to sort of.. "hang in there, you can do it.. ish, sort of. its fine. your ass doesn't look fat in this function, honest!".

maybe the easiest way to differentiate INFJs and ENFJs would be the location of Se and Ti?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFJs have ambition

Isn't your business partner ENFJ? I'm curious how ESTPs and ENFJs compliment one another in a partnership. It seems like there'd be some weird good cop-bad cop dynamic.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Isn't your business partner ENFJ? I'm curious how ESTPs and ENFJs compliment one another in a partnership. It seems like there'd be some weird good cop-bad cop dynamic.

Actually yes, he loves playing bad cop... even though he's awful at it. He tried once but pussed out, lmao! If anything I'm the bad cop.

The problem is, he gets most of his business advice from walter white, and I think he enjoys pretending he is. So... yeah, sometimes doing business with him is questionable and I feel like he doesn't take my money very seriously.

Our dynamic is interesting. He's good at routine, I'm good at the hard spontaneous stuff. So whenever something goes wrong I always have a solution. But whenever nothing is happening he's comfortable running the gym for me.

The other issue is, we both have very weighty emotions, so when one of us is down, it takes a lot of energy for both of us to cheer us both up. Feels like I"m lifting a great weight, whereas with most other personalities, all I have to do is get enthusiastic and tell them its no biggie, and they are happy as ever after that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually yes, he loves playing bad cop... even though he's awful at it. He tried once but pussed out, lmao! If anything I'm the bad cop.

The problem is, he gets most of his business advice from walter white, and I think he enjoys pretending he is. So... yeah, sometimes doing business with him is questionable and I feel like he doesn't take my money very seriously.

Our dynamic is interesting. He's good at routine, I'm good at the hard spontaneous stuff. So whenever something goes wrong I always have a solution. But whenever nothing is happening he's comfortable running the gym for me.

The other issue is, we both have very weighty emotions, so when one of us is down, it takes a lot of energy for both of us to cheer us both up. Feels like I"m lifting a great weight, whereas with most other personalities, all I have to do is get enthusiastic and tell them its no biggie, and they are happy as ever after that.

ENFJs seem to be better forward thinkers, but I could see how they might not do so great in the heat of the moment, when an unforeseen problem smacks them right in the face.