• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Why do ENFPs need time to be alone?

Noitartst

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENFPs are the NFs most like an NT. Why? THeir primary inuition's extroveted, as is the tertiary Thinking. THus you'd expect they'd be a little more like an NT.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
My ENFP best friend can't stand being alone. She confided in me once that when she is alone she starts thinking about "depressing" stuff, like that she has no friends and that that is why she is currently alone, etc.

I used to tell her that I thought that was unhealthy, but now that I understand extraversion better I understand a little bit more. One time her step dad grounded her from having any guests over (like she normally did everyday), and so she called me crying and asked if she could spend the night at my house so she wouldn't have to be alone.

I think she could benefit from "alone time" greatly, I just don't know a way to tell her that without upsetting her.

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFPs are the NFs most like an NT. Why? THeir primary inuition's extroveted, as is the tertiary Thinking. THus you'd expect they'd be a little more like an NT.

i love NTs :wubbie: and i have noticed i get on better with them or enjoy their company more than other NFs seem to..

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ

I don't see how that makes them like an NT.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8

I'm not sure about that. Our primary function is a perceiving function, and our feeling func. is introverted. Thus we usually don't display the stereotypical Fe behaviors, but that's as far as I'd go. Any NF with a dominant percieving function could seem less stereotypically NF: enfp, infj. People with introverted feeling could also seem less stereotypically NF: infp, enfp. I don't think that makes us look more NT, or any more NTish than an infj or infp.

Last edited:

Noitartst

MBTI Type
INTJ
i love NTs :wubbie: and i have noticed i get on better with them or enjoy their company more than other NFs seem to..

ENFPs and INTJs are said to be an ideal match, given they both lead with intuition. One follows with feeling, the other thinking, but both end with inferior sensing. THat leads to a suprisingly similar outlook betwixt the types, especially given that an ENFP's Intuition and Thinking is extroverted, whereas the feeling is introverted. ENFPs, as much as they love feeling the moment, they also want to think about it, too, something that an NT would completely understand.

To an INTJ, the ENFP is fairly relatable because of this, as, yes she's more emotional than he is, but seems to make more sense than other NF types, and he likes that.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I know it's to center themselves and all but, I just don't understand it.

It's true though. I've hung out with too many people lately in the past 3 weeks so all I did was stay home today and I feel okay now. I can't explain it. But you could tell like, yesterday, that I wasn't being so fun to be around. I was kind of exhausted of being with people, even though I love them very much.

It's weird because I read that they're the only extroverts that need to do this.
Doesn't everyone need some time alone, occasionally?

kensi

Whoaaaaa. You bring up a very good point.....but what about INFJs...the same goes there internally.

Noitartst

MBTI Type
INTJ
Whoaaaaa. You bring up a very good point.....but what about INFJs...the same goes there internally.

For them, THeir primary intuition and tertiary thinking are introverted, so they are less stimulated by crowds to the point of being overstimulated. I don't know, but would speculate they would just avoid the heart of the fray to begin with, whereas the ENFP charges right in, only to find she occasionally overloads.

How does that sound?

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
I never been there but from what i hear...Jersey doesn't offer up a lot of Ne....nor Fi

How could anyone come up with that? Haha. I mean, I guess so? I don't find a lot of people that REALLY interest me around here, so it's kind of boring.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I COMPLETELY know what you mean.. at first I started to think that I'm probably a bit more introverted, but I realize I'm not, I just like my own space/time to 'recharge.'

I don't know what it is.. maybe we just need time to just take everything in and enjoy it all at once by ourselves.. Although, one of my ex's was also an ENFP, and even with him at times, I still liked to be alone. Most times, hanging out with him was like hanging out with myself, except, the attention I got from him was more amplified.. he still drained me out a bit though.

Interesting question. Perhaps it's the FP part that makes us even more laid back, therefore we need that extra alone time? =)

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah I hear ya. My best friend is an ENFP and we will take months off from eachother. Just a mutual break where we just know we need some time. It's brilliant having a friend that understands.