• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Why do ENFPs need time to be alone?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
this has GOT to be my problem then.. it has to be what's wrong with me... no break never ever ever a 24hr period to just regenerate, it make take longer though....

*sigh*

kids and enfps have got to be a stressful combo

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
this has GOT to be my problem then.. it has to be what's wrong with me... no break never ever ever a 24hr period to just regenerate, it make take longer though....

*sigh*

It's funny you say that. I was going to post a thread asking if there was any ENFP's here with children. I think any type having children is in for a challenge, but I wonder if other ENFP's have the same challenges parenting as I do.

I a single mom ENFP with a 4 year old ENFP (from what I can tell) daughter.

SillyGoose

MBTI Type
EXXP
I could see myself in there =P I need time alone every night after so many things went on during the day. But I've been stuck in my room for days, and it's depressing for me. I can't stand having to chat or text for a long time. I really have a strong need/urge for exchanging information. I'd love to verbally talk to people in person and see how they verbally and physically respond. After those exchanges I then need solitude time :p

I've never been in a situation where two extreme emotions are going on, but I think it would be a fun to know what it's like ONCE

Come visit my office, love. It's an ENFP's dream (where else can you be chronically late for 3 friggin years and not get fired?) and nightmare. There is hardly any management and so laid back that almost everyone has their 'moments' in our office that would get them fired anywhere else.

Overall, very fun but can be tremendously stressful at times.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
^^ Sounds kinda like 'The Office'

And dooood, I needed alone time tonight. I actually left the club and contemplated stopping home but thought I'd end up staying home or being late coming back. So I went across the street to the 24 hour drug store, browsed, bought some water and mints, then used the restroom to freshen up, then 10 minutes later I was ready again to mingle.

I dunno, sometimes I feel like inside I'm running away, I just need a moment to myself to not be bothered or be exposed or...it's like I need *me* time and sometimes I need to feel safe for a second before I can throw myself back out there.

If I don't get that?

Oh yeah, I can get *weird*.

Maybe it's a need to feel in control of your environment and yourself. And partially a need to escape a stimulus that stressing or over stimulating you so you can recollect yourself and then prepare yourself so you can go back out and not be bothered.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

*sigh*

OMGGG!!! NO BREAKS??? No quiet/alone time!!!???

I'm not going to be a mom, then! :shock: Nah, just kidding, but that would drive me bananas.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^^ Sounds kinda like 'The Office'

Oh yeah, I can get *weird*.

Maybe it's a need to feel in control of your environment and yourself. And partially a need to escape a stimulus that stressing or over stimulating you so you can recollect yourself and then prepare yourself so you can go back out and not be bothered.

Yes! Right! :D

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
Come visit my office, love. It's an ENFP's dream (where else can you be chronically late for 3 friggin years and not get fired?) and nightmare. There is hardly any management and so laid back that almost everyone has their 'moments' in our office that would get them fired anywhere else.

Overall, very fun but can be tremendously stressful at times.

haha... I would love to. But too bad you're all the way in VA while i'm too broke for either gas or air fare =P

i like it when my job is stressful at times. i figured that i had a problem motivate my own self. i need external motivation/drive bad :blush:. the more pressure there is, the more productive i am.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
i like it when my job is stressful at times. i figured that i had a problem motivate my own self. i need external motivation/drive bad :blush:. the more pressure there is, the more productive i am.

you said it sistah! I'm with you 100%

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
couldn't the original question be answered pretty simply by functions?

Fi Ne INFP
Ne Fi ENFP

the same moments where the INFP has become fun and outgoing (Ne)
the same occurs for the ENFP who needs to be introspective (Fi)

Bee

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't know. I think I usually need some time alone because when I'm with other people I'm rushing around, thinking a million things at once about absolutely everything, and once in a while I need to get my head in order. Almost like clearing out some of the clutter.
Did that make sense? xD

kensi

I know it's to center themselves and all but, I just don't understand it.

It's true though. I've hung out with too many people lately in the past 3 weeks so all I did was stay home today and I feel okay now. I can't explain it. But you could tell like, yesterday, that I wasn't being so fun to be around. I was kind of exhausted of being with people, even though I love them very much.

It's weird because I read that they're the only extroverts that need to do this.

where did you read this ....please tell me;)...??....this is very usefull advice to have access to if you are an ENFp and are considering possibly switching your type to account for other factors....as is the case with me.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I've just been surrounded by people for 48 hrs. straight!

I am now, alone in my room, and it feels fucking GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!!!!

Tiring, other people can be very tiring.

This is why I love foruming, ya'll are too far away to get up in my ENFP spi-zace!!!

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
Yeah, I like being alone too. I get incredibly irritated if someone like a neighbor was making stupid noise late at night or if someone was getting away with murder. I'd want to kill either one of them just to equalize nature.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I like being alone too. I get incredibly irritated if someone like a neighbor was making stupid noise late at night or if someone was getting away with murder. I'd want to kill either one of them just to equalize nature.
Irrational, illogical and disturbing.

:huh:

Bravo.

*hides*

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
where did you read this ....please tell me;)...??....this is very usefull advice to have access to if you are an ENFp and are considering possibly switching your type to account for other factors....as is the case with me.

I read it here: Portrait of an ENFP

An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP

you sound like hannibal lecter hah ohh those movies/books fascinate me...