• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Do NFs have agenda?

heart

heart on fire
My apologies, I assumed you meant that we have to be perfect before we advise others from the above quote, I must be wrong so my sincere apologies to you.

I based my comments on the passage I linked to. The situation is such that groups will take on the collective character of the least developed among them. So people who are carrying around a lot of toxic ego driven type bagage are going bring down the character of any group they form. The vast majority of people in our culture have not made great efforts to come to grips with themselves in these ways.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I ask because from the outside it looks like answer is no.
And I don't accept "We want everybody to be happy" as answer.

I havent read the posts, but my first thoughs:

1) Yes, it seems like its "no"

2) I would settle for "me to be happy"

I have tried to find a better meaning for my life, but since I am almost an atheist, I probably wont find it. I've put my hope of spiritual awakening on blunt force trauma at my frontal lobe.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Ok, I read it. My answer remains mostly the same.

I was quite depressed at some point and saw that every single one on this planet needs to be saved from their own stupidity. After that I got to see that it takes forever for me to save myself from it, so I gave up hopes of saving anyone and concentrated on myself, not to get it done in this life, but to get it started. Then I saw that the more happy I became the more I could see other people reacting to my attitude in a favorable way. This has a lot to do with the Jung posts above. It only takes me to get more happy and the other people will react. So, my answer in a complete form would be: Saving myself in order to save the world.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
We all know that NTs have general agenda and everybody know what it is.
(at least I think so)

So I am asking does the same works for NFs.

By this I mean that, some picture of the world would have to come to reality before NFs can claim "victory".

To be totally direct do all of you have a common goal ?

If answer is YES then what is it?

I ask because from the outside it looks like answer is no.
And I don't accept "We want everybody to be happy" as answer.

Also I ask because the entire NF thing is blur to me.

The key to me to answering your question is in the word "victory". I can only speak for myself, but I have no interest in "winning" anything. Some of us just want to be left alone to do our own thing, live and let live.

I don't want to be dominated nor do I want to dominate.

I may not want everybody to be happy but I do want everybody to have the freedom to choose their own path without some giant hammer squashing them in an attempt to control them.

I personally don't even share common goals with my spouse, let alone millions of other NFs.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agenda? I try not to... they blow up in my face too quick and things seem to work out better when I wing it... I absolutely wish I could squeak one by sometime in this life, though.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Agenda? I try not to... they blow up in my face too quick and things seem to work out better when I wing it... I absolutely wish I could squeak one by sometime in this life, though.
Sorry, this is :offtopic: but

run, you're back!!! :hi: Missed ya, buddy. :hug:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My agenda goes all Zorg when left to my own devices.

Ah, my John Galliano space world... full of candy-colored everything... and flying cars...

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You've got to give that a try, Kart. :D It's wheeeee!

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Goals, yes. Agenda, I don't think so.

Well if I -did- have an agenda it would be to not get stuck in a situation I can't get out of. I'm always looking for the out if I need to bail.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i think about life and stuff, like career, i do take planning and try to take steps.

but when it comes to other stuff in life in general, i never have an agenda. unless its something like getting friends who are fighting to hang out again, so i don't have to worry about who to kick it with and who not to kick it with etc... that is so stressful.

but yeah, other than that, I think i live life like a goldfish.